Slow Climb and Inability to Maintain Cruise Speed

Hello,

While climbing to my cruise altitude of FL300 in the CRJ-700, my vertical speed was around 500fpm or less from around 15,000ft to cruise. While in cruise, the aircraft had trouble maintaining cruise speed of .74 mach. The thrust levers where in the climb detent for both of these scenarios and the N1 would not exceed 79.9%. The climb was made in speed mode. Takeoff weight was 63,477lbs.  Is anyone else experiencing this, or does anyone have an idea as to what the cause may be?

• Deputy Sheriffs

The next time you have this problem check if you get this ICE msg before engine start. If yes then just load the FUEL and CARGO again and there should be no problems with high drag during the flight anymore. 

Clicking "SET PAYLOAD AND FUEL" on the Payload & Fuel Page in DAVE should fix it. Unfortunately, FSX/P3D seem a bit reluctant to accept payload changes unless commanded multiple times (you can see that in FSX/P3D's own payload window - the total weight doesn't match the fuel + station weights in that case).

I'll try that. If i turn on all the de-icing and anti-icing equipment, the message disappears (as I imagine it should). Also, is there anything that can be done to prevent an erroneous ice warning? The flight I'm attempting isn't in an area that's favorable to icing at the surface.

Vor 1 Stunde, joecool324 sagte:

... While in cruise, the aircraft had trouble maintaining cruise speed of .74 mach. The thrust levers where in the climb detent for both of these scenarios and the N1 would not exceed 79.9%...

Hi joecool,

unfortunately, during cruise, you need to handle the speed manualy, because the CRJ does not have a autothrottle system.

See also:

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/125319-speed-ap/&do=findComment&comment=830027

vor 42 Minuten, Frank Docter sagte:

The next time you have this problem check if you get this ICE msg before engine start. If yes then just load the FUEL and CARGO again and there should be no problems with high drag during the flight anymore. 

On my machine this workaround does only work for about 15sec then the message does come back. 

You mean in rapid succession? Not wait until it comes back on again? I will give it a try after the vacation. Maybe it is fixed already in three weeks :D  

Archived