We got a new video from World of Aircraft: Glider Simulator and are asking for some alpha/beta testers! Check this post.

 

Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Hello Guys,

I have just bought today a320-321 professional from simmarket. I downloaded without antivirus plus added to exception all folders like mine a330. I flue from budapest to gatwick at 34000 feet. I got a heavy turbulence and the plane started to loose the speed and obviously descending. Do you have any solution for this?

Thanks your help

Attila Barat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, atesz76 said:

Hello Guys,

I have just bought today a320-321 professional from simmarket. I downloaded without antivirus plus added to exception all folders like mine a330. I flue from budapest to gatwick at 34000 feet. I got a heavy turbulence and the plane started to loose the speed and obviously descending. Do you have any solution for this?

Thanks your help

Attila Barat

 

Is it something like this?

 

"Basically what happens is that at some point during climb or cruise, the engines loose some thrust and Alpha Floor is reached, followed by the aircraft descending a bit and then TOGA LOCK, and if the pilot does not intervene (is not at the computer) the aircraft climbs to around FL400. I've only experienced this after reaching cruise level."

 

If not then it's something else, but if so then there are three threads for this issue:

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I need to reinstall because the elevator moving up and down by itself on the ground. Can one of the livery cause this? I added couple of new one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Standard weather engine?

I use asp3d. a320 works but a321 doesn’t.

Hi,

Let me do couple test than I an getting back to you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have tried again but no luck. I was climbing from Budapest to Frankfurt. Everything went well on 35000 feet the plain started to loos speed and altitude as before. 

Dave I appreciate your answer but this problem not exactly same . Something wrong with the turbulence handle part. But i am just guessing. 

Thanks your help.

 

Attila 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You should lower the the settings in ASP3D. The default turbulence settings are way to much.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, masterhawk said:

You should lower the the settings in ASP3D. The default turbulence settings are way to much.

Alright I will try it and I will do a test flight without asp3d because that just a beta version 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just to add to this:

 

Using A330 1.0.2.0.

P3D 4.5 HF3

Active Sky for P3Dv4

Stock turbulence ( Maximum wind turbulence = 100, Turbulence effect scale at 70)

 

Was coming in to Honolulu when I hit fairly heavy turbulence on approach (below 10,000ft, <250 kts).  Throttle seemed to "quit" (ie; no thrust, although the engine displays looked like autothrottle was commanding a thrust increase because there was a green arc present; by this I mean the semi-circled arc showing what I believe to be the difference between commanded and actual thrust, if that makes sense)

 

I tried to manually intervene by using the thrust levers, but they suddenly did not work (controllers did not move animated thrust levers anymore).  I went into TOGA LK and stalled.  I also tried disengaging the A/T button, but that didn't work.  The only thing that seemed to move the throttles was using the F1 to F4 throttle keys on the keyboard.

 

 

Prior to 1.0.2.0 I generally experienced too much  airspeed, with the A/T not allowing speed to bleed off.  I could intervene in these cases with manual throttle.

 

Do we have suggested turbulence settings in Active Sky for the A330?

 

Thanks,

 

Daniel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Hello

the latest version of the A320 / A321 is almost unusable in terms of weather. it is far too sensitive to turbulence in general, so much so that the autopilot deactivates itself constantly. The plane soars or descends. I have never encountered this problem with other planes.

jean-Marc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, papounet57 said:

 

Hello

the latest version of the A320 / A321 is almost unusable in terms of weather. it is far too sensitive to turbulence in general, so much so that the autopilot deactivates itself constantly. The plane soars or descends. I have never encountered this problem with other planes.

jean-Marc

 

The latest version for P3Dv4.5HF3?  Can  you please use the ASUpdater to get the actual version number?

 

Also, can you please copy the ActiveSky "Prepa3d3DOptions.cfg" file and past it in your reply?  The file is located at:  C:\Users\[YOUR USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Hifi\AS_P3Dv4\Options folder.

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, papounet57 said:

HELLO 

 

copy the ActiveSky "Prepa3d3DOptions.cfg is here

 

thank tou

 

jean-marc

Prepar3DOptions.CFG 1.03 kB · 0 downloads

 

Yeah, wow!  You're settings are absolutely horrible for flying airliners.  Maybe, and I mean MAYBE okay for a General Aviation aircraft on a clear day, but most anything else and... well, pretty terrible.

 

Anyway, I'm sure that's at least part of the problem you're having.

 

Below are the settings in a config file which I've posted here in our forums for quite some time and it's corrected the issue you're having for many of our forum members.  I believe they will not only be better on your frame rates but far more realistic as well.  Place the file in the same place as your original configuration file, start ActiveSky, select Options, and the User Presets and then select the file and restart ActiveSky.  You should be fine after that.

 

You might want to give some consideration to joining and becoming active in the Aerosoft Flight Sim Community, where you'll learn a lot about flight sim from our classes held in our virtual classroom and from other members, but know ahead of time the classes, special meetings, special events, shared cockpit/Connected Flight Deck with members and special discounts are only for active members so if you don't have the time to join us at least once a week I would skip it.

 

Best wishes!

 

 

Aerosoft CFD Settings V1.1.zip

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

thank you so much

I will use your settings and make an airbus flight as soon as possible

have a nice week end

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/29/2020 at 5:53 PM, DaveCT2003 said:

Below are the settings in a config file which I've posted here in our forums for quite some time and it's corrected the issue you're having for many of our forum members.  I believe they will not only be better on your frame rates but far more realistic as well.  Place the file in the same place as your original configuration file, start ActiveSky, select Options, and the User Presets and then select the file and restart ActiveSky.  You should be fine after that.

Best wishes!

 

Hi Dave,

May I ask something regarding your settings?

- Don't you thing downloading weather data every 5 minutes is a bit too often? I had noticed that the computer takes quite lot time for doing that, especially when the route consists of many WP. I personally use the default settings - 15 min and it works satisfactory.

- What about MaximumCloudLayers=10? It seems to be too much also, but I had not tested it. Honestly!

- All others are perfectly OK as per my experience.

Would appreciate your comments.

Thank you!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Goshob said:

Don't you thing downloading weather data every 5 minutes is a bit too often?

 

If you are flying jet aircraft at altitude (24,000ft plus) then no, I don't.  Your covering a LOT of ground very quickly around 80% plus the speed of sound.  Downloading weather every 5 minutes is the only way to ensure dynamic weather, especially if you're flying near or over mountains, oceans, costal regions, or other areas for which weather changes fairly often.  Moreover, neither my system, the 15 or so I maintained, and the systems of the 20+ guys I fly with ever notice weather injection - it's completely transparent to us.

 

18 minutes ago, Goshob said:

- What about MaximumCloudLayers=10?

 

Ah, that should be "5".  10 is a needless waste and generally speaking pretty unrealistic.

 

I hope this is helpful!

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Dave,

Thank you for the support! I was trying the settings today (except the number of cloud layers) and everything works really perfect.

We may talk about fps limiting sometimes, but this is not the right topic for it.

Have a nice weekend!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/29/2020 at 4:53 PM, DaveCT2003 said:

 

Yeah, wow!  You're settings are absolutely horrible for flying airliners.  Maybe, and I mean MAYBE okay for a General Aviation aircraft on a clear day, but most anything else and... well, pretty terrible.

 

Anyway, I'm sure that's at least part of the problem you're having.

 

Below are the settings in a config file which I've posted here in our forums for quite some time and it's corrected the issue you're having for many of our forum members.  I believe they will not only be better on your frame rates but far more realistic as well.  Place the file in the same place as your original configuration file, start ActiveSky, select Options, and the User Presets and then select the file and restart ActiveSky.  You should be fine after that.

 

You might want to give some consideration to joining and becoming active in the Aerosoft Flight Sim Community, where you'll learn a lot about flight sim from our classes held in our virtual classroom and from other members, but know ahead of time the classes, special meetings, special events, shared cockpit/Connected Flight Deck with members and special discounts are only for active members so if you don't have the time to join us at least once a week I would skip it.

 

Best wishes!

 

 

Aerosoft CFD Settings V1.1.zip 592 B · 10 downloads

Hi,

 

can you please tell me which folder and path this config file should be pasted into? 

 

Thanks a lot

 

Best

 

Saverio

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, saveriomangione said:

Hi,

 

can you please tell me which folder and path this config file should be pasted into? 

 

Thanks a lot

 

Best

 

Saverio

 

 

Sure thing.  It's just a few posts above this one in this thread, but you can also click the link below.

 

Best wishes!

 

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...