Offline traffic density

DylanM

Congratulations on a successful release.

What I am experiencing with the recommended settings (AI offline between 35-50% density + ground density at 0%) that the AI density from the offline flightplans is extremely high, causing crowding and impacts to frames. These were taken at LSZH:

Please login to display this image.

Online AI appears to have significantly less impact (however ground coverage at stands is also less).

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks

Set density lower then, and Simple Traffic doesn't change Live Traffic at all, only the liveries, the low ground coverage in live traffic is a bug since SU5, you probably had ground density set higher before so you may have missed that.

1 hour ago, Kent Bergström said:

Set density lower then, and Simple Traffic doesn't change Live Traffic at all, only the liveries, the low ground coverage in live traffic is a bug since SU5, you probably had ground density set higher before so you may have missed that.

Thanks - the issue isn’t with online traffic, but the offline flightplans which are injecting significant volumes of AI even at lower settings (especially when ground traffic density is set to 0).

Testing lower settings in combination with bumping up the static slider now…

I'm having similar issues. Started a flight at EGLL tonight, and the sheer traffic volume even at density setting 20 brought my FPS down to 10 FPS, pretty much unusable. Aircraft were also spawning in nearby airports like a bee's nest. Here's what it looked like:

6 hours ago, mopperle said:

Guys, please read the manual and the FAQ. Simple Traffic has no influence on how many aircraft appear when and where.

Ok so I'm confused now - I thought ST also adds AI flight plans... The product info states

• Over 1400 traffic routes for airports included (more added with every update)

So just hypothetically, if 100 new routes for EGLL would be included, this would certainly affect the number of aircraft that appear in AI offline mode?

In any case, I'll do the exact same test later tonight with standard MSFS offline AI traffic and see how it compares to the amount ST generates...

• Aerosoft
1 hour ago, woodstock327 said:

Ok so I'm confused now - I thought ST also adds AI flight plans... The product info states

But it still uses the default spawning of AI. I agree that it is a bit busy that is why the manual suggest a lower setting when you find it hard to find a parking. I have it now set at 30% most of the time.

With the traffic density set at 2% and all the settings as defined in the manual in offline mode. I have every gate full and literally 20+ planes circling the field like some sort of airshow. Some are even two planes morphed together as one. Amusing for sure, but not exactly what I was expecting.
Yes I have read the manual and yes I have read the FAQ and I have no traffic related addons at all in the community folder.
It seems at 0% we get no traffic and anything above that just spawns like crazy.

1 hour ago, Stelios Christofides said:

In AIRCRAFT TRAFFIC TYPE  set to AI ONLINE  you are not able to set the AI AIRCRAFT TRAFFIC DENSITY

Online mode is based on 'reported real world' traffic so no you can't set density. The same in the default simulator without this addon. Reporting of ground traffic is a known issue with the method used to report it publicly.
If you ever watch Flight Aware to track flights you will see the exact same behavior.

• Aerosoft
4 minutes ago, fenflame said:

With the traffic density set at 2% and all the settings as defined in the manual in offline mode. I have every gate full and literally 20+ planes circling the field like some sort of airshow. Some are even two planes morphed together as one. Amusing for sure, but not exactly what I was expecting.
Yes I have read the manual and yes I have read the FAQ and I have no traffic related addons at all in the community folder.
It seems at 0% we get no traffic and anything above that just spawns like crazy.

We have never seen every gate used with a 30% setting. What do you see when Simple Traffic is removed?

8 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

We have never seen every gate used with a 30% setting. What do you see when Simple Traffic is removed?

With the exact same 2% setting and no other settings altered with the addon uninstalled I have 2 planes in the airport (KBOS - MSFS stock airport) and none in the air.
Addon installed a few spawn in the gates, then more and more. After 10 minutes its  total carnage in the air and on the ground.
Again, its amusing, but clearly not correct functionality.

14 hours ago, woodstock327 said:

I'm having similar issues. Started a flight at EGLL tonight

Though I would try EGLL as a test case and also see the same.

1 hour ago, Mathijs Kok said:

With the same sim settings these were comparative shots at EGLL - hoping they help. The default offline appears to load far fewer flightplans / aircraft to fill in the lack of static ground aircraft. 

Default MSFS (30% offline traffic + 0% Ground Aircraft Density):

ST (30% offline traffic + 0% Ground Aircraft Density):

Not running any other addons, and the airport is default as well. 

• Developer

Simple Traffic includes offline AI traffic files based on real-world airline activity levels. In our files, each AI fllightplan is randomly assigned a Density Value between 1 and 100. When you set the Density Level in the sim, then the sim will only load Simple Traffic flights with a Density Value equal to or lower than that Density Level setting.

This affects the frequency of arriving and departing AI flights, but does not necessarily correspond directly to the percentage of airport gates populated with sleeping aircraft. The logic used to populate the gates is internally controlled by the sim, and the sim will still continue to populate the gates with upcoming departures within your Density Level setting.

So if you reduce the Density setting, whilst you will see less frequent arrivals and departures, you will still see a large number of sleeping aircraft at the gate. This is not something that Simple Traffic has any influence over.

100% corresponds to real world activity levels, which is more than the sim can currently handle. We recommend a current setting of around 30% in most areas, but you may need to reduce it further in particularly busy areas.

19 hours ago, fenflame said:

The same with me. It makes no difference whether I have it at 2% or 35%

Archived