Varnes P3Dv5 issue

F1le

The only one airport I have troubles with after switching to P3Dv5 and reinstalling all sceneries ... Looks this :

1/ Orbx FTX Norway installed

2/ Updated to 1.0.6.0 version using Aerosoft Updater

3/ Configured properly :

Please login to display this image.

4/ Looks like this ... Have zero idea ... When I copy old one from P3Dv4 it works fine, but seeing those "X" too.

Any help and what to change guys?

• Deputy Sheriffs

Do you still have the old SODE xml files in C:\ProgramData\12bPilot\SODE\xml
v4 and v5 are using a different set of files.

• Deputy Sheriffs
6 hours ago, F1le said:

What is the name of the file I should look for in this folder?

C:\ProgramData\12bPilot\SODE\xml

Remove any file containing ENVA. Then reapply  the settings via configurator, to restore the current files.

• Developer

Just to add to what Bob said, if you want to have both the P3Dv4 and P3Dv5 version of the scenery installed both needs to be updated to the version 1.06.

The latest P3Dv4 version of the scenery has it's own installer, "AS_TRONDHEIM-VAERNES-X-V2_P3DV4_V1060.zip "

Don't have P3Dv4 anymore it's uninstalled only P3Dv5 left but true SODE folder left. ENVA is only P3Dv5 and updated to 1060. As @masterhawk told I removed all XML files from C:\ProgramData\12bPilot\SODE\xml containing ENVA reaplied settings via configurator and red "X" vanished but elevation problems still exists. Think it's more related to FTX Norway elevation problem?

• Deputy Sheriffs

Most likely a libray problem, as Jo is writing. 
Have you set the insertion point in the ORBX configurator?

Will be large one, but I can say that ENVA is on the beginning of the scene library (#9) and ORBX is way way way below it :

Could you tell me if and what files in FTX Norway should be turned off? I restored FTX Norway in ORBX tool, don't seeing any files "off" in its folders, applied setting on ENVA confirming I have FTX Norway and still not seeing it's "offing" any files from FTX Norway.

Turning On/Off FTX Norway doesn't make any changes anyway... but if I copy P3Dv4 old version and deactivate this one P3Dv5 ... Yeah this one will work OK... Strange.

This is P3Dv4 version (copied to P3Dv5 from my old P3Dv4 - did backup of all sceneries in case of troubles) ... also SODE removed, push configuration and applied settings and red "X" are here but scenery works fine. 

Full reinstalled P3Dv4 1.6.0 version ... with no red "X"es and all works fine. Maybe again I should put P3Dv5 again, but I'm exhausted. Will keep this version for P3Dv4 hope it's not any issue ...

• Developer

There's no structural difference between the 1.6.0 P3Dv4 and v5 version so if the P3Dv4 version of the scenery loads without any problem I don't see any reason why a clean reinstall of the v5 version should not work.
The red X would only show if you mix the different versions of Trondheim, so installing the v1.4.0 and v1.6.0

Maybe I mixed something, cleared SODE, reinstalled using P3Dv4 full 1.6.0 version on P3Dv5 and all problems gone. 

Archived