strange "wiggle" while start and landing

DarkBasic

vor 6 Stunden , DaveCT2003 sagte:

If I'm reading that correctly, it looks like your CPU and GPU are both overclocked including your VRAM.

Yes, CPU is overclocked and I will test it with stock speeds next week, but usually the overclocking gave me a general performace boost.

But the GPU and its VRAM are stock.

The core clocks higher by itself when low temps allowing the speed (like turbo cores on intel CPUs).

The same goes with the VRAM, the nvidia design is 5500 MHz so my one clocks 100 MHz higher due to good cooling.

All fully automatic, all default, no manual clocking.

15 hours ago, DarkBasic said:

Yes, CPU is overclocked and I will test it with stock speeds next week, but usually the overclocking gave me a general performace boost.

But the GPU and its VRAM are stock.

The core clocks higher by itself when low temps allowing the speed (like turbo cores on intel CPUs).

The same goes with the VRAM, the nvidia design is 5500 MHz so my one clocks 100 MHz higher due to good cooling.

All fully automatic, all default, no manual clocking.

I understand.  Regardless of how good cooling is, overclocking can reach a point of diminishing returns and then a point where it's hurting instead of helping and this "point" is different or unique for each individual component on our boards.  I'd back everything down to stock (maybe leave your processor at 4.0GHz, at least at first) at least until you can find what's causing this.

20 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Randy, our calculations are done on a frame by frame base. That is by far the most efficient way and it makes it possible for us to get the framerate we need. We have used this for the last 8 years and we have seen posts like yours for every version of the add-on and the sim. But with your hardware, it simply should NOT be a problem, there is another factor in play.  For some reason, your framerate drops below what is needed (around 10 fps in cruise and 17 fps while doing complex stuff) and the FBW gets behind the curve. That only needs to happen for a second, if you see it in your framerate counter it most likely lasts 2 or 3 seconds. Keep in mind we sold tens of thousands of copies. If all these people had the issue you see these forums would look very different. 

I have helped a few people with these issues. Sometimes it is RAID driver in the bios that checks the disks every few seconds while there is no RAID system, often it is things like indexing of media files (why the hell do some tools do that every 10 seconds?), a backup tool that checks for changed files way too often. But it can be a lot of things. 

Thanks, Mahijs. I'll do some more experimenting and see if I can determine what is causing the momentary drop in frames. I'm pretty sure I still have the saved flight which showed the issue (takeoff/approach at Aerosoft's EDDF).

Randy

• Deputy Sheriffs
On 4/13/2019 at 2:29 AM, DarkBasic said:

Have you tried without the Turbo setting? I wonder if for some reason your CPU clocks lower while using the sim causing a quick drop of fps which could lead into the "wiggle" issue.

Archived