Windshield view

I am a new user of the CRJ 700/900 from Aerosoft.  I am finding that it is sometimes difficult or impossible to see the runway when landing. Is there a view without the instrument panel/windshield posts etc? Just a clear view forward. In my PMDG 737 this view can be achieved via the 2d cockpit view but I cant find a similar view in the CRJ.

Thanks

Martin

Hi Martin,

as long as your seat position is correct you should have a good view of the runway on approach.

If you are using a camera addon make sure that your seating position matches the default position. Unfortunately there are quite some camera addons which might change the default position to one which could make it hard to see something outside.

If you still encounter this problem please attach a screenshot of what your view actually looks like.

In the CRJ´s you can adjust the Cockpit view in small steps with the keyboard keys Crt+Arrow keys on Numpad (Umschalt+Pfeiltasten auf dem Numpad). Crt+Numpad 5 Center the view again.

Thanks for the suggestions. I have done a few more flights and find that if I keep a good glide slope on landing the view of the runway is fine. So my view problem before was due to my own inexperience in flying this aircraft.

Martin

Archived