Support overload. We are currently seeing 65% more demand for support then we normally see. We can only assume this is because more people are at home due to the corona crises. Our complete support staff is online and they are working flat out, but it will take some days before we can scale up resources. Please be patient.

Jump to content
tgcbraun

IAS going up for no reason and not bleeding off during approach

Recommended Posts

Same thing happened here: Liml.Speed  was fine on downwind and base leg .i then turned finals and speed went all the way up to 260 with full flaps  and gear down.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Me too- after a week since the release and already 3 updates I expected a better product from Aerosoft. Taxi speed- external lighting- CTD with EFB  remain an issue . I can appreciate this is a WIP but I sense that some responses from Aerosoft regarding  issues tend to blame the users . I have been a long-time customer for Aerosoft products but this is the first time I have chosen to voice my disappointment. Hopefully all these bugs will be resolved in the near future.

Just my 2 cents

 

Cheers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

TBH guys, your comments are pretty worthless until you provide as with the data we requested.

 

I myself did a flight yesterday with real weather (ActiveSky for P3Dv4) from EDDM to ENGM, with varying wind conditions on different FL and wind changing during approach and had no issues at all. All constraints, speed and alt, where met perfectly, no strange descend/speed behaviour at all.

 

So again, as long as you do not provide as with the requested data, we cant do anything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The issue is to understand what interferes with the A330. I have been flying the A330 everyday since the release and have no issue whatsoever with the speed control on approach nor any CTD. I I'd have the issue reported with the flight model before the update and also the issue with fuel prediction not the other ones ( no missing ring, no speed issue on approach, no CTD...). As for any new product, I thing Aerosoft needs as much info as possible about our configs to be able to identify what can interfere and find some remedial. I'm not saying that it is normal that issues appear in some environment but we can just blame the product and expect Aerosoft to guess on their own where the problem lies. If I look at the speed no decaying in approach for some users, it seems to occurs for some but not all the active sky users. Also I can read that it appeared for one with default P3D weather. But did anyone having the issue try with the calm weather (no wind, no turbulence... No phenomenon at all)?. Maybe the A330 reacts badly to some specific weather conditions and it would help Aerosoft if users affected would send as much details about the weather conditions when the issue occurs. Also it may be a coincidence and be due to other software installed in which case it would good for all users affected to send theirs full config (computer, hardwares, software installed) to try to find some common things to users affected.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, mopperle said:

TBH guys, your comments are pretty worthless until you provide as with the data we requested.

 

I myself did a flight yesterday with real weather (ActiveSky for P3Dv4) from EDDM to ENGM, with varying wind conditions on different FL and wind changing during approach and had no issues at all. All constraints, speed and alt, where met perfectly, no strange descend/speed behaviour at all.

 

So again, as long as you do not provide as with the requested data, we cant do anything.

 

So, reporting issues is worthless now...

 

I have actually stopped using the A330 until it improved, as I am not keen on having such issues after a long-haul flight. I am also not a paid tester, but rather a consumer who has bought a product that clearly has issues.

 

A screenshot has been shared on the first post showcasing my winds and throttle configuration and also a pretty clear description of the situation. This same problem has been now confirmed to be reproducible by multiple costumers.

 

I think the ball is now with Aerosoft to try to reproduce this. If someone else can offer that video, great!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, tgcbraun said:

 

So, reporting issues is worthless now...

 

I have actually stopped using the A330 until it improved, as I am not keen on having such issues after a long-haul flight. I am also not a paid tester, but rather a consumer who has bought a product that clearly has issues.

 

A screenshot has been shared on the first post showcasing my winds and throttle configuration and also a pretty clear description of the situation. This same problem has been now confirmed to be reproducible by multiple costumers.

 

I think the ball is now with Aerosoft to try to reproduce this. If someone else can offer that video, great!


Reporting issues is not worthless itself and we appreciate people reporting these issues so that we can investigate. However in some cases we simply cannot recreate the issue with our testers and while the issue might be obvious to you, it does not mean that it happens to everyone. Describing the issue is very valuable but sometimes we just need extra information to investigate the issue further. And while it gives us better idea that the issue might be broader the more users report it, without the extra information we have requested it just keeps repeating what is already known and doesn't get us any closer finding the root cause of the issue.

We would love to recreate the issue and have it fixed if there is indeed something wrong. But as I said, so far we have not seen this behaviour before so trying to recreate with trial and error is very inefficient and possible video and log files might give us better idea what is actually happening when the issue occurs so that we can recreate those conditions better.

Thank you for understanding.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Secondator said:


Reporting issues is not worthless itself and we appreciate people reporting these issues so that we can investigate. However in some cases we simply cannot recreate the issue with our testers and while the issue might be obvious to you, it does not mean that it happens to everyone. Describing the issue is very valuable but sometimes we just need extra information to investigate the issue further. And while it gives us better idea that the issue might be broader the more users report it, without the extra information we have requested it just keeps repeating what is already known and doesn't get us any closer finding the root cause of the issue.

We would love to recreate the issue and have it fixed if there is indeed something wrong. But as I said, so far we have not seen this behaviour before so trying to recreate with trial and error is very inefficient and possible video and log files might give us better idea what is actually happening when the issue occurs so that we can recreate those conditions better.

Thank you for understanding.


I do understand, thanks for the sensible comment. The scenario itself should not be that complicated to re-create, as it involves basically the aircraft not bleeding its energy off during approach. 
 

I will conduct additional flights in the next days and try to record a video if the issue happens again. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well I was one of those that expressed my disappointment with Aerosoft having had the same issues many others have experienced including the absence of external lights/strobes. Today I read a post by another simmer who mentioned that reinstalling Content fixed his light and strobe problem so I did the same and presto ….. all works now.

 

Hence my apologies to Aerosoft as the lighting problem had nothing to do with their plane.  

 

Cheers

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/14/2019 at 1:59 PM, mopperle said:

TBH guys, your comments are pretty worthless until you provide as with the data we requested.

 

I myself did a flight yesterday with real weather (ActiveSky for P3Dv4) from EDDM to ENGM, with varying wind conditions on different FL and wind changing during approach and had no issues at all. All constraints, speed and alt, where met perfectly, no strange descend/speed behaviour at all.

 

So again, as long as you do not provide as with the requested data, we cant do anything.

So what were your exact weather conditions?  You ask us for specifics and then make a general statement about how you flew with varying weather with no issues. How about you post your exact setup that users can replicate to see if we still have issue. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We now have seen very weird weather being inserted the sim and clearly our A330 is more affected by this then other aircraft, not sure why. Even in the videos posted here you sometimes see an 80 knots difference in wind one second to the next. Als setting the temperature on ground at flightlevels over 300 etc. We will insert more logging to capture that in more detail. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been facing the same problem today on my first A330 flight. Departure, cruise and decent went fine up to the point when I entered cloud layers on approach and final - quite clearly linked to in cloud turbulence and wake turbulence injected by the weather system (using ActiveSky).

The autothrust system absolutely went crazy at this point with the ECAM showing EPR changes from idle to full power in very short sequence obviously frantically trying to react to changes caused by turbulence simulation, and causing the speed to rise. Even when the IAS went far beyond the selected speed and eventually went into the red overspeed band the aircraft would not decelerate. Only after performing a go around and leaving the turbulence zone the autothrust managed to get back to the selected speed.

 

To me it looked like the autothrust logic totally overreacts in turbulence, and does so with higher priority than keeping the actual speed.

I understand that weather addons / p3d do weird and erratic things, but I have never seen this behaviour in any other complex aircraft addon, including the Aerosoft A320 family.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...