Drop in cruising speed

I am back with a new twist to my original post of the A319,A320 not following the fms route. UPDATE: I did get the aircraft to successfully follow a route from KCVG to KDTW but manually adjusting the altitudes and speed. I don't know what I am doing wrong. I have watched countless videos on flying the A319/A320; programming the fms, etc. The frustration level is slowly rising. Now the aircraft doesn't follow the fms for speed and altitudes.  Takeoff is fine until I switch on the autopilot, then the speed drops to the point that the A Floor warning comes on in the ND and stays on until I manual switch off the auto throttle and set the speed manually. This is also the case for following altitudes in the flight plan. I completed the flight only because I had to adjust the altitude to catch the localizer and glideslope.

I am running the latest version of P3D version 4 and the latest version of Aersoft's Professional bundle. I use Simbrief to generate the initial flight plan and then use Navigraph's Charts to check runways, approaches, SID's , STARS. Also use Sky Vector to double check the route. From Simbrief, I generate the OFP and download it for Aerosoft Airbus X (Since no Professional version exists). Could this be a reason for not following the route in fms or speed and altitude issues? Did Aerosoft change the format or somehow change the flight plan format?

At this stage, I don't know what else I can do. Flights are inconsistent, some will overshoot the runway because the aircraft did capture the localizer, other times the speed is way off.

I really don't want to delete and reinstall P3D or the Airbus'. I will attach my log files if that will help anyone.

ASC.log.txt CFD_Log.txt ECAM_Systems.log MCDUFPLNDataDes.txt Prepar3D.cfg.txt

2 minutes ago, Captain Fred97 said:

Could this be a reason for not following the route in fms or speed and altitude issues? Did Aerosoft change the format or somehow change the flight plan format?

No sir, they are the same.

I know of someone who had a similar problem some time ago, and for them it was solved by reinstalling P3D, which is very fast and painless.  You don't even have to reinstall your P3Dv4 addons.

Best wishes.

I am flying the A321 and it's doing the same thing. I have a screen shot of the cockpit. It's weird the aircraft will accelerate to the A Floor then loose altitude.

Here is a screen shot of the A321 doing strange things: will accelerate to the point of the A Floor warning comes on then the aircraft loses altitude and climbs again.

UPDATE: There is an update to both A319 and A320/A321 so I downloaded and installed it. I flew from Atlanta to my home airport of KDTW, at 35,000 feet and the aircraft DID follow the route and landed on the correct runway, HOWEVER, there was still an issue mid-flight with the airspeed dropping to AFloor level and the A319 started to lose altitude. I also use the Aerosoft fuel planner and generate a loadsheet. I use Simbrief and save the OFP to import into the fms. Could there be a conflict with the Simbrief flight profile and the A319 numbers causing this issue?  I use Simbrief's A319-100 profile. Both use the navigraph data for navigation so that shouldn't be an issue. The only other possibility could be my Cost Index setting. I use the setting in the OFP from Simbrief. Does the CI setting really matter that much? Still puzzled.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hello Fred,

Could you please post a screenshot when this happens. It would be great to have better overall view what is going on to help you. Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

I am flying the A319 in P3Dv4.5 take off and climb speeds are fine but after reaching cruising altitude the speeds drops considerably to just above the AFloor. I check the flight plan and it shows speeds much higher than what I am cruising at. I have to manually adjust the speed  in order to speed up the aircraft , has anyone have an idea of why the speed drops like this? Am I entering incorrect information or is the flight plan from Simbrief faulty?

25 minutes ago, Captain Fred97 said:

I am flying the A319 in P3Dv4.5 take off and climb speeds are fine but after reaching cruising altitude the speeds drops considerably to just above the AFloor. I check the flight plan and it shows speeds much higher than what I am cruising at. I have to manually adjust the speed  in order to speed up the aircraft , has anyone have an idea of why the speed drops like this? Am I entering incorrect information or is the flight plan from Simbrief faulty?

Shortly after we released the Airbus A320 Professional Series, we had a small cadre of customers who suffered the exact Managed Speed issue that you're describing.  We recommended that they try reinstalling Windows, and those who did never experienced the problem again.  Yeah, that's a lot of work, so what I would try is a Windows Repair followed by a Windows Update (if you don't keep it updated).  By the way, which version of Windows are you running?

What I can tell you is that relative to the number of people who purchased the Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 Professional, only a very, very few people reported this issue.  I have personally experienced it, but only in Connected Flight Deck and never in Single Cockpit flight (well over 250 flights), so this seems to me it's a system related issue.  To my knowledge, every single person who had this problem and reinstalled Windows no longer suffered this issue.

Fred,

In one of your other/new threads I recommended you put in a support ticket to have one of our experts pop onto your computer take a look at your system and installation.  That is the best next step in your situation.

• 4 weeks later...

I too am experiencing the managed speed issue. I flew LIPX-EGGD with no issues, turned around on the ground and flew EGGD-LIPX and the managed speed issue started later in the climb. I think it was after I was given a direct by ATC (as another user has previously reported). I am now in the cruise in selected speed, as every time I put it into managed the thrust idles.

Clearly there is some sort of bug, and I'd deem it unreasonable to suggest that customers should reinstall windows and/or their simulator. This problem has existed for over a year looking at the forum, and there appears to be no real solution and a lot of finger-pointing back at the customer.

I shall wait eagerly for a solution... either that or this thread will get locked like the others... 

Archived