Aerosoft Aircraft - A330 Preview

Message added by Tom,

Aerosoft A330 Preview

Please read the FAQ prior to posting.

Have a livery request? Check out the Livery Request thread here.

If this plane will be released or not, the main question for now should be "Is it worth to buy now?". Since the announcement of MSFS2024 it doesn't make sense in my opinion to spend a penny into the current sim anymore. Yes, Asobo stated that 99% of all add-ons will work in the new sim but be honest, which developer will give a free update into a completely new platform instead charging the customer for a product twice? Train Sim World or Train Simulator are the best examples for this. Literally every year a new game and all extra content has to be bought new.

• Upvote 1

• Deputy Sheriffs

So I can only advise you not to buy a single add-on or even a new simulator. Stick to what you have and love it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 8

• Deputy Sheriffs
10 minutes ago, Himbi said:

If this plane will be released or not, the main question for now should be "Is it worth to buy now?". Since the announcement of MSFS2024 it doesn't make sense in my opinion to spend a penny into the current sim anymore. Yes, Asobo stated that 99% of all add-ons will work in the new sim but be honest, which developer will give a free update into a completely new platform instead charging the customer for a product twice? Train Sim World or Train Simulator are the best examples for this. Literally every year a new game and all extra content has to be bought new.

FYI

Please login to display this image.

LINK

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4
  • Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, Luke Bettis said:

It does not matter and frankly, it should not matter whether we have the perfect engine type or whether or not we can see the wing flex. You're spending the entire flight in the cockpit anyway. Worry about flying the aircraft. That's where the immersion comes from. If you're too busy worrying about those things, you're missing the point of flight simulation.

Who exactly determines what the “point” of flight simulation is? If all that matters is the cockpit, then why bother modeling the exterior at all? Why put all the effort into making a good exterior model that Aerosoft has? If the “point” of flight simulation (apparently, according to you, everyone must sim exactly the same way) is to stay only in the cockpit and worry about flying, then why have we mostly only seen exterior shots? Not to mention, different engine variants as well as aircraft variants come with different systems in the cockpit as well as performance. It’s not necessarily a looks thing for everyone just like fought simming isn’t just sitting in the cockpit for everyone.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Luke Bettis said:

It does not matter and frankly, it should not matter whether we have the perfect engine type or whether or not we can see the wing flex. You're spending the entire flight in the cockpit anyway. Worry about flying the aircraft. That's where the immersion comes from. If you're too busy worrying about those things, you're missing the point of flight simulation.

By that logic, what’s the point of animating control surfaces or landing gear? What’s the point of adding external lights? What’s the point of modeling the exterior at all? A pilot still looks at the airplane, and being able to see more of the airplane through an external view and not being confined to the cockpit view all the time is one of the main points and advantages of flight simulation entirely

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Himbi said:

TSW and TS are separate games, but almost every content you bought for TS or TSW are usable now. For example, the Frankfurt High-speed rail which was published quite early, but you still can drive on it in Train Sim Classic without any other pay. And the Long Island Rail which was published for TSW2020 is still working fine on the newest TSW3 and it's go into your steam library automatically when you get the TSW3.

So the capability is not the thing which really matters. What really matters is that when my money can be taken by the A330

1 hour ago, Luke Bettis said:

There will be wing flex. And it does matter to many of us ;) 

3 hours ago, Svend Loggerhead said:

That’s not an answer, that’s him saying a month ago that there is not an answer yet but that there will be an answer at some point, so I’m wondering when the answer will come. Also, I only asked once recently, all the other posts on the last page and this post is either responding to you or other people telling me to be quiet

Patience, my guy

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Tom said:

Hello all,

We at Aerosoft are aware of our responsibility towards our customers and employees. The A330, our major project, was and is the focus of our activities. Therefore, we have seamlessly staffed the project with a new head and complementary team members.
On 21.07.2023 we will go live with a brand-new landing page for the project at A330.Aerosoft.com which will contain exciting information, media and development updates about the A330 project - You may be interested!

Of course, the forums will remain open.

Your Aerosoft Team

It's not may be we are interested we are certainly interested. looking forward to this day. 

• Like 2

Hi,

I am currently studying for my matriculation exam, and I have been studying my subjects pretty intensively for the past few months. I am planning to take a week off from studying at the same time when the A330 is released. Therefore, it would be nice to know if the A330 will be released before the summer holidays end (in Finland on August 11th). This way, I can plan my holidays accordingly to that release date. It's been quite frustrating so far because I would like to have some free time from studying towards the end of this month, but since there is no release date for that plane, it's really hard to plan anything. 

Regards, Rasmus

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

the fact that they create a webside for this Bird shows that it´s  a long way to go :(

They wouldn´t do that, if the release is close ahead :( In my view a clear sign... also that the beta testers do not show previews anymore :(

• Upvote 3

14 minutes ago, andre760li said:

the fact that they create a webside for this Bird shows that it´s  a long way to go :(

They wouldn´t do that, if the release is close ahead :( In my view a clear sign... also that the beta testers do not show previews anymore :(

I think the fact that they made a website shows that it is soon, they wouldn’t make a launch website specifically for it and then not do anything on it for 2 months. Also, the fact that the development is far enough that they have “exciting information” tells me that pretty much everything is done

• Upvote 3

46 minutes ago, Frap 99 said:

You're annoying and selfish... We get you're point but it's almost like you're trying to hold them at gun point 

Regardless of a difference of opinion… this is out of line bro. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and to their wants/desires from a new product. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Svend Loggerhead said:

Finally, finally an answer that didn’t seem rude or demeaning

1 hour ago, Frap 99 said:

You're annoying and selfish... We get you're point but it's almost like you're trying to hold them at gun point 

Did I just jinx myself or something?

It’s always fun coming to the forum for my daily dose of negativity. I’m so sorry for having and standing by opinion that isn’t that of the mods or of the popular opinion of the forum users /s

• Like 5

vor 5 Stunden schrieb Tom:

Hello all,

We at Aerosoft are aware of our responsibility towards our customers and employees. The A330, our major project, was and is the focus of our activities. Therefore, we have seamlessly staffed the project with a new head and team members.
On 21.07.2023 we will go live with a brand-new landing page for the project at A330.Aerosoft.com which will contain exciting information, media and development updates about the A330 project - You may be interested!

Of course, the forums will remain open.

Your Aerosoft Team

Thank you for the Information. Why you just don't do an early access for us PC-users within the next week to calm the forum a bit?

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, UGLY RABBIT said:

As a fan of Korean air, is there any chance that I can count on the PW engine after RR and GE? 

It's not that important because, basically GE and PW looks same.

Be ready for the number of downvotes you're going to get 😬

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

9 hours ago, D O said:

Thank you for the Information. Why you just don't do an early access for us PC-users within the next week to calm the forum a bit?

While I would agree with this, FSS tried the same thing and got basically crucified by the internet because everyone forgot what early access means, so I don’t think it would be good for Aerosoft to take the same risk

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 6

• Deputy Sheriffs

Exactly my opinion. And this is the reason why Aerosoft in the past never offered for their own products "Early access", which is nothing more then a payed Beta. For too many companies, this is just a way to avoid running out of money, and developing something like an A330 costs more than most people are aware of.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 8

vor 6 Stunden schrieb CptSool:

The spoilt consumer anger and self entitlement of some users on here is beyond baffling. For the love of whoever's upstairs, you all need to calm down. 

We're talking about some pixels and lines of code built by a private business to cater for your hobby. Nothing more. Have you lost all sense of priorities?? 

Some of you seem to have lost what elementary respect towards others is. This thread used to be a gold mine of great information and conversations, now it seems it's only a bunch of whiny immature people showing off their skills. It's pretty sad. 

AS folks, I do not know how you cope with this deluge of intellectual misery. Hold tight, for your own mental sake. 

Nuff said 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 1