Jump to content
Mathijs Kok

>> Aerosoft official retail partner for Microsoft Flight Simulator <<

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Peter9725 said:

I don't doubt the willingness or quality of Aerosofts customer service. That is not my point. I just had hoped for a more elegant authentication solution.

 

 

To be clear, so did we. But things are as they are.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, sooner said:

 

If that is the case, I am cancelling my pre-order of the Premium Deluxe also.

Cmon guys... It is 2020 > DVD check at Install, okay but every time? What is the Key for then?

 

This is something Microsoft insisted on. Not our choice.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
vor 8 Minuten, Mathijs Kok sagte:

 

This is something Microsoft insisted on. Not our choice.

 

Okay, thats sad to hear.

This is unfortunately a clear "no go" for me to purchase the boxed version.


Thanks for your answers Mathijs.

 

Regards

Marcus

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mathijs Kok said:

 

This is something Microsoft insisted on. Not our choice.

 

Unbelievable Microsoft insisted on this. I am sorry to say I will have to cancel my pre order as well although Aerosoft is not to blame for this. Too bad because the box sure looked good and I always like a printed manual and physical copy of a game but keep inserting a DVD is going to annoy me eventually.

Thanks for being honest about this..

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't believe the argument with Microsoft too.

If I have to use an x-boxaccount, the game is saved there for me already after putting in my redeem-code, like other MS-addons like windows or office in my MS-account too . So why do I have to put in DVD 1 in addition? That's not very clear.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guys, very simple, this is a decision by Microsoft, no sense to discuss it. 

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe it will be possible installing the sim only via a digital copy, which is included in the box too hopefully so I don't have to touch the DVD's at all, using the box as Accessoire for my shelve only? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Der Merowinger said:

Maybe it will be possible installing the sim only via a digital copy, which is included in the box too hopefully so I don't have to touch the DVD's at all, using the box as Accessoire for my shelve only? 

 

We are not sure but we do not believe so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
vor 20 Stunden , Hans Hartmann sagte:

What would be the point of running a simulator offline that relies heavily on streaming scenery data?

 

It was advertised that there is "offline data" when your internet connection fails or is too weak. I don't see a problem if it checks from time to time, but a game that is refusing to start just because the PC is offline is just idiotic behaviour by MS IMO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, mlinecker said:

 

It was advertised that there is "offline data" when your internet connection fails or is too weak. I don't see a problem if it checks from time to time, but a game that is refusing to start just because the PC is offline is just idiotic behaviour by MS IMO.

 

Okay then this is not the simulator for you, sir. 

 

In our latest market survey (120 people) we did not find a single one who used P3D on a system that is not connected to the Internet. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I opened a ticket 6 hours ago asking for a refund. Why has it not been responded to? You can't be that busy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, tinblue said:

I opened a ticket 6 hours ago asking for a refund. Why has it not been responded to? You can't be that busy.

 

We always try to reply within 24 hours sir and most of the people in our offices have gone home already. And actually we are incredibly busy at this moment. We will reply to you tomorrow for sure.  Don't worry please.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How long will it take until aerosoft will have their own Airbus A320 ready for the new MS simulator ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Pilovalais said:

How long will it take until aerosoft will have their own Airbus A320 ready for the new MS simulator ?

 

Sorry, I am not willing to make a my statements regarding schedules. What I can say is that we are hard at work and that we do not want to 'port' project with the minimal feature set (otherwise it makes a lot of sense to stay with P3d V4 or V5). We want to use the sim fully with all features.  But so far I am pretty happy with all progress.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Am I reading this correctly.  Boxed version or download I must be connected to the Internet all the time?  Problem for me as I have built my own 737-800 for FSX and my Lan is used in a network to connect to other P.C.'s through a Hub - ProjectMagenta etc running instrumentation.  I only connect to Internet for updates etc. in the Sim. room.

 

Thanks

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dear,

 

I pre-ordered the premium deluxe version like many people here I presume because the box looks great and has a collector aim.
However, I understand Now that the DVD must always be in the drive which is completely annoying.  I also assume it's too late to change that as we are close to The release and it is very likely that DVDs are already printed with this restriction.
 

I'm close to canceling my order now due to this unfriendly feature.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Selkan said:

Am I reading this correctly.  Boxed version or download I must be connected to the Internet all the time?  Problem for me as I have built my own 737-800 for FSX and my Lan is used in a network to connect to other P.C.'s through a Hub - ProjectMagenta etc running instrumentation.  I only connect to Internet for updates etc. in the Sim. room.

 

Thanks

 

As far as we know MFS checks your XBox account on startup. If this turns out to be incorrect  we will inform you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Selkan said:

Am I reading this correctly.  Boxed version or download I must be connected to the Internet all the time?  Problem for me as I have built my own 737-800 for FSX and my Lan is used in a network to connect to other P.C.'s through a Hub - ProjectMagenta etc running instrumentation.  I only connect to Internet for updates etc. in the Sim. room.

 

Thanks

 

Come on people. It has been stated since more than a year now and explained clearly by Microsoft that the game will rely on the World Bing Map Library which will be streamed constantly during the game. The whole game will depend on a cloud based streaming Map Library. Therefore, it's obvious that it'll require a constant internet connection.

 

You had to live in a cave not to know that.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Ysh said:

 

Come on people. It has been stated since more than a year now and explained clearly by Microsoft that the game will rely on the World Bing Map Library which will be streamed constantly during the game. The whole game will depend on a cloud based streaming Map Library. Therefore, it's obvious that it'll require a constant internet connection.

 

You had to live in a cave not to know that.

 

It doesn't rely on it at all. It benefits from it. It was confirmed a long time ago that it will have an offline mode. AI traffic is even coded to kick in when realtime traffic is unavailable due to loss of internet. Do you think the 90gb of data on the 10 DVD's is scotch mist?

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
vor 1 hour , Mathijs Kok sagte:

Okay then this is not the simulator for you, sir. 

 

In our latest market survey (120 people) we did not find a single one who used P3D on a system that is not connected to the Internet. 


No need to get lordly against a customer here.

I can use P3D without an problem if there are problems with internet connection. Looks like people are spoiled because connection problems are rare these days, but there are some on occasions.

Whats with that offline-mode ASOBO always advertised for users with low bandwidth? All just false promises or attempted deception?

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mathijs Kok said:

 

As far as we know MFS checks your XBox account on startup. If this turns out to be incorrect  we will inform you.

This would be the expected behaviour seeing how integrated with web functionality the simulator is.

 

What I take issue with is the fact that I would need to insert the DVD #1 in the drive each and every time the simulator is to start, which seems rather useless since it works in conjunction with a web account anyway which would be more convenient to check the activation status anyway.

 

Seeing also that most new computers, even desktop ones, do not feature an optical drive at all it seems a bit silly to require such a step: as others have mentioned it's one thing to connect an optical drive for the installation, but another to leave one permanently attached.

 

This is less of an issue if the boxed version enables one to download the "normal" version, but if this isn't possible I'll also be considering a refund. I'm not sure much can be done on your end but please forward this feedback to MS, if possible.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope this isn't something that is being lost in translation. Mathijs Kok seems quite vague about the issue. Throughout the conversation switching from 'it needs to check the DVD' to 'it needs to connect to xbox live'. Which is it? I hope it's not a misunderstanding on what we are taking issue with here because it's loosing them sales on what might actually be a non-issue.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, mlinecker said:

Whats with that offline-mode ASOBO always advertised for users with low bandwidth? All just false promises or attempted deception?

Any source for this promise? And have you asked this at the Microsoft  Flightsimulator page?

While I understand the disappointment of some people regarding the online "mode", I do not understand the discussion here. The rules are made by Microsoft and not by Aerosoft. So talk to Microsoft and stop this discussion here as it doesnt lead to anything.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, mlinecker said:


No need to get lordly against a customer here.

I can use P3D without an problem if there are problems with internet connection. Looks like people are spoiled because connection problems are rare these days, but there are some on occasions.

Whats with that offline-mode ASOBO always advertised for users with low bandwidth? All just false promises or attempted deception?

 

Low bandwidth is something totally different than not being connected to the internet at all.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, mlinecker said:

No need to get lordly against a customer here.
I can use P3D without an problem if there are problems with internet connection. Looks like people are spoiled because connection problems are rare these days, but there are some on occasions.
Whats with that offline-mode ASOBO always advertised for users with low bandwidth? All just false promises or attempted deception?

 

I am sorry you felt offended by my post, not intended by me. The offline mode means that you are not getting real time traffic, real time weather or some of the petabytes of data that is streamed. 

If you do not need this, do not want this, or if you believe that MS/Asobo deliberately deceived you, I strongly recommend you stay with P3D. It is a fantastic sim that we'll keep on supporting.  As I said in that case this is simply not a product for you. That happens and that is no problem to us in any way. As I written many times, we do not decide, we make the add-ons for the simulator that customers use. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...