Manual flight and pitch inertia

• Developer
9 hours ago, Danny875 said:

Thanks for looking into the pitch issues.

I haven’t had time to properly evaluate what’s going on with my setup but after landing at the correct speed as per the EFB the nose will not come down until 60 KTS!

That is spoilers deployed and then reversers spooled up.

I had a couple of take offs where it would come off the ground all on it’s own and a lot of nose down trip is required but also two takeoffs where I needed to pull a bit at VR and then relex a bit then I would need full aft on the stick just to stop it settling back down.

Both are with the default MS load and only using the EFB to set weight and FMS speeds.

My guess would be that the weight is off because the EFB isn’t setting the correct values even though the V speeds are correct and so is the required trim (about 5.8 in both cases as per EFB at about 1000KG under max take off weight).

I can only recommend to check the weights in the EFB are the same as in the weight UI and the CoG should be very close +/-1%.

Sometimes the synchronization is not working and a 2nd or 3 rd attempt may help.

As for landing technique, the CRJ is not an Airbus or a Boeing and the fact that the engines are high up and in the rear changes the landing characteristics significantly.

As CRJ pilots told me: If you believe that the landing is done when the main wheels hit the ground you are badly mistaken! And if you activate the reverser if your nose wheel is still in the air you get in trouble.

• Thanks 1

• 1 year later...
Am 17.3.2021 um 16:46 schrieb metzgergva:

I agree with you that these fast movements back to the previous attitude or heading are an effect of the flight model. But I know there is work going on to soften them.

Sorry, for bringing up this old topic again. Is this still being worked on? Maybe not the best comparison, but the SWS Kodiak has similar pitch sensitivity issues and they recently found a solution to tweak it. Of course everyone uses different hardware, but can you please share us the recommended axis settings for users with a yoke?
Thanks a lot.