EDDK V1.0.9.0. SODE Jetways not available, red cross visible

rzlpfrmpf

Hello all, 

I´m experiencing a problem with the SODE jetways in P3D V5 Aerosoft Cologne/Bonn Airport by @Jo Erlend

In particular, I have the SODE jetways installed, basically the way described in the SODE download manual coming with the files for the configurator. I´m on the latest EDDK version and therefore, I downloaded the latest SODE files for V1.0.9(.0). Put it into EDDK scenery folder-> Configuration Tool -> Library. 

Contained in the SODE package were two folders (SODEScenery which contains further two folders called STATIC_AC_1 and STATIC_AC_2, each containing a .bgl file; XML containing two folders with exactly the same name as before and each of them contains one xml file) and one .cfg file called EDDK_Config_SODE (however this one is empty). Before installing the new jetways, I did a complete unistall of the jetways via the option in the configurator and then put the new SODE files but removed any further file which was in the SODE folder before putting the new ones in. Then activated the SODE jetways via the configurator again. This is what gives me the red crosses at every jetway position now. 
Further information: In my 12bpilot -> SODE ->SimObjects folder I can´t find any EDDK folder, however in SODE -> xml I can find "aerosoft_EDDK_SODE_Jetways.xml"

Hope you can help me with that information given. 

All the best and heva a great day all. 

Daniel

EDIT: Version 1.1.0.0 of EDDK is installed according to Aerosoft updater, however, no matter where I look, I can only find SODE jetways for V.1.0.9.0. Aerosoft Shop still stated current EDDK version is V1.0.9.0. There must be some kind of pretty strange problem at some point. 

• Deputy Sheriffs
37 minutes ago, rzlpfrmpf said:

Further information: In my 12bpilot -> SODE ->SimObjects folder I can´t find any EDDK folder, however in SODE -> xml I can find "aerosoft_EDDK_SODE_Jetways.xml"

Doesn’t matter, as long as the simobjects are registered in the sim as simobjects wherever they are placed, SODE will find them.

2 hours ago, mopperle said:

Did you download the correct files from this site: https://sode.aerosoft.com

There are 2 downloads for P3D

Affirmative. Köln/Bonn professional P3DV4-5/P3DV5 (102,8 KB) This one should be the correct one. 

2 hours ago, masterhawk said:

Doesn’t matter, as long as the simobjects are registered in the sim as simobjects wherever they are placed, SODE will find them.

Where are these even saved? From other sceneries, which store SODE files in the 12bpilot folder, I know that there are folders named "model.XXX" 

I can´t find such folders anywhere in the download from the AS SODE Website. 

• Deputy Sheriffs
49 minutes ago, rzlpfrmpf said:

Where are these even saved? From other sceneries, which store SODE files in the 12bpilot folder, I know that there are folders named "model.XXX" 

I can´t find such folders anywhere in the download from the AS SODE Website. 

F:\Prepar3D Addons\Aerosoft\Cologne-Bonn Professional - P3Dv5\SimObjects\EDDK_Jetways

That's already registered via add-on.xml:

Please login to display this image.

Your SODE folder does look like this?

You activated SODE in the configurator?

The configurator does nothing else as placing the AFCAD matching with SODE and placing the SODE xml, depending on StaticAircraft on/off.
So if you see now red X, the simobjects are not registered.

SODE folder looks like this, yes, activated in the configuratos, yes. I also had that black window with some bunch of programming text or whatever that is running through when saving changes for SODE jetways. 

• Deputy Sheriffs

So please check if you have in: 

- C:\programdata\12bpilot\SODE\xml the required „aerosoft_eddk_sode_jetways.xml“ and

- in the add-on.xml the simobjects registered.

If yes, all should be running fine.

4 minutes ago, masterhawk said:

So please check if you have in: 

- C:\programdata\12bpilot\SODE\xml the required „aerosoft_eddk_sode_jetways.xml“ and

- in the add-on.xml the simobjects registered.

If yes, all should be running fine.

Correct xml is in SODE folder

add-on.xml is like starting with Scenery, then Texture, Scripts, Effects and then SimObjects. for path in SimObjects there is not written "SimObjects" just like shown in your picture. I changed the path to the corresponding path now, where the models are installed. (Cologne-Bonn Professional - P3Dv5 -> SimObjects -> EDDK_Jetways). Maybe this was the issue? I´m gonna check right away once I have landed. 

• Developer

Hi, try setting the path for simobjects to <Path>SimObjects</Path> as seen in Bob's post,
The reason why you see the red X's is that SODE isn't able to locate those simobject files, so an issue with the path is the likely culprit for this.

30 minutes ago, Jo Erlend said:

Hi, try setting the path for simobjects to <Path>SimObjects</Path> as seen in Bob's post,
The reason why you see the red X's is that SODE isn't able to locate those simobject files, so an issue with the path is the likely culprit for this.

Tried it out with the full path, no success, tried it out with only SImObjects like in Bob´s picture, still no success... unfortunately. 

• Deputy Sheriffs

The add-on.xml location is registered  in the add-on.cfg?

You haven’t registered the scenery via scenery.cfg? That would leed to missing effects, scripts, some textures and simobjects.

In short:

add-on.cfg, correct

scenery.cfg, no go

1 hour ago, masterhawk said:

The add-on.xml location is registered  in the add-on.cfg?

You haven’t registered the scenery via scenery.cfg? That would leed to missing effects, scripts, some textures and simobjects.

In short:

add-on.cfg, correct

scenery.cfg, no go

There is no entry for the airport in the addon.cfg. I did NOT add the Airport by using scenery.cfg because I know about the add-on.xml method. 

2 hours ago, mopperle said:

What is the exact path oy your scenery installation?

This one is on my D drive, simulator is also installed there but the scenery itself is outside of the simulator folder. Looking like that: D:\P3D5 Addons\Cologne-Bonn Professional - P3Dv5

• Deputy Sheriffs
4 minutes ago, rzlpfrmpf said:

There is no entry for the airport in the addon.cfg. I did NOT add the Airport by using scenery.cfg because I know about the add-on.xml method. 

Then it is in the other add-on.cfg (there are two), because you can see the addon.

5 minutes ago, rzlpfrmpf said:

D:\P3D5 Addons\Cologne-Bonn Professional - P3Dv5

So your simobjects are in:

D:\P3D5 Addons\Cologne-Bonn Professional - P3Dv5\SimObjects\EDDK_Jetways

And the add-on.xml is placed in:

D:\P3D5 Addons\Cologne-Bonn Professional - P3Dv5

Then the correct path is just:

<Path>SimObjects</Path>

If it still doesn’t work, I suggest reinstall.

Did that reinstall and well... I think, I´m going to cry now...

Obviously this was a full reinstall, looked for every Cologne folder to be removed, switched off any protection software, ran the setup as an administrator...

9 minutes ago, mopperle said:

Orbx stuff installed?

Affirmative, ORBX Global is installed. Configurator telling me "If you have 'ORBX FTX Germany South' installed select one of the 'FTX' options."

This one is not installed (I don´t even own it so my setting is at Default/High. I can of course check what the situation looks like with FTX option switched on. Will report back in a second. However, apart from that, no matter that we are on the AS forums here, could we refrain from calling others´ products "stuff" please?

EDIT: FTX option does NOT change the situation, gonna check verify files button in ORBX Central now. 

• Deputy Sheriffs

Have you set the library insertion point in OC so that all of Orbx is below the lowest 3rd party add-on

This was certainly not the issue. Reinstalled the scenery again, did nothing else after that and now I got it to work. SODE Jetways work and the airport itself works as well. 

Thanks for taking time, 

Kind regards,

Daniel

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived