Sign in to follow this  
Christian Bahr

P3D v4.4 PBR Test - Porsche Carrera GT PBR

Interesting thing with the new PBR material assignments in the P3D v4.4

At first I did not know how to bypass the material slots, but then by trying out no longer had an issue. Obviously, high-reflective surfaces benefit most from PBR, preferably planes, helicopters and vehicles etc. However, I have not yet created a plane to test the PBR materials. But I could take a Porsche Carrera GT from my Jena project for testing.

The first thing I noticed, that now also animated objects and also animated objects in the sky like airplanes, zeppelins are reflected in real time, that was not the case I think before.

Important are the material settings in the 3-D model

file.php?id=612

In 3dsm gives a real-time preview of the set PBR parameters

In the P3D, reflections are now also displayed curved

file.php?id=613

Not easily visible in the picture, but also the animated Blimp is mirrored in real time on the hood

Animated objects and their sub-animation (wheels) are mirrored

file.php?id=614

The dynamic lighting can also be rendered in real time

file.php?id=615

In the last two pictures there is a darkening of the sun remote side. I am not sure if there is a kind of ambient occlusion in the P3D now?!

file.php?id=616

The opposite side is dark

file.php?id=619

Who wants to test the Porsche or its new material settings, a short description and installation instructions are included in the zip archive:

P3Dv4.4 - Posche Carrera GT PBR

I hope you still working on this Project. Its an amazing vehicle if it wasn't for the lack of a VC it would be up there with the BMW form Hama. Keep the good work

Vor 1 Stunde, ETNWHVAC sagte:

I hope you still working on this Project. Its an amazing vehicle ...

It does not even succeed in simulating raindrops from the windows as programming gauges. And the focus is on the development of sceneries. Thanks for comparing with Hama, but you never know ... 😉

The porsche has been published in the meantime, it is part of the project Jena: Bahrometrix - Jena City