Aerosoft Aircraft - A330 Preview

Message added by Tom,

Aerosoft A330 Preview

Please read the FAQ prior to posting.

Have a livery request? Check out the Livery Request thread here.

58 minutes ago, marcus_sweden said:

But does a Pilot really see that flex, that is the question :)

No, but then that begets the larger question, does a pilot see the outside of an aircraft while in flight? No, then why do you need extremely accurate and realistic-looking visuals? One should be satisfied with what most pilots see in those Fixed Base or Full Flight Sims no? I mean, we can go down this rabbit hole and come to a simple conclusion from your logic that visuals aren't important, thus precluding the need for MSFS itself (because well even FS9 will allow you to simulate a flight in an A330). Hope you now see my point. While some of us may only be satisfied with an aircraft with Good VC and systems fidelity, others might prefer a more balanced realism both internally and externally. :)

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

• Deputy Sheriffs
15 minutes ago, VP-BLX said:

does a pilot see the outside of an aircraft?

Of course, when he does a walkaround. But TBH, we had those discussions in the past again and again, so no need to bring this up again. ;)

• Upvote 4

5 hours ago, JasonmCork said:

Best of Luck in your new venture Mathijs.

Back on topic -  Why is everyone so infatuated with wing flex? If its not there in the initial launch whats the big deal? There is only one place you are looking when you are rotating off the runway and its out the front window! 

You really have to be so novice to not care about wing flex... Wing flex is important for a good exterior simulation. It's like saying that you don't need to have the spoilers animated.

• Upvote 8

1 hour ago, Frap 99 said:

You really have to be so novice to not care about wing flex... 

I'm no novice, been simming since FS98, have nearly 7,000 hours on VATSIM plus all the offline hours and I don't care about wing flex.  

I do get though for some people it's a deal breaker as they're into external visuals more than I (and many others) are and will want to see those vibrations etc during the flight. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

LMAO. I'm here just to clarify if there's wing flex or not, and i don't even care about it either if they don't add it at the end.

It may not crucial or not important feature/immersion from this product, but it will comes with a price that it better be worth it every single dollar that i'm going to spend.

Customers Is King, isn't it?

Cant i share my thoughts about this product? Is sharing thoughts is wrong and prohibited? You guys gotta chill out.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

There might not have been signs of progress here, but the complete team has been working very serious hours, and there is simply not a lot that can be said. Telling you that we tweaked the turning circle from 42 meters to 39 meters is simply not very impressive for a forum.  But it still has to be done and is one of the dozens of issues that have been solved in the last week. It is just the stage when all features are in, and they all need to be debugged and tweaked. 

Thank you so much for this update and clarification!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, marcus_sweden said:

According to 737NG Driver the plan is to release this into Early Access? Isn't that a tad too late? Sounds strange to me.

That is a very reputable source in the flightsim community, so if that holds true then I would be very disappointed.  An insider can say all the things they want about how smooth a project is going and how all that are left are small things.  However consumer optics are everything, and Aerosoft has burned that bridge on the airplane side, CRJ that has never been touched, Twotter that has been ditched for reasons the company will not divulge.  IF, and a big IF if this comment had a shroud of truth, and I am not sure that 737ng driver has any insight into Aerosoft, but I would be rather dubious of this product if anything bud a complete release happens.

As a side note, if that does happen it would definitely leave a poor taste in my mouth.  As the years go buy with MSFS it seems we get left with a lot of “soons” and empty promises from aircraft developers.  It is quickly becoming a scenery simulator.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

10 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Telling you that we tweaked the turning circle from 42 meters to 39 meters is simply not very impressive for a forum

You see, you never know what people might find to be really good information. This tells me a lot about the level of detail that's being put into the plane. THIS kind of stuff is what a lot of us LOVE to hear about!!

On another note, I will join the others in wishing you the best in your future adventures!! Having seen at least one of your interviews I know how passionate you are about flight simming and your work has been greatly appreciated. Thank you!

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, marcus_sweden said:

According to 737NG Driver the plan is to release this into Early Access? Isn't that a tad too late? Sounds strange to me.

nobody outside Aerosoft knows how far the product is.. if a „full“ release is 4-8 month away early access is basically possible. 

in the end it doesn’t matter how it is called because everyone will likely treat and judge it like a finished product no matter what they call it

15 hours ago, Siriuscs said:

@Mathijs Kok But you gotta understand that this feels very weird to the community. You and a lead developer leaving just weeks before the finish line of this project (at least from what you tell us) makes us think that things in fact arent going as good as you tell us. And everyone knows that this plane shouldve long been ready. There are obviously problems. You even stopped updating us on anything a couple of weeks ago. We had to keep asking you what you guys are working on and how things are going. There are no signs of progess for weeks. We are all just afraid of this airplane becoming another abandoned project 2 months after release. Maybe you should tell us honestly what the deal is. 

I work as a PM also but in construction. 

In general, there is nothing strange at all about PM's leaving at this stage when the back is well and truly broken out of the project. In fact, its when PM's look to leave because all the important stuff is complete and the roadmap is very clear.

My last project we had 300 Electricians on site at the top of the S curve, when we came down to 50 i was moved to a new project that was moving up the S curve.

Apologies for the off topic stuff but thats just how it works. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 8

vor 13 Stunden schrieb marcus_sweden:

The actual quote is: “I’ve also heard rumors from other sources that they (aerosoft) might plan an early access release.” That’s about as vague and unspecified as one can get, and it does not suggest that this is the actual plan. If that’s the case, there’s something to be upset about, until we get confirmation we’re once again getting mad at conjecture. 

Not saying I would be upset. It's just one of the many release forms we see today. That E-Jet seems to be coming along nicely.

If anything it might result in a more stable Product.

45 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Indeed, indeed. 

Besides, Project Managers basically do nothing useful. They just get told by upper management to get things done and by the developers that it can't be done. Can you blame me for doing something else after 20 years? 😉

Friends, this is my last post on this forum section as the project manager. I leave you in good hands. When I leave Aerosoft end of the month I will make a new account and join as just another enthusiast for the A330! 

As we say in my Profession when someone is leaving for a new trade or a new posting.

Good luck on all your future endeavours @Mathijs Kok, May you have lots of success and high points in your next adventure! This chapter is ending, but a new one begins!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2

vor 2 Stunden schrieb Mathijs Kok:

Indeed, indeed. 

Besides, Project Managers basically do nothing useful. They just get told by upper management to get things done and by the developers that it can't be done. Can you blame me for doing something else after 20 years? 😉

Friends, this is my last post on this forum section as the project manager. I leave you in good hands. When I leave Aerosoft end of the month I will make a new account and join as just another enthusiast for the A330! 

Thank you for everything! ❤️

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3