H1 Racer going beta

I read that, yes. As far as I read it was because of the fear full throttle would kill the engine.

Fully understandable when you have only ONE engine for that try and competitors a concepting aircraft that can be you lightly in some months.

You must imagine the emotional stress that lays on you: Making a not so good record that will not be so 'historical' and not risking engine death

or going for all and risking losing the only engine AND the world record.

And so its not so easy to say 'WHAT A BRAVE PILOT!' afterwards at an success.

Only imagines thousand and one possibilty for an engine damage.

I think such things are 10 Percent Braveness and 90 Percent luck lol...

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great post Brother, and sums up my feeling on Hughes as well. The vision of such a person strikes me, being able to pull all that together. There have been a lot of them, from Sir George Cayley, Clément Ader, Samuel Pierpont Langley's the Great Aerodrome, Otto Lilienthal, Wright brothers (whose story is absolutely amazing when you think about the common sense those guys had being bicycle shop owners.) It goes on. I would put Hughes on that list, but not above. Truly amazing at this point how far we have come.

Guest Hubertus Fuest
He was a really mechanic genius, you know like that Guy from the A-Team, who could built a rocket from a toothbrush.

...and I thought that was MacGyver! :angry:

I should stop watching serials - all I do is mixing up them. :blink:

Best regards.

Hubi

...and I thought that was MacGyver! :angry:

I should stop watching serials - all I do is mixing up them. :blink:

Best regards.

Hubi

I had almost selected MacGyver too, but somehow 'PA' had a larger presence in my childhood. :)

Thanks again for the good work Hubi!

How is damage actually modelled in the H-1? You can kill the engine as far as I read here. Does it mean the H-1 has to be flown according to the manual and within its limits? This is often totally unneeded since most planes do not react to bad treatment. Only the Do-27 does it as far as I know. So how does the H-1 handles that?

And by the way, have the beta testers returned from their last rounds already? :lol:

If You run the engine "redlined" it will inevitably fail after some time depending on how far You are running it into the "red zone".

Engine failure will occur by too high CHT (Cylinderhead temp) or Oil temperature. It will also fail due to shockcooling. Close the throttle, enrich the mixture and keep the engine at low RPM´s and the engine fails !

Also running the engine with low oil pressure will make the engine fail !

Initial fuel pressure is generated with a handpump - pump the pressure too high and the fuelpipe will blow !

Caroburettor icing is also simulated to a greater extend, taking humidity in the air into account !

As I have said elsewhere - beating speed reocrds is NOT a matter of just firewalling the throttle, but more about being able to "shepherd" the engine through right engine management.

STAY TUNED !!

Finn

Man this sounds fascinating, finally a plane that you have to take care of. I wish it would finally find its way to the store though.

The H-1 is currently polished to high gloss by a bunch of nice looking people, bringing insect impact away from windshield and spraying the cockpit with parfume. You surely not want to smell

those betatester sweat...imagine how fast they traveled with the CHT pointer near engines melting point LOL....

If I would get her faster if I needed to clean her myself I'd do so :lol:

Anyway, I read into your flowery words that a release is - not to use the s-word - very near? Like before-the-weekend near??

If I would get her faster if I needed to clean her myself I'd do so :lol:

Anyway, I read into your flowery words that a release is - not to use the s-word - very near? Like before-the-weekend near??

S-word?

"Soon" - the plague of the addon developers :lol: I hate it when they say that. At first it was believable, then it became a running gag and now it's downright annoying. I've seen other 3-letter-acronym-addons comming "soon" for over half a year now. The S-word has lost any credibility.

"Soon" - the plague of the addon developers :lol: I hate it when they say that. At first it was believable, then it became a running gag and now it's downright annoying. I've seen other 3-letter-acronym-addons comming "soon" for over half a year now. The S-word has lost any credibility.

I understand you. But when I say soon, it means soon.

Thats all i can say about it now.

What I forgot to ask...

1.) Will there be a 2D-Panel? Given the quality of the VC I think not but it would be nice to know officially.

2.) How about the performance of the H-1? I mean framerate with that. Given the great look of the model and esp. the VC I'm fearing the worst. Could you say a word or two about the fps in comparison to the Twin Otter or Beaver? If the H-1 loses some 20% over the Twin Otter I would still be fine, more would make it problematic here and there on my low end puter.

And how are you actually related to the project? Dev? Tester?? Head???

Thank you.

What I forgot to ask...

1.) Will there be a 2D-Panel? Given the quality of the VC I think not but it would be nice to know officially.

2.) How about the performance of the H-1? I mean framerate with that. Given the great look of the model and esp. the VC I'm fearing the worst. Could you say a word or two about the fps in comparison to the Twin Otter or Beaver? If the H-1 loses some 20% over the Twin Otter I would still be fine, more would make it problematic here and there on my low end puter.

And how are you actually related to the project? Dev? Tester?? Head???

Thank you.

1. No 2D panel

2. It will be very close to the performance of the Twotter :-) a tiny bit more demanding, bhtu definitly not 20% less !

If You can run the default Cessna 172 without a hitch, then the H-1 will be fine !

Finn

Well the looks of the VC would make a "tiny bit" a HUGE achievement. The Twin Otter, while beeing really nice and fun to fly, has made some compromises in the VC concerning the detail. I can run the C172 fine, although I don't fly her. My plane of choice in that class is the Carenado Mooney.

1. No 2D panel

2. It will be very close to the performance of the Twotter :-) a tiny bit more demanding, bhtu definitly not 20% less !

If You can run the default Cessna 172 without a hitch, then the H-1 will be fine !

Finn

Finn is one of the beta testers.

What is your computer specification Private?

Perhaps those 'old' machines like each other? :)

Ha ha, that could be true, although the old shiny/blue machine likes my new black machine even better ;)

Finn is one of the beta testers.

What is your computer specification Private?

I meant you. Are you dev? Head?

I run a powerful subnotebook. I work on it and travel a lot so I got rid of my PC to get my beloved Sony SZ-series. It has a T2500 2*2GHz Dual Core, 2GB RAM, 80GB 5400RPM HDD and two GPUs - for gaming you want the "faster" one, the NV 7400Go which has 64MB dedicated and 384MB shared. I know it is not much but good enough to run in the 15-20fps region with reasonable high settings. It works better than you'd think in fact. Only complex airports and complex airliners are a no-go but rural regions like FTX Australia and the Twin Otter come along very very nice. You have to keep in mind that the SZ from Sony weights less then 2kg and can run over 4h on (the small and light) battery if need be using the "slower" GPU (Intel GMA). It's clearly a system built for work and given that fact it can handle modest games (Sins Of A Solar Empire and Galactic Civilization beeing my favs) really well. With FSX it depends what and where you fly. That's why I'm always a bit sceptic about new planes. But I've been surprised quite a few times by how well I can fly.

1. No 2D panel

Finn

Great to hear, but I still have my Quad-core Zalman cooled juiced and OC'ed ready for it. Thanks for the update all, and can't wait to fly her.

I meant you. Are you dev? Head?

I run a powerful subnotebook. I work on it and travel a lot so I got rid of my PC to get my beloved Sony SZ-series. It has a T2500 2*2GHz Dual Core, 2GB RAM, 80GB 5400RPM HDD and two GPUs - for gaming you want the "faster" one, the NV 7400Go which has 64MB dedicated and 384MB shared. I know it is not much but good enough to run in the 15-20fps region with reasonable high settings. It works better than you'd think in fact. Only complex airports and complex airliners are a no-go but rural regions like FTX Australia and the Twin Otter come along very very nice. You have to keep in mind that the SZ from Sony weights less then 2kg and can run over 4h on (the small and light) battery if need be using the "slower" GPU (Intel GMA). It's clearly a system built for work and given that fact it can handle modest games (Sins Of A Solar Empire and Galactic Civilization beeing my favs) really well. With FSX it depends what and where you fly. That's why I'm always a bit sceptic about new planes. But I've been surprised quite a few times by how well I can fly.

I am developer, yes.

Yes its interesting to know what the FSX pilots can bring in from computer and graphics power.

I don't like the idea, to get those people out of nice flying, who not have the latest hardware additions.

The art is really to develop for a wide variance in computer systems. So i try to use computers in those works, who are not the fastest.

At every moment I see if the visual looks OK AND I get a instantous message from the achieved FPS if it optimal of has to be optimized.

Beside the complete artistical experience there is surely one needed to achieve optimal visual results with a possible low number of polygons.

Mr. Mathijs Kok (Aerosoft),

I, eagerly, await this flyer; really nice looking Pics! B)

What else are you gents up to ??? I would love to see some more GA or Business aircraft; Your Cheyenne is amazing too! :D

Thanks a bunch for keeping me entertained when I'm at home. :)

The Cheyenne is not from Aerosoft but from Digital Aviation.

But I must say that Aerosofts lineup is the best and most attractive in my eyes. Instead of doing the 10th Cessna or Piper, Aerosoft turned towards some really unique and untouched planes. The H-1 is only one of those. There is also a Catalina flying boat in the pipeline I'm really looking forward to and the great glider package. All of those deliver new things and not the same GA all over again.

I love GA flying but I admire Aerosoft for having the guts to try something new. :)