[1.0.0.4] Severe FPS Drop whilst modifying Flight Plan in FMC

CaptCherrie

Flying in cruise using 1.0.0.4, entering the STAR and approach I dropped from 45fps to 5fps. At first I didn't realise it was triggered because of the FMC so I dropped my graphics settings to low, and went into window mode instead of full screen to no prevail. I then cancelled the route changes in the FMC and the frames instantly kicked back up to 45fps. Went to edit again and frames dropped instantly until finishing the route amendment and hitting EXEC.

This used to be an issue with the Asobo 747 where if editing your flight plan mid-flight or at the very end the simulator dropped to 5fps, even after executing or cancelling. The fix was to delete all previous waypoints for some reason it was taking up a lot of processing power to recalculate the flight plan. Reported it to Asobo and they fixed it with the 747.

I assume that this is the same issue with the CRJ.

I also experienced this frame reate drop while programming the FMC. It did not go away, so I rebooted my PC, restarted the sim and on the second attempt all went fine (same flight as before, so I have no clear idea what exactly triggered the frame rate loss…)

• Deputy Sheriffs
On 5/31/2021 at 1:08 PM, CaptCherrie said:

Flying in cruise using 1.0.0.4, entering the STAR and approach I dropped from 45fps to 5fps. At first I didn't realise it was triggered because of the FMC so I dropped my graphics settings to low, and went into window mode instead of full screen to no prevail. I then cancelled the route changes in the FMC and the frames instantly kicked back up to 45fps. Went to edit again and frames dropped instantly until finishing the route amendment and hitting EXEC.

This used to be an issue with the Asobo 747 where if editing your flight plan mid-flight or at the very end the simulator dropped to 5fps, even after executing or cancelling. The fix was to delete all previous waypoints for some reason it was taking up a lot of processing power to recalculate the flight plan. Reported it to Asobo and they fixed it with the 747.

I assume that this is the same issue with the CRJ.

Hi could you please give the full route, the STAR and the exact approach type you tried to insert for us to investigate this case further.

22 hours ago, Secondator said:

Hi could you please give the full route, the STAR and the exact approach type you tried to insert for us to investigate this case further.

Here is the Simbrief and this is what I flew and VATSIM controllers didn't change my flight plan as filed.

EDDFEDDB_PDF_01Jun21.pdf

Archived