Twotter V1.11 WOW!!

Andy B.

Let me be the first to say WOW!!! 1.11 is a major improvement it should really be called 2.0. Just the engine improvements alone are absolutely fantastic, and there is so much more besides.

Well done to all involved, and thank you very much.

Andy.

You are right, the engine / propeller relationship must be mastered now.

You need to reduce the power a bit before reducing propeller RPM, since they wil increase torque.

Sound is much improved, especially if You got seperate power levers for each engine (like the CH-Throttle Quadrant).

Try to get the engines a tiny bit out of sync, and You will start hearing "hhum hhumm" from the propellers.

Note: Both the new engine / propeller interaction, and the new way processing the sound, has been done by John Loehr.

Finn

• Aerosoft
A big thank you then to John Loehr you have transformed the engine behaviour and sounds tremendously.

Indeed he did. You know that in the end they were comparing our landings to video's to get the sounds completely correct? This one cause three new flight models: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JP-yvfs-U0

Absolutely lovely!!! I just had the first go with 1.11 and I've to chime in that this should be called 2.0 - great work guys hanging in there and fixing it close to perfection.

Now if you'd be so kind and bring the glider package :D

A GREAT plane keeps on getting better and better.

Thanks to all of you involved for your hard work and commitment to bring the Otter to it's full glory. A true masterpiece!

What a great job you have all done on the Otter, this update has made this into 'must have' imo, the sounds are just like the real thing now that you have modelled the prop changes.

Plus all the other updates, this has got to be the best turborop ever done for FS.

Well Done

Bill :D:D

Another example of fine artwork and excellent support. I just did a small test flight and it's tremendous! To call it 1.11 only is a true act of understatement ;-)

Thorsten

Hi,

Well it seems like the right time to get this package. I have been waiting very patientally!

If i download this package, will it be the updated 1.11 version or will it provide an update once 1.10 is installed?

Regards,

I am sure it will be the 1.11 version, that was a complete re-install for me. I had to uninstall v 1.10, and then the update 1.11. So 1.11 seems to be the complete package.

I posted more details in the other thread, but this is a really nice update. The items they claim were improved were substantially improved, especially the proper increase in sounds when advancing prop RPM. You nailed that aspect perfectly!

Ken

Ditto to all the positive comments above! This is an amazing update of an amazing product! Now . . . I'm hoping I hear water lapping against the side of a big amphibious twin that shares its name with a lovely island off the coast of Los Angeles. :wink:

• Aerosoft
Ditto to all the positive comments above! This is an amazing update of an amazing product! Now . . . I'm hoping I hear water lapping against the side of a big amphibious twin that shares its name with a lovely island off the coast of Los Angeles. :wink:

yes yes yes..,. work on that is now back in full swing.

.....and there i was thinking the Cheyenne was good!!!!

Downloaded today and already in love! 15-30fps in VC with no drop at all from default aircraft!!! How do you do it?

I posted a thread on another forum not so long ago asking everyone what they thought was the best FSX add-on aircraft ever, as i was on a quest to find out as i felt i was missing out on a certain something!

Well, i can honestly say you guys are the winners.

Twotter: Simply the best add-on aircraft ever produced in my opinion and i don't say that lightly and i just can not wait to learn more.

I am sure you will all be fed up with my forthcoming questions about her but i am sat in front of the manual now trying to take it all in.

Sometimes you get that nervous feeling when you download an aircraft wondering what it will be like and whether it will kill your FPS. I was simply blown away when i first loaded this aircraft and sat in the VC (No 2D, which in my opinion is an awesome idea) and looked around with out the screen stuttering. I then pressed Shft+Z and nearly spat my tea out when i saw the FPS!!!!

Can VFR flying get any better than dodging the mountains and taking in the scenery with this baby, and then making a satisfying landing and listening to those tyres squeech!! :shock:

A very happy customer.

Well done. 10/10. :D:D:D

P.S. Is there anywhere i can get a forum banner for the twotter?

P.S. Is there anywhere i can get a forum banner for the twotter?

That's a good idea i'd love to have a nice forum signature too and maybe even an avatar as well. Maybe someone could photoshop a nice one for us.

I downloaded the v.1.11 about an hour ago, and went flying to check it out.

All I can say is: Fantastic, really nice work! :) :) :)

Well done to all the people who're involved in this, it's just a joy to fly!

Regards

Grahame

:D STUNNING :D With 1.11 the Twotter has become my favorite "all time" plane, although the DO-27 is a very close second :wink: . Looking forward to your next masterpiece(s).

Steve

Fantastic update. Love the new sounds.

For sure this aircraft is destined to become a FSX classic!

Speaking of sounds, is it possible to have a wiper motor/blade sound when the wipers are turned on. I assume in reality these sounds can be heard from the cockpit. I reckon this would really add to the cockpit "atmosphere". Maybe this could become a standard feature of new Aerosoft planes? Maybe in a future Twotter update?

• Aerosoft
Fantastic update. Love the new sounds.

For sure this aircraft is destined to become a FSX classic!

Speaking of sounds, is it possible to have a wiper motor/blade sound when the wipers are turned on. I assume in reality these sounds can be heard from the cockpit. I reckon this would really add to the cockpit "atmosphere". Maybe this could become a standard feature of new Aerosoft planes? Maybe in a future Twotter update?

We are working on a sound module that is more or less universal. Should arrive for the summer. I doubt however you hear the wipers in flight, the Twin Otter is a very noisy beast.

... I doubt however you hear the wipers in flight, the Twin Otter is a very noisy beast.

Having spent some time as a passenger in Twin Otters, the above is something of an understatement, particularly during take-offs and landings. It is only at cruise that one's voice can be heard over the engines, and polite conversation is still out of the question, one still must shout. Frequent flyers on Pilgrim Airways usually brought along their own earplugs.

For this reason, I get a kick out of the depiction of the pilots on the 300 series who fly wearing caps and without their headsets. One can only assume that they are already deaf from years of flying in Otters and communicate by sign language or mental telepathy.