Set Payload In Simulator Crashes CRJ

Dracollin

No matter what state the airplane is in, every time I change the default values in the EFB performance page for the passengers and cargo and click "Set Payload In Simulator" the screen goes black and the airplane crashes. If I leave the default values already entered for the passengers and the cargo and only change the fuel it's okay. I've tried setting the payload at the very beginning of loading the plane, after selecting cold and dark stage, after doing preflight and CDU setup. No matter what I do, once I change the default passenger and cargo values it crashes to a black screen when I click set payload in simulator and I have to escape back to the main menu of msfs. 

There was no error upon crash. When the plane is in cold and dark, It just goes straight to a black screen which eventually crashes MSFS to desktop if I do nothing. If I react quickly enough I can escape back to the MSFS home screen.

If I do the preflight checklist, fire up the systems and program the CDU then edit the performance page on the tablet and then click Set Payload In Simulator, the screen goes black and there's a lot of bells and whistles screaming in the background from the aircraft master warning systems until it either crashes to desktop or I escape back to the MSFS main menu. 

It was getting late and I couldn't investigate further unfortunately. I will be at work for the next 8 hours but when I get home I will re-create the crash and post the windows event log here for you. 

@Mathijs Kok I was able to re-create the crash event. Attached are the crash logs from Event viewer. If there's anything else you need. Let me know.

I found a work around but I have been able to re-create the crash. Loading into the plane cold and dark. CRJ-700 mind you, at KSAN - Parking 30. DEST set to KPHX. I start the tablet up. Go to Performance page, By default there are 52 PAX, 260 lbs of FWD Cargo, 815 lbs of AFT Cargo and 9862 lbs of fuel. If I click inside the passenger box where it says 52, go over and use the left arrow key on the right built-in keypad to delete 52 and put 0 and click enter, and then do the same exact thing for Fwd Cargo and Aft Cargo and Fuel and then click Set Payload in Simulator, it crashes.

IF I use the green incremental buttons to change the values of each field and click Set Payload in Simulator, everything is fine. It's only crashing when I edit the PAX, Cargo & Fuel using the built-in key pad on right right and ONLY when I try and set the PAX, FWD Cargo & AFT Cargo to Zero. I can use the keypad to enter any other values I want for the 3 fields but once I use the built-in keypad to enter 0 for PAX and both Cargo fields and click Set Payload in Simulator, it crashes. I hope this is making sense. 

I worried because this was my very first flight in the CRJ and I always do a first time flight in a new plane from KSAN-KPHX cause it's a nice short hop just to get familiar with the aircraft so I wanted to simulate the scenario with no passengers and no cargo so when I used the built-in key pad in the performance page to enter 0 values for PAX and Cargo and then tried setting the payload in the simulator it just kept crashing on me every time so I thought I was screwed. I guess in hind-sight I just found a rather rare bug. 

msfs 2020 CTD_1033.MTA msfs 2020 CTD1_1033.MTA msfs 2020 CTD1.evtx msfs 2020 CTD.evtx

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi Dracollin,

I just checked this and indeed there seems to be an issue if Passengers value is set to 0. I have added this on out issue tracker tracker. Thanks for reporting!

@Dracollin if you want to simulate an empty aircraft when loading it, please try out these steps:

On MSFS plight planning page go to Weight and Balance and pull the Payload slider to the left (at 0%) and if you wish do the same for the Fuel (maybe to 10% because the ACFT is never completely empty).

Load up the sim and voila, you will have 0, 0, 0 and a small amount of Fuel in the EFB.

All other changes in Weight and Fuel should be done through the EFB and send to the simulator.

It didn’t crashed for me yet . But I observed a wired behavior when when you pres set payload to sim and click twice like, there are multiple trim values with same data definitely bugged system 

Archived