Massive unstable A32x

maxro

In my last couple of flights with the A319, the A320 and the A321 I have changed views from the virtual cockpit to the locked outside view. When I "spawn" in the outside view, the plane becomes so unstable that in one flight, I lost 10000 feet in a couple of minutes, maybe 2, which leads to a massive FPM of -5000. The wings bank from left to right, the airplane dives and ascends. This isn't turbulence, as I can recreate this issue by going to the VC (and waiting until it "calms down") and switching back. The airplane flies normally once in the VC. 

As a temporary fix, I am not switching to the outside locked view. 

At time of writing, I am on the experimental update V1.2.2.1. 

vor 11 Stunden , Emanuel Hagen sagte:

And is that constant 32fps? No small drops, not even for half a second?

IMO it's almost impossible to have P3D to not drop below 18FPS for some split seconds from time to time.

I'm running a very strong computer and have an average of 40-50 FPS even with the AS Bus and Frankfurt professional, but I often have these split second drops to 6 or 7 FPS (it's always between 6 and 7 and I could not figure out what causes these exactly identical drops every 1-3 minutes but only when on ground) and I cannot do anything to prevent this.

The Bus should simply not freak out this way when the framerate drops for a second. Same issue with the ILS. The Bus immediately starts rolling to either side on the ILS when the framerate drops for a second when some objects are loaded from the approaching airport.

I know this is a simulator thing but this is not a good behaviour from the Bus as no other plane has this kind of issue with a short framerate drop. In P3D3 it has also been no issue so why in P3D4?

14 hours ago, Emanuel Hagen said:

And is that constant 32fps? No small drops, not even for half a second?

No, in most cases I have 32fps, but whenever I change views the fps drop to below 18, causing the unstable bus. 

2 hours ago, Meyerflyer said:

IMO it's almost impossible to have P3D to not drop below 18FPS for some split seconds from time to time.

I'm running a very strong computer and have an average of 40-50 FPS even with the AS Bus and Frankfurt professional, but I often have these split second drops to 6 or 7 FPS (it's always between 6 and 7 and I could not figure out what causes these exactly identical drops every 1-3 minutes but only when on ground) and I cannot do anything to prevent this.

The Bus should simply not freak out this way when the framerate drops for a second. Same issue with the ILS. The Bus immediately starts rolling to either side on the ILS when the framerate drops for a second when some objects are loaded from the approaching airport.

I know this is a simulator thing but this is not a good behaviour from the Bus as no other plane has this kind of issue with a short framerate drop. In P3D3 it has also been no issue so why in P3D4?

I too have a strong computer, but I locked my fps to 32, so that my scenery and everything else looks better. 

I didn't have the bus in P3Dv3, so I can't comment on this; however other planes do not have this kind of issue. 

Maybe the reason of the problem when changing to outside view is, that the detail of the outside model of the Aerosoft Bus is quite high with lots of details. But it should not escalate that much, when the framerate drops only for a second.

• Developer

We had a similar report on the CRJ forum. The customer posted a video which looked a lot like your description. In his case it turned out that he had Accu Feel by A2A Simulations installed which massively messed with the aircraft behaviour. If you have Accu Feel installed, disabling it before the flight might help.

• Aerosoft
On 1/7/2019 at 12:38 PM, maxro said:

No, in most cases I have 32fps, but whenever I change views the fps drop to below 18, causing the unstable bus. 

I too have a strong computer, but I locked my fps to 32, so that my scenery and everything else looks better. 

I didn't have the bus in P3Dv3, so I can't comment on this; however other planes do not have this kind of issue. 

Still the most likely cause is that your FPS drops for a moment (locking your FPS does not help with, in fact, it can cause it). And not a lot of aircraft calculate the flight model on a frame by frame base as we do so it is not surprising you will see this on this aircraft. On a Boing or something you would never see this.

Vor 1 Stunde, Mathijs Kok sagte:

Still the most likely cause is that your FPS drops for a moment (locking your FPS does not help with, in fact, it can cause it). And not a lot of aircraft calculate the flight model on a frame by frame base as we do so it is not surprising you will see this on this aircraft. On a Boing or something you would never see this.

Don't get me wrong but what is the advantage of doing it the Aerosoft way if the other sim planes do not have this issue and can perform, too?

3 minutes ago, Meyerflyer said:

Don't get me wrong but what is the advantage of doing it the Aerosoft way if the other sim planes do not have this issue and can perform, too?

The advantage is on the fly by wire side of things. There is no Boeing with a fly by wire like the Airbus has one. P3D itself does not simulate proper flight computers like they are needed for the Airbus.
Therefore the only solution (unless you want to get really fps intensive like some other planes) is to calculate computers reading the data on a frame by frame basis from the simulator.

"The advantage is on the fly by wire side of things"

I'm pretty sure the FSlabs airbus also is based on the fly-by-wire system that airbusses are known for, but I haven't heard complaint about that one behaving the way the Aerosofts do.

On 1/8/2019 at 7:50 PM, Meyerflyer said:

And not a lot of aircraft calculate the flight model on a frame by frame base as we do so it is not surprising you will see this on this aircraft.

Apparently there's no one who will answer the "advantage is on the fly by wire side of things, that I questioned, but how about the above quote then?

If other companies DOESN*T calculate the flight model on a frame by frame base, AND don't have any problems, why not take the same approach as they have, and then see if that gets rid of the unstability with frame drops?

• Aerosoft

Sorry, that would be utterly impossible at this moment of the development. We decided to go this way because it is light on resources. That is one thing that makes this complex aircraft so much easier on FPS then the FSL bus. 

Archived