Home Cockpit - Altitude Selector Knob Binding

8 hours ago, Cygnific said:

LVAR:ASCRJ_FCP_ALT_SEL" Value="10" ValueOperation="Increment" />
LVAR:ASCRJ_FCP_ALT_CHANGE" Value="1" ValueOperation="Set">

LVAR's for knob turn and alt modifier.

Hello and thanks for that info. Can you provide a little description of how to enter those in FSUIPC? Or, maybe you could point me towards a tutorial or resource for that?

Thanks,

@HighFlyer51 @Andy B.

What is the best/easiest solution for getting keyboard commands to control the Altitude Select increase and decrease? This is a major problem for me right now. I don't have any knowledge of those software options so please if you can provide as much detail on the steps involved that would be awesome. Thanks!

• Upvote 1

I cannot tell what the best solution is. This depends a lot on your personal preferences and also your hardware. I have tested spad.next and AxisAndOhs, both work with the CRJ and MSFS LVARs. I currently prefer AAO because it works nicely with my Behringer X-Touch Mini, whereas I have some issues with spad.next with it (although I prefer the UI and ease of use of spad.next). FSUIPC7 can also work via the Mobiflight bridge (see here Using FSUIPC7 with Mobiflight WASM module - FSUIPC7 MSFS - The simFlight Network Forums), but I have not tried this yet.

Thanks @HighFlyer51 for the info. 

My hardware is just a keyboard. I'm just wanting to map two keyboard keys for Altitude Select increase and decrease. This is what I use for all other aircraft but as Aerosoft have said, those key bindings don't work for the CRJ.

Are any of those software options able to map a keyboard key to the Altitude Select increase and decrease? If more than one of them does, can you give your opinion as to which is the easiest to setup? I am not familiar with any of them currently.

And I would assume the command needs to be mapped to the CRJ specifically and not to the MFS default Alt Sel command/variable as we know that doesn't work with the CRJ.

Thanks.

• Upvote 1

I just tried the demo version of Axis and Oh's. After reading the LVARs from the sim, I created a new button assignment but I can't select any of the Local Variables - ASCRJ_FCP_ALT etc for the Simulator Event.

I tried the AP_ALT_VAR_DEC / INC but we know that doesn't work with the CRJ.

Do I need to use the scripting function? If so, please can I get exact instructions as I'm not knowledgeable about scripting.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.