FlorenceX running at a solid 30 fps (even 68 fps!!)

• Aerosoft

012.jpg

Limited at 30 fps, smooth as butter on a hot day.

013.jpg

Unlimited showing 68 fps. Did you know professional Flight Training Devices require either 30 or 60 fps?

014.jpg

Unlimited and showing 45 fps. On final, nearly all settings to the right, the moment you need high fps.

Sure this is serious hardware (Intel E6700, 4GB, nVidia 8800 GTX, Windows Vista)

but also at serious settings (about mid/high, with scenery at "Very Dense" and autogen at "Dense).

With more moderate hardware you'll be able to keep a solid 20fps on the complete scenery.

What I personally would like to see is a screenie/small vid of a 30 degree turn over the city. If that still shows like 15fps I'm game. :) It's very important for me to get at least 15fps during turns.

Looks stunning, I'm still using the old Florence. Fun airport to fly into, let alone depart plus it's a beautiful city and not too far away from Pisa...another favorite of mine. :D

• Aerosoft
What I personally would like to see is a screenie/small vid of a 30 degree turn over the city. If that still shows like 15fps I'm game. :) It's very important for me to get at least 15fps during turns.

Looks stunning, I'm still using the old Florence. Fun airport to fly into, let alone depart plus it's a beautiful city and not too far away from Pisa...another favorite of mine. :D

Good point. Under FSX without SP1 this would lead to serious problems, but using FSX SP1 and a duo core CPU you will see the second core jump to 100% load and save you from single digit framerates. Let me ask Virtualli to upload an image here to show what I mean.

Allesandro Cucinotta and Virtualli really are at the summit of FSX optimalisation at this moment.

I'm sure you should be able to get this result with any decent hardware. I haven't noticed slowdowns during turns over the city.

If anything, when the city it's in view, the fps it's even higher than when it's not! This is because, regardless of how much the default autogen has been improved by FSX SP1, still it has a considerable impact on the frame rate.

Given the city it's all done in 3D, default autogen for the whole area occupied by the city it's excluded, hence, it can't do any damage...

I would love to show a video of it but, unfortunately, we have another problem: I never been able to capture with fraps at 50-60 fps, let alone encoding a video at that frame rate.

However, as Mathijs said, the product will use the same Try-before-buy method as used in Cloud9 products, so it would be even better, because instead of a video, anyone can try the real thing on its own machine, before buying it.

Yes I just read about the demo feature. That's awesome and I will certainly try that. I should be ok with my system I think. :)

Thanks for the quick reply both of you! :D

Addon Manager X doesn't have any problems right now, expecially considering it looks like you are using Windows XP.

There are minor issues in Vista, due to the DEP protection, that affects Flight1 module just the same, and can be solved (exactly like Flight1's) by turning DEP off.

The main problem with it it's that users often confuse Reinstallation with Reactivation. This issue is always resolved with a better explaination of how it works and once the user get the hang of it, it never has any further problems.

It never happened that the Addon Manager had to be patched or updated due to a fault in its activation procedure, also because the actual activation is not done by the Addon Manager itslelf, but by the Esellerate engine, that is used by thousand of shareware products, and it has been seriousely tested to be very reliable.

Also, I guess there would be less activation issue comparing to Cloud9, because I *think* Aerosoft would try to offer an higher number of activations, comparing to Cloud9. This means, it should be more difficult to run into activation issues due to hardware changes, etc. But it's better wait for Aerosoft official clarification about this.

As I've explained some times on Cloud9's forum, activation policy is not handled by the Addon Manager, instead, is decided by the publisher, and can specified on a product by product basis. So, if Aerosoft wants to offer better activation policies (es. more activations per license) than Cloud9, they surely can do it.

And, it's also a matter of communication and user support, which I'm sure it's something that Aerosoft excels at it. There's no such thing as 100% bugfree products and it will never will, the difference is in how each publisher is able to deal supporting users.

Virt, you may remember me (jaguarewe@emailaddress.com). I am having problems getting AMX to show up under the "Addons" section in FSX.

Can you please reply to the emails when you have time, thanks.

Can you please reply to the emails when you have time, thanks.

I've replied to you by email 3 times in the last 2 days, and from your replies, it looks like you read all the answers, the only message from you I still haven't replied to, has been sent today at 22:45, about 1 hour ago, and I think that getting support by email this late ( I don't know which time zone you are, but I assure you it's night in *my* time zone ), shouldn't be considered "normal"

Fortunately, you are the only one left that still can't run it, so I'm sure we'll eventually get to the bottom of this.

• Aerosoft
Addon Manager X doesn't have any problems right now, expecially considering it looks like you are using Windows XP.

There are minor issues in Vista, due to the DEP protection, that affects Flight1 module just the same, and can be solved (exactly like Flight1's) by turning DEP off.

The main problem with it it's that users often confuse Reinstallation with Reactivation. This issue is always resolved with a better explaination of how it works and once the user get the hang of it, it never has any further problems.

It never happened that the Addon Manager had to be patched or updated due to a fault in its activation procedure, also because the actual activation is not done by the Addon Manager itslelf, but by the Esellerate engine, that is used by thousand of shareware products, and it has been seriousely tested to be very reliable.

Also, I guess there would be less activation issue comparing to Cloud9, because I *think* Aerosoft would try to offer an higher number of activations, comparing to Cloud9. This means, it should be more difficult to run into activation issues due to hardware changes, etc. But it's better wait for Aerosoft official clarification about this.

As I've explained some times on Cloud9's forum, activation policy is not handled by the Addon Manager, instead, is decided by the publisher, and can specified on a product by product basis. So, if Aerosoft wants to offer better activation policies (es. more activations per license) than Cloud9, they surely can do it.

And, it's also a matter of communication and user support, which I'm sure it's something that Aerosoft excels at it. There's no such thing as 100% bugfree products and it will never will, the difference is in how each publisher is able to deal supporting users.

Thanks for the post Umberto. I can assure that we will have more relaxed settings than Cloud9 has. As long as the software is used by one person, we do not really care on how many machines it is installed. We sell to a customer, not to a machine.

[However, as Mathijs said, the product will use the same Try-before-buy method as used in Cloud9 products, so it would be even better, because instead of a video, anyone can try the real thing on its own machine, before buying it.

This is a very important factor and I thank you for including it in Aerosoft products :!: :D

• Aerosoft
VERY NICE!

Does it work with FS9?

Thanks.

Sorry, but no. These kinds of products are designed to make the core for our late 2007 and 2008 products and even now the commercial market for FS2004 add-ons is very limited. Put it this way, how many FS2004 add-ons you think we can sell in the 2008 holiday season?

• Aerosoft

Gents (girls), we were one fax from a release this afternoon but a few minutes to office closure for the weekend we had to delay. As soon as we got the fax we'll release, but this will not be before Monday morning earliest. Sorry!