Aerosoft Aircraft - A330 Preview

Message added by Tom,

Aerosoft A330 Preview

Please read the FAQ prior to posting.

Have a livery request? Check out the Livery Request thread here.

43 minutes ago, BaxterChico said:

I would love to hear from you guys what style of pictures you would like to see more of. 

Do you like more the dramatic part? Or would you rather see the standard pictures? 

Or maybe you want to see a mix of both? 

We want to fly it

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, BaxterChico said:

I would love to hear from you guys what style of pictures you would like to see more of. 

Do you like more the dramatic part? Or would you rather see the standard pictures? 

The standard ones for me :D

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, Dr_Martin said:

Plus, I'm sure that Aerosoft doesn't want to put out a product that isn't completely finished

Twin Otter and CRJ has entered the chat.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, BaxterChico said:

Some wing view from the passengers perspective. Plus some on ground shot from the ground workers perspective. Does not really need a tight zoom in.

• Aerosoft
vor 40 Minuten schrieb Black2306:

+ some cockpit views

Currently I am not allowed to publish all the pictures I would like to. However, I have provided Mathji's new pictures of the cockpit. Maybe he will show them

• Like 2

10 hours ago, BaxterChico said:

J'aimerais avoir de vos nouvelles les gars, quel style de photos vous aimeriez voir plus.

Aimez-vous plus la partie dramatique ? Ou préférez-vous voir les photos standard ?

Ou peut-être voulez-vous voir un mélange des deux ?

it is possible to have photos of the wing view with the shutters open thank you

On 6/15/2023 at 9:45 AM, Mathijs Kok said:

First of all, we normally do not do paid new features for a project, not a big fan of that at all.  No paid livery packs.

What I called the immersion module is all the stuff that is happening on a flight deck that is not directly related to flying.  So things like operating the door, ordering a coffee etc.

So is it coming with the release or with a update?

5 hours ago, B_B said:

Why do the window frames look so warped ? 

Same case with the PMDG.

Seems like that’s just how it is with the window frames from the inside.

It’s not the best for screenshots but personally don’t mind it.

On 6/8/2023 at 10:00 AM, Mathijs Kok said:

About more screenshots, videos etc. As I said before, in this project, we worked with 5 rather separate development paths. That means that many things will have to fall together at the last moment. This is a bit different from a development path where many things are done successively.  But it you excuse us a few misrepresentations, here are some detailed images from a test flight I just did. Click to see them in 4k.

MOD: Images removed

Hi Mathijs, the plane looks insane! Can’t wait to flight it. Will all these functionalities in the tablet in the cockpit work in the xbox version? Sorry if this was asked before. 

Thanks!

• Like 1

"Mwahhhh, yes, the code is mainly done, now the Autopilot etc need to start using it correctly."

Seems like this is what makes the difference between open source aircrafts (VNAV mostly works) and Aerosoft/PMDG etc

Take your time. A fluctuating VNAV functionality really could kill the sim experience.

Mats

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, SimFlyHigh787 said:

I cannot wait any longer. I simply cannot comprehend how you cannot figure out the VNAV. You've done it countless times before in P3D. Don't give me "The SDK is complicated" excuse. Even sluggish PMDG figured out VNAV in a timely manner.

Development time seems to be slower and slower. Flightsim relies on the imminent release of aircraft and/or updates to attract avgeeks. If you make them wait months and months for an aircraft or update, they will lose interest. This includes the likes of FENIX and PMDG. 

Everyone needs to be faster. 

Demand is increasing, yet the development time and resources of these companies remain underwhelming.

Yes because ranting on here is going to make projects move faster, if anything it slows it down cause now peoples resources have to be directed towards your comment, and they have to answer it, while they could be developing your plane... I'm sure you'll moan now but even if its released in 12 months, 6 years, or 30 years, you would still buy it none the less...

• Upvote 10

1 hour ago, SimFlyHigh787 said:

I cannot wait any longer. I simply cannot comprehend how you cannot figure out the VNAV. You've done it countless times before in P3D. Don't give me "The SDK is complicated" excuse. Even sluggish PMDG figured out VNAV in a timely manner.

Development time seems to be slower and slower. Flightsim relies on the imminent release of aircraft and/or updates to attract avgeeks. If you make them wait months and months for an aircraft or update, they will lose interest. This includes the likes of FENIX and PMDG. 

Demand is increasing, yet the development time and resources of these companies remain underwhelming.

I think us as a community get hung up on “release things now-itis.”  What I want to start seeing as flight simming becomes more mainstream and more and more developers are jumping into the game are more and more substantial updates on the product.  

In this day in age I think us as consumers want a peak into how things are developing.  I think why there is so much backlash, like in the sound video, is because we hear that the product is wrapping up nicely and historically we do not get these types of videos until right before release.  People panicked and thought this is not how it should sound.  Start showing these things early, start to show the progression of the build so we can see how things started and where they are at now.  I believe Flybywire is doing a good job of this

We need to stop begging for a release and start begging for a more open dialogue with the development.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

vor einer Stunde schrieb SimFlyHigh787:

I can agree that the first half of this year stands for a long waiting period (at least for simmers focusing on Airbus/Boeing). Last year this time the release of the PMDG 737 and the Fenix brought lots of excitement in the community but after that bigger airliner releases are missing.

I'm eagerly waiting for the A330 and even more for the PMDG 777. But I could imagine that there are simply not enough developers with knowledge about programming, MSFS and aircrafts to speed things up. And even if the bigger developers hire new people I assume it's the same like in other industries that it takes quite some time until new people are trained in their new working surrounding to finally speed the process up.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 3