Hi all,

So i am in flight just now trying to get to cruise FL330 in the 700

I have autopilot on NAV and Speed mode.  I have set the PERF Cruise page to mach 0.74 however i have had it climbing at mach .55 and it has stopped just above FL320 the speed will not increase any more so i cant get it to climb to FL330 nor go faster to the cruise mach speed ??

Also it is pitching really high pitch in level flight

Please login to display this image.

7 minutes ago, A320Flyer said:

Hi all,

I have autopilot on NAV and Speed mode.  I have set the PERF Cruise page to mach 0.74 however i have had it climbing at mach .55 and it has stopped just above FL320 the speed will not increase any more so i cant get it to climb to FL330 nor go faster to the cruise mach speed ??

You simply appear to be behind the power curve.   At that altitude, you should be climbing at M.74.  The standard climb schedule is 250 to FL100, then speed it up to 290kts.  Then, by default FMS VNAV CLB settings (assuming you haven’t changed them), it should automatically switch over to M.74 when it is the same as 290kts. 

This is all covered in the tutorial videos by TheDude.

1 minute ago, ual763 said:

You simply appear to be behind the power curve.   At that altitude, you should be climbing at M.74.  The standard climb schedule is 250 to FL100, then speed it up to 290kts.  Then, by default FMS VNAV CLB settings (assuming you haven’t changed them), it should automatically switch over to M.74 when it is the same as 290kts. 

Thanks i am going to restart the flight as it stalled so my VA will automatically decline the flight lol

Need to climb at a higher speed. Set your speed bug to 290 until you reach .74. You are currently behind the power curve (in the region of reverse command, whatever you want to call it) and the amount of induced drag being produced will make climbing impossible. At speeds that low an increase in speed will actually result in a decrease in total drag and give you a better climb.

If you find yourself in this situation again, press the ALT button to engage altitude hold. This will level the airplane, and bring the nose down. Once level, the airplane should start accelerating. Rotate your speed selector knob to position the speed bug somewhere between 260 to 290 knots. Once the speed builds up to match the speed bug, you can press the SPD button and the aircraft should resume climb up to your selected cruise altitude, holding your selected speed.

thank you for all your help guys this is a great community here for a great aircraft.  Managed to do the flight once i restared used the advise here and worked like a dream thank you ever so much

Does anyone know where i can find the manual for the aircraft i have had a look in folders but cant seem to find it anywhere.  I am on the steam version of msfs if that helps,

thank you once again

vor 9 Stunden , A320Flyer sagte:

Hi all,

Judging by the screenshot you forgot to set the speed with the rotating knob. The FD shows FMS1 and below CLB169....so you simply forgot to select the speed. The FMC will not dial it for you.

vor 6 Stunden , A320Flyer sagte:

Does anyone know where i can find the manual for the aircraft i have had a look in folders but cant seem to find it anywhere.  I am on the steam version of msfs if that helps,

thank you once again

Look here

Archived