Jump to content

CL - Landing Lights - 1.0.0.6"


skwal
 Share

Recommended Posts

while I do like the way that Taxi lights were implemented, landing lights have a huge issue for me......

When started to move to runway pilot goes "lights on" and landing lights turn on...... - Good.

 

After I passed 10000ft, pilot goes "Lights off" ..... you hear lights turn off .... BUT a split second after that he goes "Lights On" again and landing lights turn back on.

Any time I try to turn off the landing lights (after 10000ft or while taxing to runway), he goes "lights on" and turns them back on. Tried it 3 times already, lights keep saying on and I cannot forcefully turn on them off.

 

Note: Issue is only to landing lights. Nose light and Runway lights are ok.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Deputy Sheriffs

OK and thanks for your information and the issue is confirmed. Unfortunately because of the holidays the change regarding the Landing Lights could not be thoroughly tested e. g. during a full flight. In the meantime I corrected the issue and please find the revised Checklist.xml attached. Please copy it into the folder ....\Documents\Aerosoft\Aerosoft A330 Professional\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft A330 Professional Base\Panel_Fallback\AB_Systems and replace the existing one.

 

May I ask you to change the subject of this thread into "CL - Landing Lights - 1.0.0.6" so that other users experiencing the same problem know where to look for a solution.

Checklist.xml

  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Hanse changed the title to CL - Landing Lights - 1.0.0.6"
  • Deputy Sheriffs
vor 48 Minuten, fungswat sagte:

Problem still exists after landing, keep voice out "exterior light"

 

Did you try it using the Checklist.xml file I provided in this thread some time ago? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Deputy Sheriffs
vor 5 Stunden , fungswat sagte:

Problem still exists after landing, keep voice out "exterior light"

 

OK, but then please explain the problem a little bit more in detail. Did you use the copilot? If not what were your settings for "Landing Lights" during the various CL's like Approach, Landing, when leaving the runway, After Landing and Parking...... When exactly this call started?

Regards,

Rolf

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Hanse said:

 

OK, but then please explain the problem a little bit more in detail. Did you use the copilot? If not what were your settings for "Landing Lights" during the various CL's like Approach, Landing, when leaving the runway, After Landing and Parking...... When exactly this call started?

Regards,

Rolf

The copilot was used, after exit runway, it perform after landing checklist. However, when it reach to the exterior light step, the copilot keep asking "exterior light". I try to switch the landing light off myself, but it doesn't work

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, fungswat said:

The copilot was used, after exit runway, it perform after landing checklist. However, when it reach to the exterior light step, the copilot keep asking "exterior light". I try to switch the landing light off myself, but it doesn't work

 

Hi

 

Is the landing lights stuck in their position?

 

Regards

Markus

Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, M4rk0 said:

Hi

 

Is the landing lights stuck in their position?

 

Regards

Markus

 

Yes, landing lights switch stuck in the ON position. I had the same problem in the last two flights. I'll try the CHECKLIST.XML posted above on the next one. Version 1.0.0.6 here too.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Cesco said:

 

Yes, landing lights switch stuck in the ON position. I had the same problem in the last two flights. I'll try the CHECKLIST.XML posted above on the next one. Version 1.0.0.6 here too.

OK, if that won't work then in the options menu in MCDU3 you could try to disable the checklist and enable it again.

 

Regards,

Markus

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Deputy Sheriffs

Hi,

I just checked and unfortunately cannot confirm the issue. After landing the EXT LIGHTS are set as follows: LANDING LIGHTS = OFF and NOSE LIGHTS = TAXI.  Please find attached the latest version of the CL and Copilot...... Those will be released with the next experimantal update - but to my knowledge include no changes to the light settings after landing.

 

Regards,

Rolf

Copilot.xml Checklist.xml

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Hanse said:

Hi,

I just checked and unfortunately cannot confirm the issue. After landing the EXT LIGHTS are set as follows: LANDING LIGHTS = OFF and NOSE LIGHTS = TAXI.  Please find attached the latest version of the CL and Copilot...... Those will be released with the next experimantal update - but to my knowledge include no changes to the light settings after landing.

 

Regards,

Rolf

Copilot.xml 220.69 kB · 0 downloads Checklist.xml 627.67 kB · 0 downloads

 

Thanks Hanse.

 

The problem in my case arises during takeoff. Landing lights are turned on for takeoff and after that are stuck in the ON postion. What happens in the landing phase is just a consequence of this. I do the entire flight with landing lights turned on. Last time it "unlocked" after turning off the engines at the gate.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Deputy Sheriffs
vor 28 Minuten, Cesco sagte:

The problem in my case arises during takeoff. Landing lights are turned on for takeoff and after that are stuck in the ON postion. What happens in the landing phase is just a consequence of this. I do the entire flight with landing lights turned on. Last time it "unlocked" after turning off the engines at the gate.

Try the above attached files and please come back if the problem still exists......

Regards,

Rolf

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I found out that may be the reason for the problem

 

When I descent to below FL100, it should switch on the landing light, however, even it voice out said "exterior light on" and I found the switch was in "on" position, but the landing light was not on actually

 

After landed and perform after landing checklist, the system will treat the landing light not "on" actually, so just keep shouting "exterior Light"

 

So I try another time, I try to switch off then on the landing light again when descent to FL100, the light was really on from outside camera, and all problem solved

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I just started another flight with the attached XML but I did not have the chance to test the landing lights stuff because I encountered the 10 knots bug on taxi not detected. I started taxi at dawn at LSGG default (7 UTC) after 1 hour of prepping the plane for a long haul flight (started the sim at 6 UTC) and now I'm on cruise after 40 minutes and I still have the RELEASE PARKING BRAKE AND INITIATE TAXING MESSAGE.

 

I believe I'll finish the flight on my own, but it would be nice to have a way to unlock the situation. Clicking on TAXING checklist or cycling the checklists only brings you back to the RELEASE PARKING step.

 

Thanks!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Deputy Sheriffs

Sorry, I am not able to reproduce the issue mentioned and it is completely new issue. Next time save the flight situation "Before Taxi" e.g. when the AFTER ENGINE START CL has been finished and the a. m. message appeared. Send me (maybe by PM) those relevant 5 files you find in  the folder ...\Documents\P3D v4 Files\..... and I will have a look into it.

 

Regards,

Rolf

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Hanse said:

Sorry, I am not able to reproduce the issue mentioned and it is completely new issue. Next time save the flight situation "Before Taxi" e.g. when the AFTER ENGINE START CL has been finished and the a. m. message appeared. Send me (maybe by PM) those relevant 5 files you find in  the folder ...\Documents\P3D v4 Files\..... and I will have a look into it.

 

Regards,

Rolf

 

Ok Hanse, will do that if it happens again. Maybe I'm wrong, but I've already read somewhere else here in the forums of people having the same issue. I also read someone of your team mentioning dawn and dusk related to the bug, as if something is different at those hours. That's why I mentioned the time of day in my post above. This is the second time it happened to me. First time I was testing the A330 and it also was a flight departing at dawn. I remember it very well, because I did it two times with the same configuration (place and time) and the issue came out both times.

 

Thanks for your support. I'm really enjoying the 330.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Deputy Sheriffs
vor 4 Stunden , Cesco sagte:

Ok Hanse, will do that if it happens again.

But please make sure that you installed the two files I preveiously attached to my answer of your previous comment.....

Regards,

Rolf

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi All,

 

First of all, liking the A330, nice learning curve to occupy my time...  I also have issue with landing lights no coming on when decending to FL010... the new files fixed the issue with the landing lights when climbing, so happy with that... but would really like to light on when decending to FL010 and to the runway on approach...

 

Thanks,

 

Faisal

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, Hanse said:

But please make sure that you installed the two files I preveiously attached to my answer of your previous comment.....

Regards,

Rolf

 

Hello Hanse. When it happened the last time, I already installed the two attached files you provided to test the landing lights stuff. The first time it happened I still was on a different experimental version, maybe 1.0.0.4, but not 1.0.0.6 for sure.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

My situation now is:

 

The attached files were installed, both checklist and Co-pilot were in use

 

When we descent to FL100, it perform checklist and switch on the landing light by co-pilot

 

So, in the overhead panel: Landing light switch (on)
At the exterior camera: Landing light (off)

My action: left click the landing light

After my action

overhead panel: Landing light (on) (remain un-change)

Exterior camera: Landing light (on)

 

At 2000ft, Co-pilot perform landing checklist and will say: exterior light "on"

Then I check the exterior camera landing light again, the situation as below


overhead panel: landing light (on)
exterior camera: landing light (off)
My action: left click the landing light

After my action

overhead panel: Landing light (on) (remain un-change)

Exterior camera: Landing light (on)

 

Conclusion: I have to manually left click the landing light so that the exterior camera will show the landing light on but it will switch off again at landing checklist after saying exterior light, and I have to left click the landing light again so that it becomes normal

 

Please have a look into this matter

 

Further more, when the A/C line up the runway at takeoff stage, it will not switch on the strobe light automatically.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Hanse locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...