Twotter 101 unofficial update now available

• Aerosoft

I have just uploaded this update to the FAQ / Support server (you will need to register on our site to have access). TI call this 'unofficial' as it will be replaced by the full update (containing all open issues) within a week. It is also not 100% tested. So if you are not really bothered by something at this moment, you might just as well wait.

The green issues have been sorted at this moment, the black issues are identified but are yet to be changed (these require complete recompiling of the MDL files and are a bit more complex in that aspect). Before the weekend we will release an intermediate (101) update with all green items for sure, with a bit of luck (depends on the weather, would you believe it) the black issues will be solved as well in that update.

Flight model

F001 : Problem tuning standby freqs solved

F002 : Twotter turning to the right weight distribution has been altered for default airfiles

F003 : Callsigns are set to Airwave 1123 for all twotters, they now all have their reg. no. as callsign)

F004 : Hitting "gear up" causes the wheel version of the twotter to crash on landing

F005 : Pitch with power change, reduced in effect

F006 : Flugverlag typo solved

Gauges:

G001 : Avionics switch placement

G002 : Lamps.cab edited to remove dependency of avionics switch**

G003 : 100 torque gauge calibration

G004 : Oil temp gauge mismatch

G005 : Beta lights doesn´t extinguish before 80% throttle movement *

G006 : Request for default GPS 2D popup

G007 : Panel.cfg´s clean up for reminicent 2D popup items from testing phase

G008 : Marker beacons needs to be added.

G009 : 2D panel for Autopilot (small one) has been added per request from customers

G010 : Fuel level annunciator lights mixed around

G011 : glide slope indicator added to HSI

Exterior model issues:

E001 : Propeller wobble on some models

E002 : Float front gear viewpoint changed to tail view

E003 : Winair paint error

E004 : Nav lights mixed on Chilean twotter

Interior model issues:

I001 : Misaligned knobs on modern radios and GPS

I002 : Beta range lights L and R are mixed around

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

YESSSS. Glide scope. Thank you so much Aerosoft. This is why more and more of my money is going to your company. I have a solid trust in your company because quality support is given high priority. Excuse me please, but I think I see a Boxer / Seahawk that caught my eye.

• Aerosoft
YESSSS. Glide scope. Thank you so much Aerosoft. This is why more and more of my money is going to your company. I have a solid trust in your company because quality support is given high priority. Excuse me please, but I think I see a Boxer / Seahawk that caught my eye.

Hooo hoooo that's one in black, in progress not done yet.

• Aerosoft

Hi,

Does that cover the issue with both engines drawing fuel from the forward fuel tank only, with the selector in the center position?

http://www.forum.aerosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=15852

Hooooo that's a new one, we understood your report as a problem with the caution lights, not with the fuel selector switch.

Yea, support here is great, and I have the Boxer/Seahawk, another must buy, Its great, and the only copter I fly now. Cant wait for update, but love the Twotter already, even without the update, already one of my fav. planes.

Great news and support!

Any repainters out there looking for a project, I'd love to have Air New England and Executive Airlines, we need some US carriers (300 model) ! :-)

I'd do it myself but I am clueless about using a paint kit!

Hooooo that's a new one, we understood your report as a problem with the caution lights, not with the fuel selector switch.

Sorry, I know it's a sin to put two issues in the same posting. The caution lights indicate the wrong tank and the reason the caution came up at all was because both engines were running off the same tank with the selector centered and so the tank ran dry.

Most likely related to the gps fuel calculation issue reported by azflyboy here (fifth post from the bottom or so): http://www.forum.aerosoft.com/viewtopic.ph...el&start=20

Tom

From the testing that i have done, the Fuel tank selector seems to be working as shown below at present.

Aft_______Fwd______Aft

__________I_______/_

__________I______/__

__________I_____/___

__________I____/____

Sorry for the crap diagram :oops:

Mathis,

Yes, the selector itself has an issue. Please see my post in the Twin Otter issues thread. In sum, the selector switch visually shows it is in the normal setting but you cannot manually start the engines because no fuel is pumped to the engines.

I determined this issue with the selector by doing a test. Without cycling the fuel selector I tried to start the left engine and/or right engine. The starter cycled several times without success. With the starter still engaged I cycled the fuel selector either direction and suddenly the engine would start.

If you cycle the fuel selector any at all, then the issue is solved. So it seems to be something in the initial setting that doesn't match the visual indication. In a very detailed observation, I noticed you cannot actually select the tanks off.

Also, Mathis, I see nothing in that list about the prop feather issue. The props windmill when the engine is shutdown in flight. Can this be fixed also?

Ken

• Aerosoft

Sorry, I know it's a sin to put two issues in the same posting. The caution lights indicate the wrong tank and the reason the caution came up at all was because both engines were running off the same tank with the selector centered and so the tank ran dry.

Most likely related to the gps fuel calculation issue reported by azflyboy here (fifth post from the bottom or so): http://www.forum.aerosoft.com/viewtopic.ph...el&start=20

Tom

No, it's a FSX bug, we just need to 'call' the tanks different. Rather stupid, this is the second time I forgot, the BeaverX has the same issue. For some reason FS will ALWAYS clean out the Center2 tank before any other. Will be solved.

May I ask (and don't get that wrong) what "before the weekend" means? Does Aerosoft work saturdays? Or is that prelimenary patch planned for today? Thank you again for your dedication. Some of the green fixed would be very welcome and make the Twotter better than it already is.

May I ask (and don't get that wrong) what "before the weekend" means? Does Aerosoft work saturdays? Or is that prelimenary patch planned for today? Thank you again for your dedication. Some of the green fixed would be very welcome and make the Twotter better than it already is.

Not that you are in any way impatient, right :D

hello,

i missing a DME-Indicator and a VOR2 indicator because the Otter have two Nav receivers but only one Nav indicator the HSI!!!!

A DME is very important thats i mean in Both versions of the Otter (GPS/NON-GPS)

Thank you........

you can make a Inverter-switch or Bleed-air switch???These buttons are Dead!!!!

Gauges:

G008 : Marker beacons needs to be added.

G011 : glide slope indicator added to HSI

Thank you for the quick fix! Really great! I´ve just one request: will it be possible to keep a non GPS version of the VC as it is without the marker beacons, a glide slope indicator, DME-Indicator, etc. I´d like to keep my really "basic" equipped Twotter without all this stuff.

I know it´s difficult to satisfy 1000 different requests and wishes but I hope you´ll find a chance to keep one VC version "basic". I know I could make a backup from the current version but I think that there will come some more updates and so I´d like to get the normal fixes without getting more equipment.

Thanks again for the quick update!

F001 : Problem tuning standby freqs solved

You can now swap the comms frequency ok, but the Nav frequencies cant be swapped. You can change frequency on the standby side but you cant move them over to the active location with the swap button. This now makes Nav tuning impossible. oops.

I was able to tune the feg fine, did not use the swap option. I somehow was able to highlight the left side freq, and tune this, and it worked fine, but would like to see the swap feature work as normal.

Also, other fixes listed seemed to work great sofar. Thanks very much for the popup 2d windows for the AP, and GPS. Since I have a dual monitor setup, makes it very nice to have those active on secondary window. Thanks for the fixes on this, sure this will be my primary plane for sometime now.

• Aerosoft
hello,

i missing a DME-Indicator and a VOR2 indicator because the Otter have two Nav receivers but only one Nav indicator the HSI!!!!

A DME is very important thats i mean in Both versions of the Otter (GPS/NON-GPS)

Thank you........

you can make a Inverter-switch or Bleed-air switch???These buttons are Dead!!!!

Important, yet many (if not most) Twotters come without a DME. The aircraft has two nav/com sets because it needs two radios, in my own aircraft I got the same setup. Please understand that most Twin Otters are equipped as our 'standard' model, no DME, no GPS, no glideslopes, single mode transponder etc. It's not a small Airbus or large Cheyenne but basically a bush aircraft these days.

We will look at inverter or bleed air, but we left them out initially because they don't do anything that is modeled in FSX. We do not pressure the cabin, FSX does not care about a heated cabin (no variables for that), wing de-incing is not modeled. So making the switch work would be just that, a switch that moves. We have always avoided just making switches that go click.