Loading in the aircraft seems buggy

august78

Updated to latest version. Loading in at KSCR. The airplane loads up to the point where I expect the "fly" button to appear in the lower right corner. Instead, I see a very dark cockpit and dark atmosphere. Then after maybe 20-30 seconds, the darkness dissapears, but the "fly" button still doesnt appear. I'm looking at at a cold and dark cockpit, but I am not able to move or look around because I haven't gotten a "fly" button.

I have already sat through the many minutes firs time run earlier, so it can't be that.

The last time I tried to load her up, I got to the "fly" button, but the airplane was stone cold and the EFB wouldn't come on. The battery wouldn't power up the airplane (the knob would flick on though). 

Ok just sitting here letting it run to see if it ever goes to the "fly" button, I am now at 20 minutes and no change. Looking at a frozen screen, cold and dark cockpit with clouds not really moving in the sky. Every few seconds (like every 12 seconds or so) the clouds will warp to a new position. 

I tried reinstalling since last post. Still same problem. Updated to .4 with the asupdater after using 1.3 exe. 

Ok uninstalled and reinstalled 1.3, and didn't apply the updated to .4. The airplane is spawning in, and I get the fly now, but all systems are dark. I can hear the sound of the AC, but nothing works. EFB doesn't power on, and flicking the battery switch does nothing. 

Also, since I reinstalled, I was expecting a lenghty start up where the shaders or what ever it is needs time to calibrate. Instead, it went at normal speed, and the cockpit is not functioning. 

Edit: Resetting the m-files now, and seeing if that helps. 

2 minutes ago, august78 said:

Ok uninstalled and reinstalled 1.3, and didn't apply the updated to .4. The airplane is spawning in, and I get the fly now, but all systems are dark. I can hear the sound of the AC, but nothing works. EFB doesn't power on, and flicking the battery switch does nothing. 

Also, since I reinstalled, I was expecting a lenghty start up where the shaders or what ever it is needs time to calibrate. Instead, it went at normal speed, and the cockpit is not functioning. 

there is a thread about deleting the "m files" to force it to rebuild.  I would look for it -- I am on the MSFS bought version so we don't get this option anymore... but for the AS Store bought seems to be the fix...  

Ok, so removing the m-files did not really help. I do have a powerful machine so Im not sure if Im getting the long initialization or not, to me it seems like it's taking the same amount of time. I am now at the holdingpoint by the runway, and I have the "ready to fly" button, but I cannot click it. That is, when I try, the letters change from black to blue, but I dont get into the cockpit. The cockpit is still cold and dark. Every 12 seconds or so I can see the screen refreshing (everything blinks for a split second). 

My specs: i9-10900k @5ghz, rtx 2080ti, 3200mhz ddr4, nvme m2 with win10 home and MSFS. 

Please login to display this image.

Ok, I've uninstalled, removed the m-files, rebooted my system, installed the 1.3 version, and every time, not matter what airport I choose to spawn in at, I get the above results. Im gonna let it sit longer now and see if anything changes, but so far leaving it for 15-20 minutes has done nothing to change the state of the loaded in aircraft. 

Also removed the GTN750 that i installed yesterday, because that is the only thing I've added to my sim after the CRJ worked fine with the first release of the 1.3 patch. Removing the gtn750 did not do anything. 

ps. If I click the "ready to fly" button exactly at the split second where the screen refreshes (every 12 seconds), the airplanes jumps to the runway and Im in the cockpit. The screens turn on, stays on for a couple of cycles of 12 seconds, and then turns black. At no point can I move my view, or manipulate anything in the cockpit. 

Ok, since I bought two copies of the CRJ at release, 1 from AS store and one from MS store, I decided to uninstall the AS store version and install the MS store one. Now, I am at the runway, I have the engines running, the AC sounds are there, and I can flick switches and move my view, but the "ready to fly" never showed up, and the EFB doesnt turn on. The ND and PFD are on (se pic), but everything doesnt really work. Turning off the battery and generators dont do anything. My throttles dont work (I guess because I need to configure my throttles in the efb which isnt working). 

Please login to display this image.

Ok, just tried in the 550, and that works fine. No problem whatsoever. It's only the 700ER that doesnt doesnt work at all. 

EDIT: spoke too soon. It has problems in the sense that I have massive stutters every few seconds.  It will be fine for a few seconds, then I get a massive pause that last a couple of seconds, and this just keeps happening continously. 

Uninstalled the MS version of the CRJ and reinstalled the AS version. Now I have the same problem with the 550... Giving it time to do the initial load in, but my hopes are not high. 

Even when you do an uninstall there are still CRJ folders and files that are kept around....  I wonder if having duplicates but "not the same" with the AS vs MSFS stores is causing you and issue.....  I would think to go in and find all the folders and removed them all.... Delete... Clear the Trash Can make sure MSFS is shutdown when doing all of this...  Then load up MSFS... Then Shut it down....  Then re-install only one of those purchases...based on others issues with the MSFS I would go with the AS store version :)...  The fire up MSFS again..

So in the end I got it solved. Im not sure what fixed it, but clearing the m-files *again*, and doing a clean install of the AS store version got it working - both the 550 and 700ER. Im none the wiser, because I didn't do anything differently. 

Glad you got it working. But I'm sad you did. It was like reading a steven king novel. I was waiting on the next episode to come out. Lol. The joys of flight simming.

: )

Archived