Aerosoft Aircraft - A330 Preview

Message added by Tom,

Aerosoft A330 Preview

Please read the FAQ prior to posting.

Have a livery request? Check out the Livery Request thread here.

2 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Something like it looks on my screen? 

Please login to display this image.

Oh wow, I love the pfd without the runway symbology on the ground, it’s the little things thanks for changing it 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Am 29.6.2023 um 13:27 schrieb Mathijs Kok:

We believe it is pretty good, we have had it tested by three real pilots two weeks back and included their comments.

Thank you very much. I'am just hoping to test and feel it by myself very soon.

Is there a reason why it shows the old ISIS instead of the new more rounded one? The rest of the cockpit equipment looks very new, especially the new traffic selector next to the PFD or the absence of a analogue RMI standby instrument. Those aircraft usually have the newer ISIS instead of the old one which is shown in the preview shot.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Aerosoft
Just now, Hendrik96 said:

Is there a reason why it shows the old ISIS instead of the new more rounded one? The rest of the cockpit equipment looks very new, especially the new traffic selector next to the PFD or the absence of a analogue RMI standby instrument. Those aircraft usually have the newer ISIS instead of the old one which is shown in the preview shot.

I know this was an issue on the bugtracker set as solved. It could be it is not yet inserted in the build. Good catch, though!

• Like 3

vor 13 Minuten schrieb Mathijs Kok:

I know this was an issue on the bugtracker set as solved. It could be it is not yet inserted in the build. Good catch, though!

Thanks for the reply 🙂 I‘m always finding little details like that 😅 

There is also a little thing with the 3d Model around the ISIS. The real one is a little bit tilted compared to the rest of the panel. It‘s visible on this photo for example:

(https://www.flickr.com/photos/jpavao/4644756009)

Please login to display this image.

I know here is the old one shown, but it‘a the same with the new one, I just couldn’t find a photo right now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Again, I don't want to sound unthankful in any way. I just genuinely wondered why the aircraft absolutely has to only be 100% new, with no options for older instruments. I mean, If you want to have a realistic operation of the aircraft in the sim, you can basically only fly the last few A330s ever built in the sim and not any older ones, which locks out a lot of cool airlines and routes. And now that you are potentially doing the NEO after this product, which also has all these brand-new instruments, wouldn't it be better to do a slightly older A330CEO? I wouldn't care if you charged as much as the entire aircraft cost originally for an older systems package if you wanted to, cause I think some system variety would be really nice down the line, please, at least think about it. I know it is a lot of work, and I appreciate that too. 

• Like 3

And I am not talking about huge stuff like the CRTs/EIS1 here, that would of course be a lot of work and not something which I am asking for, but rather smaller stuff, like the older standby instruments, which they have in the Fenix, for example? Don't take this as a complaint in any way, I am just curious about the team's opinion on all of this. thank you

vor 15 Minuten schrieb Nway Dev:

And I am not talking about huge stuff like the CRTs/EIS1 here, that would of course be a lot of work and not something which I am asking for, but rather smaller stuff, like the older standby instruments, which they have in the Fenix, for example? Don't take this as a complaint in any way, I am just curious about the team's opinion on all of this. thank you

I think the best way would be to have these things customizable like it’s done by PMDG on their products. It would be cool to choose between old or new isis, different Standby instrument combination with analogue RMI for example or to be able to decide if some newer options like the traffic selector are available or not.

However, since especially the Fenix has a rather old equipment, even with the newest available configuration, I am looking forward to the newer cockpit of the A330. Swiss for example has some newer aircrafts....

28 minutes ago, Nway Dev said:

Again, I don't want to sound unthankful in any way. I just genuinely wondered why the aircraft absolutely has to only be 100% new, with no options for older instruments. I mean, If you want to have a realistic operation of the aircraft in the sim, you can basically only fly the last few A330s ever built in the sim and not any older ones, which locks out a lot of cool airlines and routes. And now that you are potentially doing the NEO after this product, which also has all these brand-new instruments, wouldn't it be better to do a slightly older A330CEO? I wouldn't care if you charged as much as the entire aircraft cost originally for an older systems package if you wanted to, cause I think some system variety would be really nice down the line, please, at least think about it. I know it is a lot of work, and I appreciate that too. 

im pretty sure eis1 only has the analog standby on the a330, nevertheless i would appreciate the vor thing below the isis on some a330s, 

• Like 1

Hi Mathijs, I just got two questions about the “wing view boxes”.

1. Will there be custom sounds for them? For example, in the headwind A330, there when you go into the wing view box you can hear a different sound pack, mainly a slightly different engine sound, the sound of the packs, and some passenger ambiance, along with some announcements during pushback. It’s hard to describe, just load up the headwind a330 in your sim and you will hear it in the wing view boxes. The default planes, however, do not do this and just copy the sound from the cockpit. This really helps improve the immersion, and probably wouldn’t even be that hard to make considering you already have a “moving sound pack” for the engines, so 70% of the work is already done.

2. Could you add a small light source or something behind the wing boxes so the walls of the pseudo-cabin aren’t imposible to see during the night?

I know, we’re simulating the pilot, not the passenger, but you might as well just not add the wing view boxes entirely if you aren’t going to take the minimal effort into making them feel like they are actually views from the cabin.

17 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Every simmer should have a super widescreen monitor; it just makes a heck of a difference in your experience. Human vision is wide, not high. Never understood 4K screens, to be honest.

I see very little difference between windowed and full screen, but that's with all aircraft.

My goodness and here I am applying final touches to my next PC components list, and I am still torn between ultrawide or not ultrawide. 

The thing is, I would agree with you 10000% when it comes to flight sim, ultrawide and/or curved looks like the absolute best setup, but I also do other kinds of games and productivity application and I'm terrified they won't be enjoyable on such a screen. 

Tell me about a vital problem! ^^

52 minutes ago, CptSool said:

My goodness and here I am applying final touches to my next PC components list, and I am still torn between ultrawide or not ultrawide. 

The thing is, I would agree with you 10000% when it comes to flight sim, ultrawide and/or curved looks like the absolute best setup, but I also do other kinds of games and productivity application and I'm terrified they won't be enjoyable on such a screen. 

Tell me about a vital problem! ^^

I’d go for something that is in between, a slightly wider than average screen.

• Aerosoft
13 hours ago, Nway Dev said:

Sorry, simply not in the plans.

• Aerosoft
2 hours ago, CptSool said:

I simply do not know of any game that does not work better on a wider screen....

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

I simply do not know of any game that does not work better on a wider screen....

Probably Tetris.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

• Aerosoft
19 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Agree with Mathijs. 

Wide is way more natural.

Even if you don't have one of those single ultrawide displays, 

you can simply multiple put smaller ones next to each other

and easly configure them in MSFS.

Look here : 3 old 19" were used and immersion is great.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Hendrik96 said:

I think the best way would be to have these things customizable like it’s done by PMDG on their products. It would be cool to choose between old or new isis, different Standby instrument combination with analogue RMI for example or to be able to decide if some newer options like the traffic selector are available or not.

However, since especially the Fenix has a rather old equipment, even with the newest available configuration, I am looking forward to the newer cockpit of the A330. Swiss for example has some newer aircrafts....

I think best thing would be updates to come out with those things if plans ever come for it.

So it doesn’t delay release.

vor 12 Minuten schrieb Jetti200:

I think best thing would be updates to come out with those things if plans ever come for it.

So it doesn’t delay release.

Yes of course per update...should be clear, we are all waiting already too lang for this A330.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, rsmith6621a said:

This would be a good weekend to end the COMING SOON statement for those who have a 4 day weekend in the USA.

Mathijs already indicated that Aerosoft would give at least 2 weeks notice. I don't know how to do a multi quote but he posted this on May 19th if you want to look for yourself. I'm happy to wait as long as necessary for this to become a great release, we all know what can happen if products are released a bit early. It's funny in the sim community people always push so hard to rush a developer but when a product is released without being fully ready the community get out their pitchforks in protest. 

I will end this in an attempt to add some comedic relief and give Mathijs a little laugh:

"Every time I fly and am forced to remove my shoes, I’m grateful Richard Reid is not known as the Underwear Bomber."

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, cwa alt said:

could we get one of those development roadmaps that shows us where you guys are right now?

I think that would be rather pointless now, considering most of the A330 work is done, maybe for something like the NEO which (If im correct, hasnt yet been started)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Leo Kirkbride said:

I think that would be rather pointless now, considering most of the A330 work is done, maybe for something like the NEO which (If im correct, hasnt yet been started)

well earlier he said the aircraft wouldnt release in the next two weeks, obv theres something that needs to get done

10 minutes ago, cwa alt said:

well earlier he said the aircraft wouldnt release in the next two weeks, obv theres something that needs to get done

He said they were doing something along the lines of testing the VNAV/Autopilot.