Aerosoft Aircraft - A330 Preview

Message added by Tom,

Aerosoft A330 Preview

Please read the FAQ prior to posting.

Have a livery request? Check out the Livery Request thread here.

I think you guys need to explain what feature set is, because it sounds like it's going to be some sort of basic aircraft on lunch missing a lot of features that should be ironically basics.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, John2 said:

Rather interesting that they have not yet decided on the product “feature set”. One would expect that this would be done very early in the development process. But this has always been a problem for Aerosoft and is one of the reasons that they are unable to complete projects within a timeframe. It’s hard to predict when you will finish if you don’t know what you are building.

I agree.. what I also found strange was the way in which they announced their next project (NEO) without know what this product is going to end like? On top of that, i would have thought it would be easier to produce something like an A340-300 or even an A330-200 from what they already have, rather than going back to the drawing board to create the NEO? 

nothing makes sense with it, and I think that is partly due to the lack of sufficient/in depth detail from Aerosoft. It’s a very sad day to be honest. Myself, along with many many hundred of others were so so so pumped for this, and I actually think they’ve made it worse by creating this special A330 site. 

• Upvote 7

I really thought we would be somewhat close to a release, but this is just disappointing. PMDG released their whole 737 lineup, which is FULLY SIMULATED AND HAS A CABIN btw, and their 777 will not take much longer than your a330 which won’t even be completely simulated. At this point, I hope a proper aircraft like the fbw 380 or pmdg 777 will release before this a330 so I don’t have to buy a product which is not even able to fly “some maneuvers” automated.

• Upvote 12

Good morning,

I've been here for about a year, first as a simple visitor and then I decided to create an account and since then, nothing seems to be progressing concretely. Although the product itself is progressing, the communication around the product is really badly done. Some time ago, you tease the address of the A330 site that we had to wait 1 or even 2 weeks to finally have information that we already know. What was the purpose of the maneuver? Win time?

We still have no information on the price (even if a fork was made some time ago)let alone a release date and it must also be understood that the players who are waiting need answers.

It becomes tiresome to sell the dream to end up having no ample information.

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, alen6 said:

I really thought we would be somewhat close to a release, but this is just disappointing. PMDG released their whole 737 lineup, which is FULLY SIMULATED AND HAS A CABIN btw, and their 777 will not take much longer than your a330 which won’t even be completely simulated. At this point, I hope a proper aircraft like the fbw 330 or pmdg 777 will release before this a330 so I don’t have to buy a product which is not even able to fly “some maneuvers” automated.

I think I can answer that…. I just won’t buy this A330 until I’ve seen enough about it on YouTube once released. 

please, correct me if I’m wrong, but isn’t this A330 in Beta? Don’t we normally see some videos and previews etc from those selected for Beta testing? I may have been completely blind, but I don’t feel like I’ve seen anything except on this forum. That alone to me is suspicious. 

Anyone else get the feeling Aerosoft have over promised and are quietly trying to back track/drag it out? 

• Upvote 9

very disappointing the new website. So much hype to just give that information? and some captures made in replay mode? I'm sorry, but I'm going to stop following the progress of this plane.

Good luck with the development but with me it no longer counts as a potential client.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Jordan87 said:

please, correct me if I’m wrong, but isn’t this A330 in Beta?

Well, I think that it may have been called that at some point but looking at the systems issues identified on the website, it is not yet ready for a beta test. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 4

7 minutes ago, Jordan87 said:

I agree.. what I also found strange was the way in which they announced their next project (NEO) without know what this product is going to end like? On top of that, i would have thought it would be easier to produce something like an A340-300 or even an A330-200 from what they already have, rather than going back to the drawing board to create the NEO? 

nothing makes sense with it, and I think that is partly due to the lack of sufficient/in depth detail from Aerosoft. It’s a very sad day to be honest. Myself, along with many many hundred of others were so so so pumped for this, and I actually think they’ve made it worse by creating this special A330 site. 

Couldn't have said it better. They see the need of all the people and they literally choose the opposite of what's sensical. Instead of completing the variants and add more engine options, they rather go ahead and do stuff like announcing a neo before they focus on making the ceo a complete and reliable plane. Very poor decisions after the other in the last 3-4 months or so.

• Upvote 5

vor 4 Minuten schrieb Jordan87:

I think I can answer that…. I just won’t buy this A330 until I’ve seen enough about it on YouTube once released. 

please, correct me if I’m wrong, but isn’t this A330 in Beta? Don’t we normally see some videos and previews etc from those selected for Beta testing? I may have been completely blind, but I don’t feel like I’ve seen anything except on this forum. That alone to me is suspicious. 

Anyone else get the feeling Aerosoft have over promised and are quietly trying to back track/drag it out? 

Yes it’s in beta testing but these selected people are only allowed to send screenshots from specific things. I think in the last few weeks not a single screenshot from a tester was shared.

• Upvote 4

13 minutes ago, alen6 said:

I really thought we would be somewhat close to a release, but this is just disappointing. PMDG released their whole 737 lineup, which is FULLY SIMULATED AND HAS A CABIN btw, and their 777 will not take much longer than your a330 which won’t even be completely simulated. At this point, I hope a proper aircraft like the fbw 330 or pmdg 777 will release before this a330 so I don’t have to buy a product which is not even able to fly “some maneuvers” automated.

The pmdg 777 has already entered beta many months ago immediatly after completing the 737 family. It's crazy when you compare it to aerosoft which had the project started in 2021. And from the looks of it, the plane will be totally dry of features

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, Frap 99 said:

Couldn't have said it better. They see the need of all the people and they literally choose the opposite of what's sensical. Instead of completing the variants and add more engine options, they rather go ahead and do stuff like announcing a neo before they focus on making the ceo a complete and reliable plane. Very poor decisions after the other in the last 3-4 months or so.

I agree. I know it’s more than this, but you’re essentially just adding another engine to an a340 model.. (I know there’s more to it than that, but I’m saying that at least the framework is there). On top of that… there’s already a headwind NEO which many people are happy with, so you’re not gonna get as much back as if you were to do an aircraft that isn’t anywhere on the market yet (A340, or even a good A321) or something that although is built from scratch, at least it’s going to be unique by its payware standards. 

I hope that makes sense, or at least you get what I’m trying to say 🤣🫣

• Upvote 1

I will not represent either side, but I want to say about myself that I liked the site of the A330 project.
In my opinion, there is enough information, both in textual form and visually. I do not remember that any of the projects was so actively discussed and users were so demanding on the developers and the company, which had already invested a lot of effort into the project.

Let's let the developers work in a relaxed atmosphere :)

This is purely my opinion!

• Like 4
  • Upvote 9

20 minutes ago, alen6 said:

Yes it’s in beta testing but these selected people are only allowed to send screenshots from specific things. I think in the last few weeks not a single screenshot from a tester was shared.

Well there we go then… says it all really. I think Aerosoft have led the community on to thinking it’s nearer completion than it actually is. Either that, or the Beta testers have come back to Aerosoft with “you’ll get annihilated if you put this out… you simply can’t!” And they’ve had to wipe the slate clean with a few things.

all this points to the special A330 site as being a time wasting exercise or a very elaborate distraction 

Yo aerosoft why are you fearung your customers away, with baits like that. Tom u said the website will give us new infos. But it says nothing new its just this whole topics information combined. 

why u guys cant just say the truth?? That u have massive problems with ur developers ur ex-admin and the framework. whats that hard in just apologizing to the people that the time of release window is not reachable and say the becauses, why is it not reachable where are the problems. Which points u cant figure out.

and dont say we are doing great all issues going green.

• Upvote 4

Aerosoft is a joke, how many times are they going to lie, they said we were getting new information but this joke of a website just sums of the a330 forum page, wth aerosoft??

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 5

Look at bluebird simulatons. They created a website for their 757 and 767 even though the 757 is far from release. They didn’t make any unnecessary announcement stating that there will be new information. And how did it turn out? The community is really appreciating their work and the website. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

29 minutes ago, Pavel1971 said:

I will not represent either side, but I want to say about myself that I liked the site of the A330 project.
In my opinion, there is enough information, both in textual form and visually. I do not remember that any of the projects was so actively discussed and users were so demanding on the developers and the company, which had already invested a lot of effort into the project.

Let's let the developers work in a relaxed atmosphere :)

This is purely my opinion!

Don't even start it... It was the same for the a330 neo, everybody was extremely mad because it made no sense but there is always the "pacifist" naive guy that can't see through the scheme of a company. Just like the a330 neo, they played their card well and used you people (the ones defending them blindly) to justify themselves in saying that the project has already been decided while the ceo is in poor state as we can see. It started in 2021 and was suppose to release in 2022... So stop defending them or they will once more use you guys as shields and once more shove this whole mess underground like nothing ever happened.

• Upvote 10

Just now, Frap 99 said:

Don't even start it... It was the same for the a330 neo, everybody was extremely mad because it made no sense but there is always the "pacifist" naive guy that can't see through the scheme of a company. Just like the a330 neo, they played their card well and used you people (the ones defending them blindly) to justify themselves in saying that the project has already been decided while the ceo is in poor state as we can see. It started in 2021 and was suppose to release in 2022... So stop defending them or they will once more use you guys as shields and once more shove this whole mess underground like nothing ever happened.

i dont get how people are so blind, like does he really think this is enough information, or the fact that many screenshots were showed on forums previously and no new information was shared?