Aerosoft Aircraft - A330 Preview

Message added by Tom,

Aerosoft A330 Preview

Please read the FAQ prior to posting.

Have a livery request? Check out the Livery Request thread here.

6 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

And let's leave it at that, okay?

@Mathijs Kok can you show us images of Saudi livery please.

6 hours ago, ahmed2003 said:

That's super right actually this represents me too

Me to !    I’ve own aerosoft a320 in the past never us it. The cockpit they do are so good. This bird will be great 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

I have never said we will not use an internal sound for that, I just said we are not making a special sound set for a wing view (does FBW have that?).

We are just not very interested in the cabin. This is for several reasons. First of all, because we believe this is a flight simulator, and flying is done from the cockpit. Secondly, and I will probably regret showing this...

I conduct frequent market research to gather more information on various topics. In November 2022, I conducted a survey that was sent to 50 people, and 40 of them responded. Although the survey was sent to our customers, who are likely less interested in gaming and more interested in systems, it still confirmed our beliefs. We found that complex cabins perform well in screenshots and feature lists but not in usages.

These things cost time, money and framerates and can cause serious issues on low-memory platforms like Xbox and Cloud. If the lack of that is a deal breaker for some people, so be it. This has been our point of view for the last 15 years, and it will not change. Discussing it simply makes very little sense.

I could care less either way about the sound, but I do have to say, showing you did “market research” based off of 50 customers….yikes.  And that is what is driving some of your decisions?  Again, I’m buying it either way, you could have asked a family of giraffes what they thought I can care less.  I can’t wait for this bird, I’m in this forum reading everyday, but man I’ll volunteer to help build out a better model than just sourcing 50 people.

• Upvote 5

2 hours ago, Bojangles said:

I could care less either way about the sound, but I do have to say, showing you did “market research” based off of 50 customers….yikes.  And that is what is driving some of your decisions?  Again, I’m buying it either way, you could have asked a family of giraffes what they thought I can care less.  I can’t wait for this bird, I’m in this forum reading everyday, but man I’ll volunteer to help build out a better model than just sourcing 50 people.

I agree with this, having a survey sent to 50 people is not a lot of feedback when you look at the scale of MSFS now. If this poll was reintroduced on a larger scale the results would differ by a large amount. Fenix have the option to toggle cabin visibility on and off, which would be great for those who have them extra resources to have a cabin without affecting performance

• Upvote 5

Guys, why are you still talking about the cabin? Think this was made very clear that there won't be one 🤣🤣, what does one even do with an empty cabin? I find that so unrealistic overall. Wing view will do for me, no need to walk around the empty cabin. Think I've only been once in the Fenix one, I spend more time in setting up systems and monitoring during flight rather than spinning around an empty cabin trying to get a decent wing view. I've been using flight sim since 2002 and can tell you that the addition of a cabin to an airplane was only used once or twice by me as well... and then never again. Totally agree with Matthias on this one, so pointless. Advanced cockpit, systems and a good model makes it good, not a cabin.

• Upvote 9

I don't intend to refute the absence of a cabin, but is it possible to implement just the front seats of some wingviews? When I take a picture at Wingview, it's beautiful to take a picture with the front seat slightly showing.

I don't live in an English-speaking country and use a translator, so the sentence may be awkward.

59 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Please login to display this image.

I recognized it's your Paderborn airport, 😁 there is still work to be done on the pushback?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

• Aerosoft
49 minutes ago, SpeedbirdSimulation said:

That looks absolutely stunning Mathijs, is that using Navdatapro, or Navigraph.  Or are both permitted and working

Both will work, but what we use there is a different database that includes world wide imagery. 
The pushback feature is ready and has been tested. I just used it to get my A330 from one platform to another, lol. Note that we do not show any objects, it just moves the aircraft.

• Like 8
  • Upvote 1

On 5/2/2023 at 8:43 PM, Mathijs Kok said:

Coming back to aviation only when you will release this plane😭

14 hours ago, SimWare said:

I will make another one with a single axis throttle similar to the Logitech 3D one.

hope for this thank you 

• Upvote 1

Hi Mathijs, I want to inform about the functioning of Pedal disk and rudders. Is connecting and disconnecting pedal disk realistically simulated, or during steering both will be used? 

2 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Les deux fonctionneront, mais ce que nous utilisons, c'est une base de données différente qui comprend des images dans le monde entier.
La fonction de refoulement est prête et a été testée. Je viens de l'utiliser pour faire passer mon A330 d'une plate-forme à l'autre, lol. Notez que nous ne montrons aucun objet, cela ne fait que déplacer l'avion.

if you can do a pushback to move it to my house that would be nice thank you 🤣

6 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Is this what we needed to do voice clips for a while ago that I submitted, or was that something completely different? 👀

• Upvote 2

vor 6 Stunden schrieb Mathijs Kok:

Quick q: will this only support a pushback, or will you also be able to (for instance) replicate a plane being pushed/towed from maintenance/long term parking to the departure gate? 

vor 43 Minuten schrieb Mathijs Kok:

In auto you draw a path on the sat image; in manual you control the movements

Don‘t forget to include the third pushback option, which is far superior compared to the two mentioned above.

Reverse on and there you go. At normal airports you probably won‘t see at but it’s not unusual within the military. 

Last year I flew with a Loganair Twin Otter and we did a pushback out of Glasgow using reverse thrust.

Remember the good old times, where a DC-8 was allowed to do it at any time.

Il y a 4 minutes, YetiAir a déclaré :

N'oubliez pas d'inclure la troisième option de refoulement, qui est de loin supérieure aux deux mentionnées ci-dessus.

Inversez et voilà. Dans les aéroports normaux, vous ne verrez probablement pas, mais ce n'est pas inhabituel au sein de l'armée.

L'année dernière, j'ai volé avec un Loganair Twin Otter et nous avons fait un refoulement hors de Glasgow en utilisant la poussée inverse.

Souvenez-vous du bon vieux temps, où un DC-8 était autorisé à le faire à tout moment.

personally I worked at the airport for 10 years I've never seen it push it reverse I've always seen the push back or the departure without a push back