Aerosoft Aircraft - A330 Preview

Message added by Tom,

Aerosoft A330 Preview

Please read the FAQ prior to posting.

Have a livery request? Check out the Livery Request thread here.

vor 6 Stunden schrieb CptSool:

The spoilt consumer anger and self entitlement of some users on here is beyond baffling. For the love of whoever's upstairs, you all need to calm down. 

We're talking about some pixels and lines of code built by a private business to cater for your hobby. Nothing more. Have you lost all sense of priorities?? 

Some of you seem to have lost what elementary respect towards others is. This thread used to be a gold mine of great information and conversations, now it seems it's only a bunch of whiny immature people showing off their skills. It's pretty sad. 

AS folks, I do not know how you cope with this deluge of intellectual misery. Hold tight, for your own mental sake. 

We are also talking about the favorite hobby of many simmers where they spend their valuable free time. I think it’s comparable with waiting for a new car that get‘s delayed for many here. So I can understand some frustration. For myself I can say that I‘m also eagerly waiting for various aircraft’s in development and sometimes I‘m also a little bit frustrated and think about stop flying until the biggest wishes gets released. I just don‘t post it every day in the forums and ask for release dates etc. 

So besides that the negativity and disrespectful posts needs to stop, I understand why it happens. Perhaps it was not the best to show so many screenshots that early, it created too much hype too early and many (including myself) thought a release at the end of June could be realistic. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Hendrik96 said:

We are also talking about the favorite hobby of many simmers where they spend their valuable free time. I think it’s comparable with waiting for a new car that get‘s delayed for many here. So I can understand some frustration. For myself I can say that I‘m also eagerly waiting for various aircraft’s in development and sometimes I‘m also a little bit frustrated and think about stop flying until the biggest wishes gets released. I just don‘t post it every day in the forums and ask for release dates etc. 

So besides that the negativity and disrespectful posts needs to stop, I understand why it happens. Perhaps it was not the best to show so many screenshots that early, it created too much hype too early and many (including myself) thought a release at the end of June could be realistic. 

• It is, nonetheless, a hobby. Your free time, as it's free, you decide, knowingly and willingly, what you do with it. Have you knowingly and willingly decided to use it to complain? 
  • It has nothing to do with a car. A car is a real life object, coming at a substantially higher price than the product we're talking about on here. 
  • Your frustration, nor anyone's really, has, is and will never be a justification for any kind of abuse, bar any childish, bratty comment. If the AVGeek community is so mature and adult, now would be a pretty excellent time to prove it. If I want to read or hear whiny animals bragging about X or Y on the back of "my feelings are hurt" I open any sort of social media, or go play any video games available out there. 
  • And one last for the road: you know what all this moaning show? A nebulous community of armchair developers. And using the term developers is bordering on insulting real developers. Last time I checked, Aerosoft did not open their sprints and workflow (excuse the professional bias here, I'm drowning under Jira tickets on a daily basis) but I'm pretty certain there's some kind of Agile workflow in place. Point being we do not know how work is going, the hurdles they're facing, the unexpected challenges - Surprise! It always happens - they encountered and the time they need(ed) to rise up to these. Therefore, the best we can do, is show patience, support if we want to give them some, but certainly not complaints or abuse, once again for a product made of pixels and code lines that is not between final customers' hands yet.

I'll stop here before I start digressing on why our modern days and rife capitalism is turning all of us into monsters. Have a great weekend everyone. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 6

I’ll just write this here to dilute all the winers.

This is crazy.

It’s like watching lord of the flies god damnit. People turning in to animals for what? An FS add on?

We have a bloody date now where meaningfull info will drop. Use the search function for questions and hold your breath until July 21st.

The end.

• Thanks 3
  • Upvote 8

aerosoft I understand that the development of such an aircraft is not easy, but let's talk about the fact that the delivery has already been delayed by at least 6 months. The time would not have come to answer basic questions such as the price at least. In my opinion it is all this "silence" that creates discontent.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 8

On 7/8/2023 at 12:19 PM, Jeff McCord Soule said:

According to the blogs, nowhere near close until at least end of summer. Sigh.

That isn't to bad to be real with you. I was kinda hoping like this month, but that still isn't terrible. Aircraft isn't easy to make lol 

vor 6 Stunden schrieb CptSool:

• It is, nonetheless, a hobby. Your free time, as it's free, you decide, knowingly and willingly, what you do with it. Have you knowingly and willingly decided to use it to complain? 
  • It has nothing to do with a car. A car is a real life object, coming at a substantially higher price than the product we're talking about on here. 
  • Your frustration, nor anyone's really, has, is and will never be a justification for any kind of abuse, bar any childish, bratty comment. If the AVGeek community is so mature and adult, now would be a pretty excellent time to prove it. If I want to read or hear whiny animals bragging about X or Y on the back of "my feelings are hurt" I open any sort of social media, or go play any video games available out there. 
  • And one last for the road: you know what all this moaning show? A nebulous community of armchair developers. And using the term developers is bordering on insulting real developers. Last time I checked, Aerosoft did not open their sprints and workflow (excuse the professional bias here, I'm drowning under Jira tickets on a daily basis) but I'm pretty certain there's some kind of Agile workflow in place. Point being we do not know how work is going, the hurdles they're facing, the unexpected challenges - Surprise! It always happens - they encountered and the time they need(ed) to rise up to these. Therefore, the best we can do, is show patience, support if we want to give them some, but certainly not complaints or abuse, once again for a product made of pixels and code lines that is not between final customers' hands yet.

I'll stop here before I start digressing on why our modern days and rife capitalism is turning all of us into monsters. Have a great weekend everyone. 

I just wanted to analyse why things are going crazy and tried to look behind where some frustration comes from. Of course it‘s not an excuse but people just aren‘t perfect.

I think you slightly misunderstood my post.

Will the A330 at least have a modelled entrance area that I can open the cockpit door for? Having the door open in pre-flight is apart of normal operations from a pilot’s perspective

It gives a smile about how the simming community has grown. From a niche of “wanting to learn” flyers (or real pilots) to when MSFS came to be. With MSFS it became another “x-box game” for many, (personally it’s a great and realistic simulator) where a lot of newcomers were very young people with little to no understanding of how a “serious” plane is built with lines of code and 3D modeling.

I have been in Flight Simulator since Microsoft’s Flight Simulator 4 and I am one to have seen the change of “weather” in the forums.

Now, it is true that the new addition of people in the community can give a great boost of income to flight simulation software companies. But I guess the forum moderators will have a lot more to moderate now than before. And we “oldies” will have to bear with some of that “weather” change.

But then again, life has much more to offer than just forums and Flight Simulation.

Aerosoft, all the best to this new team and all the best for a very good launch of the A330 whenever it will be.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Vee1 said:

It gives a smile about how the simming community has grown. From a niche of “wanting to learn” flyers (or real pilots) to when MSFS came to be. With MSFS it became another “x-box game” for many, (personally it’s a great and realistic simulator) where a lot of newcomers were very young people with little to no understanding of how a “serious” plane is built with lines of code and 3D modeling.

I have been in Flight Simulator since Microsoft’s Flight Simulator 4 and I am one to have seen the change of “weather” in the forums.

Now, it is true that the new addition of people in the community can give a great boost of income to flight simulation software companies. But I guess the forum moderators will have a lot more to moderate now than before. And we “oldies” will have to bear with some of that “weather” change.

But then again, life has much more to offer than just forums and Flight Simulation.

Aerosoft, all the best to this new team and all the best for a very good launch of the A330 whenever it will be.

I was in this community since FSX in 2010. I’m noticing the change too, MSFS has seen a massive amount of new people who stem from the gaming community rather than the simulator community since MSFS was the next best thing in the gaming world

I feel happy knowing I was in flight simulator before it became popular

• Upvote 2

MSFS has turned the flightsim world head over heals.  Wether that is for good or bad I think it’s up to the individual.  It has been renaissance for GA flyers, they get a plane every week, a new scenery every day.  For some reason building scenery’s for this simulator is like making toast for developers.

Whike on the other hand making airliners has been an enigma for developers.  I will not comment on the difficulty, but clearly there is an issue as a whole for the airliner developers when it comes to their planes and MSFS.  I get the visual change has taken time to develop but it seems like the common culprit is the flight model and VNAV.  At this point in time, it seems like it is less on the developers and more on MSFS.  Developers can crank out gorgeous planes all day, but based on what the likes of PMDG alluded to in their forums and Aerosoft saying they are having difficulties with the vnav.  I am beginning to wonder if currently MSFS is just a hot mess under the gorgeous looks.

MSFS for myself personally is turning more into a scenery simulator than anything else.  If I want to fly low to the ground I’ll fly MSFS.  If I want to fly an airliner I jump into XPLANE 12 with my auto ortho.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Bojangles said:

MSFS has turned the flightsim world head over heals.  Wether that is for good or bad I think it’s up to the individual.  It has been renaissance for GA flyers, they get a plane every week, a new scenery every day.  For some reason building scenery’s for this simulator is like making toast for developers.

Whike on the other hand making airliners has been an enigma for developers.  I will not comment on the difficulty, but clearly there is an issue as a whole for the airliner developers when it comes to their planes and MSFS.  I get the visual change has taken time to develop but it seems like the common culprit is the flight model and VNAV.  At this point in time, it seems like it is less on the developers and more on MSFS.  Developers can crank out gorgeous planes all day, but based on what the likes of PMDG alluded to in their forums and Aerosoft saying they are having difficulties with the vnav.  I am beginning to wonder if currently MSFS is just a hot mess under the gorgeous looks.

MSFS for myself personally is turning more into a scenery simulator than anything else.  If I want to fly low to the ground I’ll fly MSFS.  If I want to fly an airliner I jump into XPLANE 12 with my auto ortho.

I want to be put into an induced coma for 3-5 years so I can wake up to new airliners. This period is so awkward for airliner people. Nothing but Fenix and PMDG so far 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

20 minutes ago, SimPilotMika said:

I want to be put into an induced coma for 3-5 years so I can wake up to new airliners. This period is so awkward for airliner people. Nothing but Fenix and PMDG so far 

Haha fantastic way to put it.  But agreed, that’s why I went back to xplane 12 for a bit.  I have flown the 737 and a320 so much it is painful. I like the bae-146 but for some reason, personally I think it is better to fly in x-plane.  The Fokker is intriguing but again we have so many vor to vor planes in MSFS where it makes the flyer calculate everything.  Don’t get me wrong, I absolutely adore that flying it is so rewarding.  But sometimes on a Saturday night with a beer I just want to fly that scrumptious RNAV arrivals that takes you into those hard to reach places.  

there are brilliant people working on these planes and I know they know how vNAv should work.  It is now just seeming like it’s not their fault and it’s more MSFS for just being a total pain under the hood.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Bojangles said:

Haha fantastic way to put it.  But agreed, that’s why I went back to xplane 12 for a bit.  I have flown the 737 and a320 so much it is painful. I like the bae-146 but for some reason, personally I think it is better to fly in x-plane.  The Fokker is intriguing but again we have so many vor to vor planes in MSFS where it makes the flyer calculate everything.  Don’t get me wrong, I absolutely adore that flying it is so rewarding.  But sometimes on a Saturday night with a beer I just want to fly that scrumptious RNAV arrivals that takes you into those hard to reach places.  

there are brilliant people working on these planes and I know they know how vNAv should work.  It is now just seeming like it’s not their fault and it’s more MSFS for just being a total pain under the hood.

I can’t fly in XP anymore because of the bad Australian scenery (including ortho), and the lack of utility addons like GSX etc.

Right now I’m waiting for the A330 (since it’s the only reasonable Qantas Airbus) and then when the A350 releases I’ll fly that. I don’t believe I need anything else but that 

• Like 3

On 7/15/2023 at 12:02 AM, SimPilotMika said:

Be careful of what you wish lol

• Upvote 6

On 7/15/2023 at 6:02 AM, SimPilotMika said:

There's so much wrong with this single line that it isn't even funny.  There's only Fenix and PMDG if you're completely oblivious to the vast majority of the payware market and the entire freeware space. 

On 7/15/2023 at 2:27 AM, Leonardo Meschini said:

aerosoft I understand that the development of such an aircraft is not easy, but let's talk about the fact that the delivery has already been delayed by at least 6 months. The time would not have come to answer basic questions such as the price at least. In my opinion it is all this "silence" that creates discontent.

Who gave you the release date to say it is delayed by x months?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Abriael said:

There's so much wrong with this single line that it isn't even funny.  There's only Fenix and PMDG if you're completely oblivious to the vast majority of the payware market and the entire freeware space. 

aerosoft crj is meh, bae 146 and fokker f28 are classics so many people wont enjoy them, the md80 is a pretty old and tough aircraft that I personally enjoy but I know others might not like it, there also the a310 which is pretty old, truth is people want the new stuff and we only have 3 of them if you include the crj, were starved of modern airliners

• Like 2
  • Upvote 9

13 hours ago, Abriael said:

No she's saying she wants another high fidelity or study level airliner that is NOT quite small and is pretty much only used for short hauls like the BAe146 for example, and e.g they tend to be old fashioned when it comes to navigation which is probably not what she wants. PMDG 737 and the Fenix A320 are pretty much the only ones out there that suit her wants but she's been flying them so long she's gotten tired of them, so she wants another plane that is close to or on the same level as they are in terms of systems, flight model, you name it.

EDIT: He to She.

5 hours ago, Jetti200 said:

No he's saying he wants another high fidelity or study level airliner that is NOT quite small and is pretty much only used for short hauls like the BAe146 for example, and e.g they tend to be old fashioned when it comes to navigation which is probably not what he wants. PMDG 737 and the Fenix A320 are pretty much the only ones out there that suit his wants but he's been flying them so long he's gotten tired of them, so he wants another plane that is close to or on the same level as they are in terms of systems, flight model, you name it.

Exactly what I mean! I just want a 330 and 350

Some people can’t take a joke

Also, she/her :)

• Like 2

12 hours ago, SimPilotMika said:

Exactly what I mean! I just want a 330 and 350

Some people can’t take a joke

Also, she/her :)

There's a very good freeware 330neo available right now. 

17 hours ago, Jetti200 said:

No she's saying she wants another high fidelity or study level airliner that is NOT quite small and is pretty much only used for short hauls like the BAe146 for example, and e.g they tend to be old fashioned when it comes to navigation which is probably not what she wants. PMDG 737 and the Fenix A320 are pretty much the only ones out there that suit her wants but she's been flying them so long she's gotten tired of them, so she wants another plane that is close to or on the same level as they are in terms of systems, flight model, you name it.

EDIT: He to She.

Even if you confine the spectrum to that very narrow-angle, there's plenty more than the PMDG 737 and Fenix. Obviously, she wouldn't be here if Aerosoft's level of fidelity wasn't sufficient for her, and in that case, even the 787 and 747 with the new avionics from the AA2 are perfectly eligible. 

The truth is that for a completely new simulator platform that has been out less than 3 years, what we have in terms of all types of aircraft (including airliners) is absolutely luxurious and historically unprecedented.

I'm starting to suspect a lot of people 'round here weren't around when previous new platforms without backward compatibility were released, and aren't aware of the usual pace at which aircraft are developed in this kind of situation. 

• Upvote 2