V1.0.4.0 Freeze Sim

Dave1399

I noticed FPS drops while entering in the Flight plan. But not a crash.
It wasn't until I was climbing above FL180 that I then pressed Lsk a WP to go Direct to. So I pressed the key to copy the text, then I attempted to paste the WP over-top the next one, to go direct. LSK over the current WP, while in heading mode. This caused a complete freeze of the sim. I couldn't even Ctrl Atl, DEL out of it. I had to do a Hard reset to exit. Meaning pressing the Computer PWR button for 2 seconds and restart the computer.

There is a Def issue when it comes to the FMS which was not there with earlier Versions.

I'm running current windows version. 2002 Build 19041.985

i7-9700K,
GTX 1080 ( nvidia Driver 466.11 )
32 Gigs RAM 3200
Win 10 Pro.

I'm reporting due to others also having CTD's and freeze when using FMS.

If there is a log, or file which would be helpful for you to see, let me know. I'm not going to run this version again.

Dave

I'm getting this too.  Mine was store bought.  It gets INCREDIBLY slow while entering the FPL.

EDIT:  Mine locked up now.  Second attempt after restart, same issue at same place.

I was loading KFLL 10L ZAPPA4 ZAPPA DCT PERMT AR16 ILM DCT TYI DCT TANJA DCT WAVES CAPSS3 RNAV19 KDCA.  When I began to enter the individual waypoints on the route, after PERMT it got slower.  When clearing the discontinuity to adjoin the WAVES transition to the correct line, it locked up.  No response from mouse or any inputs.

• Deputy Sheriffs

DFWSupertrooper, I was able to recreate your case exactly when I connected WAVES together. We'll have a look into that.

Dave1339, Could you post the full route and the waypoint you tried direct to so that I could try to recreate your case as well.

• Deputy Sheriffs

DFWSupertrooper,

Took a closer look now into your case as well. It seems to only happen if you select the RNAV (RNP) approach for runway 19. Any other approach seems to be fine. The real aircraft is not capable of flying an RNP approach with AR legs (which is the case here) either. However, due to the nature how navdata is presented they are still listed on the aircraft. But that's most likely the reason why the sim freezes since you are tying to program an approach that the CRJ would not be capable of flying.

Still need more information from Dave to look into further into his case

21 minutes ago, Secondator said:

...It seems to only happen if you select the RNAV (RNP) approach for runway 19. Any other approach seems to be fine. The real aircraft is not capable of flying an RNP approach with AR legs (which is the case here) either. However, due to the nature how navdata is presented they are still listed on the aircraft. But that's most likely the reason why the sim freezes since you are tying to program an approach that the CRJ would not be capable of flying.

Thanks!  I wasn't even trying to fly the RNAV approach anyway...just wanted the waypoints so I could start the river visual from that point.  Appreciate the quick turnaround.  Let us know if anything further can be done other than avoiding RNAV approaches.  That's a bummer since GS isn't working great right now on ILS either.  Kinda limits your landings during weather issues/low vis.

Thank you both Mr. @Mathijs Kok
and Mr. @Secondator
for the quick responce. I don't mind sim trouble as much when you have good support like this. Anyway below was the route. Only things in my community folder is the CRJ and Honeycomb.  Everything else was stock. I was flying on Vatsim using vpilot at the time.

The freeze occurred after i flew the  IGRI1B departure in vloc mode .  Captured The radial east bound. Once i reached IGRIS i switched to heading mode, then copied WP KIMTI to go direct to. When i LSK over top that's when all went to hell lol. I'll link my twitch recording below. Just fast forward to the last few minutes. 

* Side question pertaining to RNP Approaches.  I understand that this aircraft wouldn't be capable. But it still should allow to fly the waypoints right?. Maybe just not being able to have the V/DEV part like a new bus would. I ask because i did have a RNP loaded for Paro. Although i was no where near it when the crash occurred. 

VNKT ( kathmandu ) to VQPR ( Paro )

IGRI1B KIMTI B345 TUMLI SUBSU SUBSU1

Edit:. My copy was purchased and installed from Aerosoft using your installers. Downloaded.  Then used the updater to get most current version.

Dave.

Twitch link to video:

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi Dave,

The video doesn't work unfortunately. However with the information you gave we were able to reproduce it.

we'll investiagte both of these cases further if there is a chance we can prevent significant sim lag or freeze happening with these cases. Thanks for the reports and extra information!

39 minutes ago, Secondator said:

However with the information you gave we were able to reproduce it.

Great news!. Thanks for the speedy support. Looking forward to the next update : )

Dave. 

Just got the notification of a new version. 1.0.5.0 .

However, i don't see any mention of this bug being fixed in the release notes. Has this been fixed, or is it still being worked on?.

Thanks,

Dave

12 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Well work was done, but clearly some people still see this.

Thank you Sir for the reply. I'll admit i didn't search the forums this time, only the release notes. But okay, I'll wait till a hotfix. It's all part of a sim. Growing pains. I have faith in you guys : )

Thanks.

Dave

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi Dave,

With the 1.0.5 update both of these cases at least should be solved. We keep monitoring however if there are more cases where the sim can freeze.

15 hours ago, Secondator said:

With the 1.0.5 update both of these cases at least should be solved.

Okay. good. I'll give it a Try.  Thank you.

Dave.

@Secondator

Just to follow up.. I did the same flight today without issue. The sim still pauses when you LSK over a WP and Paste over top another, Like when there is a disco with the same WP above and below the Disco. I copy the Bottom one and paste over top the top one to rid the Flight path of the disco. It works, but it does pause the sim for about 15-20 seconds or so where you can't click on anything. So much better than a complete freeze for sure.  But I would be weary of doing it while airborne. Might be a little risky still. Thanks for keeping this AC updated. : )

Dave.

Archived