Aerosoft Aircraft - A330 Preview

Message added by Tom,

Aerosoft A330 Preview

Please read the FAQ prior to posting.

Have a livery request? Check out the Livery Request thread here.

• Aerosoft
On 6/17/2023 at 9:30 AM, Dani-Zijlmans said:

It has an modded cabin?

No, we rather use the polygons on the areas where the flight crew works. It will also make the aircraft function way better on systems with low memory (like Xbox)

• Like 3
  • Upvote 3

• Aerosoft
On 6/17/2023 at 4:12 PM, Matthews2180 said:

Hi Mathijs, the plane looks insane! Can’t wait to flight it. Will all these functionalities in the tablet in the cockpit work in the xbox version? Sorry if this was asked before. 

We can't test that yet, but we see no reason why it should not.

• Like 1

It's not an objection, it's just a curiosity, so don't be offended and read it.
Why implement where the crew works while giving up the cabin for good performance? From the pilot's point of view, is there anything I have to do where the crew works?
Or is there a function for a crew to provides an in-flight meal?

The sentence can be awkward because I didn't live in an English-speaking country and used a translator

• Like 1

Mehh, last year I couldn't wait for the Fenix and the 737, this year I cant wait for the a330, the 777 and probably the a300. We will have all of them soon and we will be looking forward to the next project and the cycle never ends, this is why I love the fs community. there's always something new to look forward to. Looking forward to new projects is half the fun. much love to everyone ❤️ 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

• Aerosoft
4 hours ago, belisar said:

A couple of questions:

Will lateral offsets (i.e. for SLOP) be possible? I searched and saw this asked a couple of times, but did not see an answer there. 

Will we be able to add custom/user-defined waypoints in the MCDU?

Will the secondary flight plan function be implemented?

CDPLC - yes it was asked, but there is a standard, old as it is, via Hoppies. This is what all other add-ons and all controllers on VATSIM use. So in a way, it is a standard. Is it still the case that it will not include any integration on the release?

Might be that my shortcomings are not helping me find the answers if already given, so sorry if all was answered before. 

Being worked on, but I am not sure if it makes the first release for the first three items.

CPLDC remains complex, we have supported Hoppie in P3D but had massive support demands with that.  The main online ATC organisations are still discussing a more solid backend, we will for now await news on that. If that shows little progress Hoppie comes back into view. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

CPLDC remains complex, we have supported Hoppie in P3D but had massive support demands with that.  The main online ATC organisations are still discussing a more solid backend, we will for now await news on that. If that shows little progress Hoppie comes back into view. 

Do you not think the hoppie implementation has matured since?
It seems that acceptance among Vatsim regions has increase quite significantly in the last year and the various addons like FBW and those using FBW systems have quite solid CPDLC functionality now. 

IM

• Like 1

• Aerosoft
37 minutes ago, Imatams said:

Do you not think the hoppie implementation has matured since?
It seems that acceptance among Vatsim regions has increase quite significantly in the last year and the various addons like FBW and those using FBW systems have quite solid CPDLC functionality now. 

I do, but both IVAO and VATSIM told me alternatives are still being considered (or even worked on)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Again, I find it very hard to understand why people vote a post like this down. What could possibly be wrong with this?  This is toxic behaviour, and it stops right now. If you have an issue with something this innocent, you take the time to explain why or do nothing. 

I discussed this before and have given warnings. These warnings will now be accompanied by a temporary ban. 

Even better if they removed that system altogether. It invites that kind of behavior.

Yes People can downvote this ;).

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

• Deputy Sheriffs
11 minutes ago, marcus_sweden said:

Even better if they removed that system altogether. It invites that kind of behavior.

Yes People can downvote this ;).

No need to downvote your opinion. ;)
The voting system has been discussed very often and indepth in the past and Aerosoft finally decided to leave it as it is. And now back to topic.

• Thanks 4

On 6/17/2023 at 8:28 AM, BaxterChico said:

Please login to display this image.

2 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

No, we rather use the polygons on the areas where the flight crew works. It will also make the aircraft function way better on systems with low memory (like Xbox)

Hi Mathijs, with the window shots we were provided recently have you just made a shell of wall textures and windows instead of a full cabin, or is there just 3-4 window spots in the aircraft?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

On 6/16/2023 at 9:04 PM, BaxterChico said:

Here are more details. Unfortunately, I'm not allowed to show everything at the moment. 

Well done with the modelling!!! Loving it :)

• Like 4

To all people complaining or even ranting about the release policy... you may read my thoughts in this thread. I hope i can bring some understanding about what it means to develop an Airliner.

will oans be simulated for the a330neo? looks like fbw was able to colabrate with navigraph to bring it, would aerosoft consider working with fbw to bring it to the neo, and maybe the ceo?

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, cwa alt said:

will oans be simulated for the a330neo? looks like fbw was able to colabrate with navigraph to bring it, would aerosoft consider working with fbw to bring it to the neo, and maybe the ceo?

OANS is a optional feature for the most A330-200/300 series delivered after 2016 which were designated as A330E(E for Enhanced with slightly altered wing raked design and higher max take off weight capability). So unlikely we will see aerosoft implementing it on the A330ceo.

However OANS is a near standard offering for the A330neo, i do know one Low Cost Carrier in Asia which decided not to equip the cockpit with it. But i guess is makes sense for Aerosoft to implement it on the A330neo as a whole.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Aerosoft
17 hours ago, TomReborn said:

Hi Mathijs, with the window shots we were provided recently have you just made a shell of wall textures and windows instead of a full cabin, or is there just 3-4 window spots in the aircraft?

I suggest you search as this has been discussed at least 20 times, lol.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

I suggest you search as this has been discussed at least 20 times, lol.

That’s the problem, I’ve already searched it before I asked the question and I check the forums multiple times daily. I know there will be no cabin to save on resources and give better performance, however, I cannot find anything about what I have asked.

Not sure if you have misunderstood my question

Edit: I've attached two photos, is it going to be like number one which is just the pockets of windows, or will it be like number two which is the frame only but all the way down (no chairs, no floor, no ceiling of the inside cabin etc)?

• Upvote 7

• Deputy Sheriffs

Tom, yes there are multiple fixed viewpoints looking like the ones in the screenshot you were referring too, and you can't pan to see more.

• Like 1

Hypothetically even if there was a fully modelled cabin, it would be good if one could choose whether they want it downloaded or not (done via installer usually).

I have a pretty good computer but I'd easily choose not having a full cabin for the sake of PC health and performance.