Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant "Throttle" modification

• Deputy Sheriffs

The TCA thrustlever is a really nice piece of kit but one thing has troubled me from the beginning. The "Range/throw" from idle to the CLB detent is just too short. For me this was the ultimate reason not to use it as a throttle.... Until today; I have just received this mod and now the thrustlever finally lives up to its expectation! 

Please login to display this image.

As you can see the left thrustlever has the mod and is now in its new CLB detent position with the right thrustlever still in its old/default detent.

Please login to display this image.

This little change makes a big difference in the available range for manual thrust. I would have liked it even a bit larger still (no Brandon not like that) but now I can finally use it like I wanted to!

Check out this website if you are also interested in the mod. You need two mods btw; for every thrustlever one.

https://www.shapeways.com/product/ZRUW892G8/realistic-detents-for-thrustmaster-tca-quadrant?optionId=201217014&li=marketplace

• Deputy Sheriffs

This are the required values for the Aerosoft Airbus Pro series in combination with this mod:

[THROTTLE]
useCustomThrottleParameter=1
Eng1_TOGA_MIN=15000
Eng1_FLXMCT_MIN=12000
Eng1_CL_MIN=3000
Eng1_IDLE_MAX=-7000
Eng1_IDLE_MIN=-11000
Eng1_IDLEREV_MIN=-14000
Eng1_FULLREV_MAX=-16000
Eng2_TOGA_MIN=15000
Eng2_FLXMCT_MIN=12000
Eng2_CL_MIN=3000
Eng2_IDLE_MAX=-7000
Eng2_IDLE_MIN=-11000
Eng2_IDLEREV_MIN=-14000
Eng2_FULLREV_MAX=-16000

I just ordered mine today. Really looking forward to this.

Is it a straightforward installation, and are instructions provided? Just from looking at picture and the quadrant, I can't quite gauge how to install it.

Thanks,

Jordan

On 3/11/2021 at 2:59 PM, swa-midway said:

I just ordered mine today. Really looking forward to this.

Is it a straightforward installation, and are instructions provided? Just from looking at picture and the quadrant, I can't quite gauge how to install it.

Thanks,

Jordan

It should be pretty simple. Remove the two screws holding the current piece and replace it with the new one.

Archived