CRJ not catching the Localizer

On 10/31/2021 at 2:26 PM, Christopher Jones said:

So been doing some more testing and I think I have solved it

• Engage App mode as you line up via NAV mode rather then asking the plane to capture and turn (like other planes)
  • GS still getting used to with speed and flaps etc.
  • I think there is a problem with Munich SIMWINGS specifically as the ILS appeared out

I have had no issues with "asking the plane to capture and turn". 

You should be configured, all but the last notch of two of flaps and gear down prior to G/S capture.  In fact if you are on speed, gear down and put in the last notch of flaps as the G/S is captured, you will find you don't really have to touch the throttles much after capture to maintain speed.  

"Under certain conditions the aircraft will not correctly follow the ILS (we believe most often when it is intercepting the ILS from level flight). This is unfortunate a well documented simulator issue that we are unable to circumvent. 

The best way to handle this is to be in a slight descent when intercepting and keep a very close eye on the speed. " 

This is in the FAQ. Posted on March 11. Not been updated.

I assume it's still valid and, therefore, shows that the CRJ(s) are potentially unable to fly any ILS, whatever the scenery, chart, AIRAC, whatever...

I had a similar but somewhat different issue yesterday.  Flying ILS to Hong Kong, it captured a glide slope, but "landed" in the ocean some distance away from the airport -- not just short of the runway, but well orthogonal to the runway, as though the localizer had the airport in the completely wrong place.  I knew this was happening but let it fly just to see where it would land.  It's the stock Hong Kong scenery.

• 3 weeks later...

Not sure if still necessary, but I had the same problems (localizer / GS not capturing).
This went on for several flights to several different airports.

Updating the navdata via the Navigraph Navdata Center solved the problem for me. 

Archived