Aerosoft Aircraft - A330 Preview

Message added by Tom,

Aerosoft A330 Preview

Please read the FAQ prior to posting.

Have a livery request? Check out the Livery Request thread here.

5 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Je sais que nous manquons un peu d'informations, il se passe beaucoup de choses et je promets de revenir sur la bonne voie avec cela.

hi @Mathijs Kok is that we will have photos of the A330 this week or not?  And do we have a release date in July or not?

• Administrator
15 minutes ago, LifeBeginsAtV1 said:

Will the gate be connected to the second door?

2L is defined as the door jetways should connect to, however, there are limitations.

On 5/19/2023 at 4:17 PM, Hanse said:

Yes there is a way in MSFS to define the "priority" door the jetway connects to. As MSFS handles only one jetway we defined for the Aerosoft A330 the 2L door as standard. But often (especially when the stop position is not correctly defined in the airport bgl-file) it will automatically connect to 1L or not at all to any door.

• Like 1

• Aerosoft
4 hours ago, sqdqs dsdqsqd said:

hi @Mathijs Kok is that we will have photos of the A330 this week or not?  And do we have a release date in July or not?

I will do some images tomorrow, working on the manuals so I will have it open the whole day.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 9

Very excited to see this coming up nicely, and I really, really appreciate the professionalism, transparency, and open communication from Aerosoft here. Shows a lot of respect for the community and it does not go unnoticed. Very rare to come across in this business. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 6

2 hours ago, belisar said:

Very excited to see this coming up nicely, and I really, really appreciate the professionalism, transparency, and open communication from Aerosoft here. Shows a lot of respect for the community and it does not go unnoticed. Very rare to come across in this business. 

Agreed on that! Mathijs always has been on top of it tho. :) 

• Like 1

• Deputy Sheriffs
2 minutes ago, LifeBeginsAtV1 said:

Funny downvotes on this forum

Well, people get annoyed, when the same questions are being asked again and again, only because people do not use the search function.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 10

Excited for everything that is going on after the trailer released, a big leap for Aerosoft to enliven the msfs sky. But one thing that i notice from the trailer, no wing flex?

@Mathijs Kok

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, dbdandy said:

Excité pour tout ce qui se passe après la sortie de la bande-annonce, un grand pas pour Aerosoft pour animer le ciel msfs. Mais une chose que je remarque dans la remorque, pas de flexion de l'aile ?

@Mathijs Kok

on the video it says “work in progress“!

1 hour ago, Ramp_air said:

on the video it says “work in progress“!

Ok bro it’s clearly label as WIP but the bird is delayed 8 months and mathijs said the plane is mostly done externally so it’s quite surprising to see such poor wing flex and no howl sound that’s the idea because the plane is in final stages ( no offense ), thanks.😊

• Like 2
  • Upvote 5

Allow me to clarify more, previously we had a sound preview where people were reporting a lack of howl sound as in p3d then Mathijs said that they have implemented it in, but as we hear it again in the new teaser where the music gets quieter there is still no howl as in p3d.

the second issue is the Turkish airline wing view 

, I do see wing flex but it’s strange because as the plane builds speed the wing flex’s and shakes including flaps, which I saw in real life. There was a noticeable bent and shake.

I hope mathijs answers this question, is the plane in the new teaser the latest model or it’s an older one? ( hope this comment doesn’t get deleted )😉

• Upvote 6

22 minutes ago, YAG said:

Allow me to clarify more, previously we had a sound preview where people were reporting a lack of howl sound as in p3d then Mathijs said that they have implemented it in, but as we hear it again in the new teaser where the music gets quieter there is still no howl as in p3d.

the second issue is the Turkish airline wing view 

, I do see wing flex but it’s strange because as the plane builds speed the wing flex’s and shakes including flaps, which I saw in real life. There was a noticeable bent and shake.

I hope mathijs answers this question, is the plane in the new teaser the latest model or it’s an older one? ( hope this comment doesn’t get deleted )😉

Allegedly one of the beta testers said that it actually has more wingflex when you're actually flying it but that it doesn't work good in playback mode. 

Same thing apparently during the PMDG 737 scenes in the IniBuilds KJFK trailer.

vor 1 Stunde schrieb AirbusA380-800:

They know what they are doing.

Well... it's correct that the 737 doesn't show wing flex in playback mode. But the A330 does show wing flex as you saw, and if you search for some other in flight screenshots a few pages back you will see the same kind of flex as in the video. So I don't think that this is a replay issue, it shows the way how they done it. And if you watch the teaser video from 1min onwards you see clearly that only the outside of the wing (where the ailerons are located) bends.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, AirbusA380-800 said:

The point of my comment was to say that some in this forum have a habit of getting really upset about absolutely nothing. The plane isn’t released, and it’s not finished. I feel like many times people are in this forum clutching their pearls, assuming the worst, when 90% of the time the answer is something mundane (ie playback messing with wingflex) or simply the plane being WIP.

I think it’s just a bit disrespectful to assume aerosoft have so little pride in their work that they’d just release something so wildly wrong as showing the wing still flexing up while already hundreds of feet in the air. They know what they are doing.

Someone in the comments for the teaser wrote about how they didn’t even show the cockpit so therefore the cockpit must be unfinished and that he’s gonna stick to the Headwind because of that.. Not saying anything's wrong with the Headwind by the way.

It seems the community is very lacking in the ability of looking things up on their own.

Pictures of the AS330 cockpit have been around since at least months if not over a year now.

Here’s two of them:

Please login to display this image.

Here’s from the real one:

• Deputy Sheriffs
On 7/4/2023 at 2:09 PM, Mathijs Kok said:

I know we are a bit lacking in information, a lot of going on and I promise to get back on track with that.

Hi Mathijs,

I have seen a few rumours on the internet that you and Robert are leaving Aerosoft. Can you please comment on these rumours? 

• Like 1

• Aerosoft
11 hours ago, devve said:

Really sad to hear that, despite I would like to wish you all the best

Let's close this topic.... 

I have hidden all offtopic posts.  I do thank all for the very kind words, thought. Heartwarming and very bad for my ego.

• Like 11

On 7/5/2023 at 8:17 AM, dbdandy said:

Excited for everything that is going on after the trailer released, a big leap for Aerosoft to enliven the msfs sky. But one thing that i notice from the trailer, no wing flex?

@Mathijs Kok

The trailer has parts where the clips of replays have been included so there is no wing flex in it. But I did notice you're right about this addon's Wingflex in general. I think it is a bit off. In most of the screenshots that were not from replays on this very forum, I've only seen a pronounced outboard wing flex, while the inboard and midspan sections remain rigid. Now that is very problematic especially when you're flying at low dispatch weights where there isn't much fuel to counteract the natural flexing tendency of the wings and there is a pronounced deflection of the entire wing. For reference, I've attached images from the real world, the beta testers and also the Laminar Research A330, where I thought this aspect was well simulated and is roughly what I expect to see in future from the nice team here at Aerosoft. Just my feedback. 

Spoiler

Mod edit: Images placed under spoiler to conserve space.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Best of Luck in your new venture Mathijs.

Back on topic -  Why is everyone so infatuated with wing flex? If its not there in the initial launch whats the big deal? There is only one place you are looking when you are rotating off the runway and its out the front window! 

• Like 4
  • Upvote 5

• Deputy Sheriffs
3 minutes ago, JasonmCork said:

Back on topic -  Why is everyone so infatuated with wing flex? If its not there in the initial launch whats the big deal? There is only one place you are looking when you are rotating off the runway and its out the front window! 

Its all about immersion. ;)

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, JasonmCork said:

A quote from Ted Lasso, "All People are different people"

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3