Aerosoft Aircraft - A330 Preview

Message added by Tom,

Aerosoft A330 Preview

Please read the FAQ prior to posting.

Have a livery request? Check out the Livery Request thread here.

11 minutes ago, BaxterChico said:

Hey friends of the A330, I may now show pictures from the cockpit, and have made here a few for you

Could you please show us from the captain's seat? 

• Like 5
  • Upvote 2

On 6/16/2023 at 3:13 PM, BaxterChico said:

I would love to hear from you guys what style of pictures you would like to see more of. 

Do you like more the dramatic part? Or would you rather see the standard pictures? 

Or maybe you want to see a mix of both? 

Pilot view in cockpit would be great

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, BaxterChico said:

Hey friends of the A330, I may now show pictures from the cockpit, and have made here a few for you

Please login to display this image.

Awesome thanks!!!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SimFlyHigh787 said:

I cannot wait any longer. I simply cannot comprehend how you cannot figure out the VNAV. You've done it countless times before in P3D. Don't give me "The SDK is complicated" excuse. Even sluggish PMDG figured out VNAV in a timely manner.

Development time seems to be slower and slower. Flightsim relies on the imminent release of aircraft and/or updates to attract avgeeks. If you make them wait months and months for an aircraft or update, they will lose interest. This includes the likes of FENIX and PMDG. 

Everyone needs to be faster. 

Demand is increasing, yet the development time and resources of these companies remain underwhelming.

Even if they did lose interest in it they would most likely come back to it and buy it once released. Unless maybe another better A330 is released before the AS variant which is highly unlikely at the moment.

Not trying to be rude but that’s how it is in the flightsim community right now, they’ll cry and whine but once it’s out they realize it was worth waiting a bit longer for a fully finished product.

I’d like for it to be released asap too just like everyone else but I can wait some more for it to be finished to the extent AS wants it for release.

2 hours ago, AirbusA380-800 said:

Yo dude, sounds good and all, but can you show me your code for a fully functioning VNAV you’ve developed for MSFS, that also managed to simulate a correct A333 flight model? Feel free to just post it in the group, I’m sure everyone (the developers included) would really appreciate you sharing this! 

You’re way too worked up over this. The plane will come, eventually, we know this. At the same time, we’re only now seeing cockpit pics by beta testers of the cockpit, and we still don’t even have a full features list. Aerosoft has communicated countless times that there’s a list of things that simply aren’t ready, and it’s obvious that development is still quite dynamic. They also made clear this was going to be the process going forward when we were told the plane was going into beta. 

The team working on this plane isn’t massive, as far as I understand - like afaik it’s like less then 10 people (feel free to crucify me if I’m wrong, but I remember it being in that ballpark). Aerosoft is not some multinational that can focus an enormous amount of resources to brute force solutions to their problems. Even if we agree that it sucks that these things aren’t ready, what do you want the developers to do? It’s not ready. 

Like I feel like you want this plane to come out so bad, that you can’t accept the fact that the plane is simply not ready. It’s that simple. There’s nothing more to it. Why and how do you get angry at this? Just relax, trust the process. 

Love that you get so upset at customers wanting a product and getting tired of the same ol' rigamarole. Sure, no one is blaming the devs, clearly they still have a lot to work on... but as a customer, it does get tiring waiting, then speculating, then hearing things are "expected" to launch, then waiting...  and 6 months later we're still here (looking at you EFB at PMDG) and you A330. ;)

We are ready to fly a new airliner which are few and far between in MSFS 2020. So sue us.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

4 hours ago, SimFlyHigh787 said:

I cannot wait any longer. I simply cannot comprehend how you cannot figure out the VNAV. You've done it countless times before in P3D. Don't give me "The SDK is complicated" excuse. Even sluggish PMDG figured out VNAV in a timely manner.

Development time seems to be slower and slower. Flightsim relies on the imminent release of aircraft and/or updates to attract avgeeks. If you make them wait months and months for an aircraft or update, they will lose interest. This includes the likes of FENIX and PMDG. 

Demand is increasing, yet the development time and resources of these companies remain underwhelming.

It's not as you believe about it, in fact I don't care about time, I said this couple of times no matter how much time aerosoft did take or will take what is really crucial is a complete product which fulfil aerosoft's vision on there aircraft. I agree that timing could be a problem to some people but I bet that those people who have this kind of issue no matters for them to fly captain sim or any aircraft even a flying donut doesn't matter. What I really need is an aircraft complies with real systems and if it simulate failures that would be ideal so that I could use it for learning and it could be used for type ratings however, as in aerosoft case they will simulate the normal operations but failures not included that's okay for me because I'm not a pilot looking for type rated just I want to fly the a330 in normal operation as real pilots do in real life. I completed the aircraft cbt and I'm looking forward for flying it. 

• Like 3

vor 12 Minuten schrieb Jeff McCord Soule:

Love that you get so upset at customers wanting a product and getting tired of the same ol' rigamarole. Sure, no one is blaming the devs, clearly they still have a lot to work on... but as a customer, it does get tiring waiting, then speculating, then hearing things are "expected" to launch, then waiting...  and 6 months later we're still here (looking at you EFB at PMDG) and you A330. ;)

We are ready to fly a new airliner which are few and far between in MSFS 2020. So sue us.

Just promise me you’ll touch some grass today, ok bud 

• Upvote 1

you must already be satisfied with the photos provided if he authorizes the beta testers to share photos it is that the work on the cockpit is finished so it is approaching...

vor 28 Minuten schrieb Nurol Kurt:

i have hopes that they are going to release the plane on SimExpo

Who cares. They release when they release. Some developer takes more time. The questions for the release dates are making it more and more toxic. Lean back, relax and enjoy the beautiful summer weather. The A330 will come. But the release- date will not be earlier the more you and the others ask. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 6

8 minutes ago, flieger1978 said:

Who cares. They release when they release. Some developer takes more time. The questions for the release dates are making the it more and more toxic. Lean back, relax and enjoy the beautiful summer weather. The A330 will come. But the release- date will not be earlier the more you and the others ask. 

It's not toxic at all. As customers, we have to right to ask those questions and companies should be able to deal with questions like that in the most professional way possible. And they are. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 9

vor 5 Minuten schrieb JeremyBoyles:

It's not toxic at all. As customers, we have to right to ask those questions and companies should be able to deal with questions like that in the most professional way possible. And they are. 

I don’t think so. Look, if you wait for something you want to buy, are you writing everyday an email to the seller or supplier - NO. So , as a costumer you have to wait for the product you want. Aerosoft is not accountable to any of us - but this do some people here think. 

• Upvote 14

I find Aerosoft to be one of the more transparent when it comes to development previews. They will release when they decide it is the right time and they don't have blocking issues identified. It would be unfair for the developers to work with a hard deadline over their heads. I appreciate that most of the developers don't give out release dates until they are very close to it, and let their teams do what they do best, and focus on building the product. I am very excited and look forward to the A330. The screenshots so far look great. Texturing on the cockpit had a great balance of wear and tear, and it had it in the right places. I believe systems simulation will be the typical routine flight operations Aerosoft is great at modeling. 

It releases when it releases, we can ask questions about features that will be implemented and so on to learn more about the product, but I would hold back from continuously asking about release dates. 

• Upvote 2

Personally I solved my problem of waiting for the A330... I consumed all my birthday budget in addons!  Now my next purchase will be for Christmas.  And it will be A330 or B777, if one of the 2 comes out one day!  To wait, we have the Fenix, the 737 and the Headwind A330 which is not that bad.  I would say it must be to Aerosoft what the A32nx is to Fenix.  And with the announcements that Headwind has just made, it may even be a serious competitor!

• Upvote 2

vor 2 Stunden schrieb JeremyBoyles:

You literally have no rights, what are you talking about? This is a preview forum for a product not yet available for purchase. No one owes you anything until they (aerosoft) market their product, create expectations and you purchase their product. Anything Aerosoft chooses to share up until that point is completely within their discretion. Beyond what they’ve been already doing we have no legitimate expectation for more. Yours is a very abrasive and arrogant stance to take towards fellow passionate enthusiasts developing a product we all want. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 6

7 hours ago, BaxterChico said:

Thank you for these. Can you show us some screenshots of the displays and of the whole flightdeck? Thank you. 

5 hours ago, flieger1978 said:

I don’t think so. Look, if you wait for something you want to buy, are you writing everyday an email to the seller or supplier - NO. So , as a costumer you have to wait for the product you want. Aerosoft is not accountable to any of us - but this do some people here think. 

it was literally my first ever message on this forum...

As customers, you have the right to buy a product or not. You don't have the right to demand answers to a question that has already been asked many, many times, and the developer already said is not going to be answered many, many times.

False entitlement won't get you very far in life. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 9

16 hours ago, SimFlyHigh787 said:

Jesus man. Just relax 🤦‍♂️

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

A couple of questions:

Will lateral offsets (i.e. for SLOP) be possible? I searched and saw this asked a couple of times, but did not see an answer there. 

Will we be able to add custom/user-defined waypoints in the MCDU?

Will the secondary flight plan function be implemented?

CDPLC - yes it was asked, but there is a standard, old as it is, via Hoppies. This is what all other add-ons and all controllers on VATSIM use. So in a way, it is a standard. Is it still the case that it will not include any integration on the release?

Might be that my shortcomings are not helping me find the answers if already given, so sorry if all was answered before. 

• Upvote 2