Aerosoft Aircraft - A330 Preview

Message added by Tom,

Aerosoft A330 Preview

Please read the FAQ prior to posting.

Have a livery request? Check out the Livery Request thread here.

On 6/5/2023 at 7:48 AM, Mathijs Kok said:

New demo of the EFB map feature. Should also work on Xbox and MSFS Cloud.

Cool feature to have on EFB and cockpit looks stunning. I really would like to fly this bird right now, sadly this is not possible 

MOD EDIT: Image deleted to conserve space and speed scrolling.

• Like 1

wouldn't it make more sense to say do 1 plane per family and then when you have done that start to add all the other variants to the families so then we have at least a different plane to fly other then it being the same plane but slightly altered 

1 hour ago, HarryBRZz said:

most people dont have a tiller in their home setups so just use the rudders instead.

It doesn't need to have a tiller setup in your home. Do you remember Fenix had simulated this simply on the Pedal Disk there is a button where you can disconnect and connect it just by your mouse you can disconnect and connect it simple and more realism. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, dresoccer4 said:

a little confused as I clicked on this thread titled "Aerosoft Aircraft - A330 Preview" however it looks like this is a preview thread for all Aerosoft MSFS aircraft with over 150 pages of information. Which page does the A330 preview begin on? thanks

It's scattered throughout in between the discussion and questions.

Some pages back:

1250410_20230602215920_1.png

image.png

Screenshot_3.png

• Aerosoft
3 hours ago, Peter Koller said:

I hope the EFB can be exported to a Android tablet.

Not at this moment; that will always remain highly problematic if you want to use all three platforms (PC/ Xbox/Cloud) for the DLC.

I also think it works pretty well in the VC. In the real aircraft, it is also more or less fixed to the side and not hand-held.

• Like 1

• Aerosoft
3 hours ago, KianAlli28 said:

Can we get a video soon if the VNAV capabilities, I am one of many who thinks that was a week point in the CRJ and I see that you have been talking about the effort being put into it. So it would be nice to get a look at how it flies!

I wish we could show that, but it is still an issue we are working on. 

I do not agree however, that it was a weak point in the CRJ; the vast majority of CRJs simply do not have VNAV systems.  If I recall correctly none of the airlines we covered ever had it. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 4

• Aerosoft
1 hour ago, ahmed2003 said:

It doesn't need to have a tiller setup in your home. Do you remember Fenix had simulated this simply on the Pedal Disk there is a button where you can disconnect and connect it just by your mouse you can disconnect and connect it simple and more realism. 

Indeed a tiller controller is not very common, but many people have a controller with a rotary input that can be used. For me that is this:

Please login to display this image.

Works fine, and I feel it is rather realistic.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

• Aerosoft
2 hours ago, RenegadeNine said:

I've noticed the same behaviour with most if not all MSFS aircraft so I'm assuming it's a limitation of the sim, but yes it would be good to see an improvement on that.

Just today, we had the advisory pilots go over the ground flight model and apart from some tweaks for the rolling resistance of a very light aircraft, they feel it works fine. How direct the controls work is, of course, mainly a question of setup. If you want it less direct, you use a different curve. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

• Aerosoft

Agree with Mathijs. 

For information, here is a rather detailed video on setting up the sensitivity/ reactivity curves

according to the type of controls you want :

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ahmed2003 said:

no that tiller button will completely disconnect the pedals from the nsw for flight control checks etc... 

if you dont have a tiller setup, then its not realistic like the real world steering system. Most people dont mind this though. 

If what you're trying to suggest is that fenix's nsw button gives the rudder pedals full 75 degree authority, then this is not realistic. The rudder pedals simply do not do that. But for simmers, it is ok.

edit: when I say tiller setup, I mean a proprietary axis for it, like mathijs has.

Am 4.6.2023 um 12:49 schrieb Mathijs Kok:

Well the next project will be the A330neo; we got some pretty good information we can finally use. After that, we'll go for the smaller fish!

Why no A340-300?

• Upvote 5

4 hours ago, andre760li said:

thank you for the video. I really notice that steering is very, very direct. if you move the tiller from such a big plane, steering should be way more sluggish. same with steering with the rudder. Is that also w.i.p. or show that the final ground handling of this bird?

I've noticed having a nullzone causes it, but then personally I have to need to have a small nullzone cause I don't have a tiller or similar which would center itself when untouched. I use the left throttle quadrant as a pedal/tiller on my Hotas Warthog and the right bigger one as an engine throttle, works good. Mathjis said something about using a different curve or something, maybe that'll prevent the steering from being too direct due to the nullzone.

People seem to forget that the NEO is the future and 340 is the past. Why invest in a Plane on it's way out?

Why even argue about this while we are still waiting for the first one?

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, marcus_sweden said:

People seem to forget that the NEO is the future and 340 is the past. Why invest in a Plane on it's way out?

Why even argue about this while we are still waiting for the first one?

Either way they could do both.

They release the NEO after the CEO, and who knows maybe one day they decide to make an A340.

5 minutes ago, marcus_sweden said:

Or 350 ;)

They could technically decide to do all of them if they have the necessary information available, not the case with A350 as far as I know. It's gonna take quite a while for such information to become available, it's obviously a pretty new plane. Information being classified and all that.

In general better if we all just focus on the upcoming release.. The rest is what it is for now.

3 minutes ago, Jetti200 said:

They could technically decide to do all of them if they have the necessary information available, not the case with A350 as far as I know. It's gonna take quite a while for such information to become available, it's obviously a pretty new plane. Information being classified and all that.

Yes but since we are into fantasies we might as well go wild here :). If we knew the future we would put everything in that stock we knew would go up ;).

5 minutes ago, marcus_sweden said:

I know for a fact that I will buy this one, and the NEO when it shows up. That is all I know for now. If they do something else I will most likely get that one too.

Gonna be fun simulating long haul routes with a true long hauler in FS2020 for the first time.

I've found the A310 isn't really for me when it comes to long haul, sure it's a long hauler but it doesn't give me the sense of flying a long hauler; More like a short hauler on steroids. Plus it's quirks are pretty annoying, don't get me wrong it's an overall good plane and I do come back to it occasionally.

5 minutes ago, Jetti200 said:

Gonna be fun simulating long haul routes with a true long hauler in FS2020 for the first time.

I've found the A310 isn't really for me when it comes to long haul, sure it's a long hauler but it doesn't give me the sense of flying a long hauler; More like a short hauler on steroids. Plus it's quirks are pretty annoying, don't get me wrong it's an overall good plane and I do come back to it occasionally.

Problem with those Planes is that they are made for a Pilot/FO setup. Obviously this is too but since so much is automated you don't feel super stressed all the time.

9 minutes ago, marcus_sweden said:

Problem with those Planes is that they are made for a Pilot/FO setup. Obviously this is too but since so much is automated you don't feel super stressed all the time.

I fly the 737 NG most of the time though and don't mind the way it has to be operated, sometimes it's nice to jump in the A320 for some reduced workload though. When I do fly the A310 it's mostly during the approach stage that's a bit problematic but then it's one of the first planes with those capabilities so it can be quirky in terms of that. I understand what you mean though.

2 minutes ago, Jetti200 said:

I fly the 737 NG most of the time though and don't mind the way it has to be operated, sometimes it's nice to jump in the A320 for some reduced workload though. When I do fly the A310 it's mostly during the approach stage that's a bit problematic but then it's one of the first planes with those capabilities so it can be quirky in terms of that. I understand what you mean though.

I also fly the 737 but I have some issues with the throttle since I only have the Airbus one. I do have the Boeing yoke though which is great. Another reason to look forward to this 330. Airbus has a lot of experience with the yokes since they sell them so I expect the calibrations to be perfect :).

2 minutes ago, marcus_sweden said:

I also fly the 737 but I have some issues with the throttle since I only have the Airbus one. I do have the Boeing yoke though which is great. Another reason to look forward to this 330. Airbus has a lot of experience with the yokes since they sell them so I expect the calibrations to be perfect :).

Made me think of the 737 NG throttles in real life, when I got to visit the cockpit before departure plus when I flew it in an actual simulator (didn't have full motion though). They're actually very easy to move barely requiring any force to move them which stood out to me. Wonder how the resistance is with the Airbus throttles?

vor 2 Minuten schrieb Jetti200:

Made me think of the 737 NG throttles in real life, when I got to visit the cockpit before departure plus when I flew it in an actual simulator (didn't have full motion though). They're actually very easy to move barely requiring any force to move them which stood out to me. Wonder how the resistance is with the Airbus throttles?

From my experience in a level d full flight simulator: the A320 throttles have good resistance especially the detends need some force to be moved in and out, too. It was very different compared to the thrustmaster TCA, which is a toy compared to the real thrust levers.