Mega airport Dublin

Joe.l

Evening all,

Just installed the Mega airport Dublin scenery and looks great :) one problem I do have though is when it is night time, the ground textures sort of look like they are missing or something and the lights seem to be being generated from the default scenery. I have attached photos to get a better understanding of the issue. They work perfectly well in the day. 

I am using FSX Steam with default Ireland scenery.

Regards,

Joe

One thing I should add is I had to install this as a generic FSX file not as FSX:Steam as the steam version didn't show up in scenery library etc...

Please login to display this image.

• Deputy Sheriffs
2 hours ago, Joe.l said:

not sure what you mean by HIGHMEMFIX=1

This is the one and only necessary tweak for your FSX.

Go to the folder "C:\Users\YOUR_USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX", open the file fsx.cfg with an texteditor (like notepad, do NOT use Word!), search for the line "[GRAPHICS]" and insert below the line "HIGHMEMFIX=1"

• Deputy Sheriffs

Make sure the edit Otto described is exactly as written between the quote marks. When you open FSX, uncheck the DX10 preview box, which follows up on the other suggestion by data63. Then restart the sim just to ensure everything is reset, take another look at the scenery and please report back.

vor 8 Stunden , Joe.l sagte:

DX10 is enabled and not sure what you mean by HIGHMEMFIX=1

if you are using DX10, are you using "Steve's DX10 fixer"? - if not go to DX9 and check again

but first try the "HIGHMEMFIX"

On 1/24/2019 at 7:02 PM, Walter Almaraz said:

As far I know "HIGHMEMFIX=1" is not necessary for FSX:SE, best option is uncheck DX10 box.

Absolutely correct!

Thanks for the reminder about this.  I've been away from FSX/FSX:SE for quite a few years now and I'd forgotten this!

Thanks again brother!!!  Great call!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for the late reply on this topic, DX10 being enabled seemed to be the problem, one question I do have though is, should the runway/taxi lights etc look like the default ones, thye seem very bloomy if that makes sense, more so than any other scenery I have?

Archived