Steering Modelisation

Hello, 

I would like to know if it's planed to have a better steering modelisation like in Xplane (the plane just turn as the wheel is showing and don't glide forward if you go too fast).

Is it possible within MSFS to do so or not?

Or even the possibility of adding a tiller through the Tablet. There is a lack of steering with the tiller in MSFS.

@Mathijs Kok When you taxi the CRJ too fast (over 10kts i've found) and make a turn, the nose wheel shows that the aircraft should be turning sharply, but the aircraft is only turning slightly, so the nose wheel is just skidding across the ground and balding the tires. 

5 hours ago, HornetAircraft said:

Or even the possibility of adding a tiller through the Tablet. There is a lack of steering with the tiller in MSFS.

@Mathijs Kok When you taxi the CRJ too fast (over 10kts i've found) and make a turn, the nose wheel shows that the aircraft should be turning sharply, but the aircraft is only turning slightly, so the nose wheel is just skidding across the ground and balding the tires. 

This happens with lots of airliners IRL. You can't go fast at full deflection of the nosewheel.

I've seen smoke from tires onto the runway multiple times because they took it a bit too fast. Unfortunately no sim seems to get the tire smoke and skid correct when this happens. This is more what it would look like when you take that sharp fast turn at full deflection:

Are you shure you have "Armed" the N/W STRG after pushback?

Is right from the EFB.

The MSFS version of the CRJ is much easier to control during taxiing than the P3D version.

Archived