P3D V3 - Blurry ground/Terrain Issues With Orbx.

Hi 

I have an issue with orbx and they dont know whats up can any of you guys help... it is the terrain is blury whatever i fly (Love to fly Airbus X into valencia X) but when flting int sceneries the terrein becomes blury/fuzzy and not in focus. 

I have looked in may fourums with no fix. LOWI - Orbx looks the worst with very low scenery quality. and mountains looking very much massive piles of mush with no real clarity aswell as textures poping in very close such as trees.

Another thing is when i put fps to unlimited i average 150-200fps even when Fxaa is disabled and settings high pics below.

Specs :

I5 6600 NON K overclock ( reverted to deafult speeds and put back up to 4.5ghz no difference)

8gb DDR4 2400mhz 

275gb SSD - Windows ETC

1 TB HDD - with P3d and Other steam installations.

Addons 

Orbx -Global 

Orbx - Open lc Europue with LOWI + Other freeware from orbx

GSX 

Airbus X 

Pmdg 747/777/737

ALLOT Of Sceneries. (In PIC)

Please help this has been going on for weeks with a complete reinstall and upgrade 3.2 reinstalled  and then deleted p3d and reinsalled latest version which was 3.4..

Do not have any tweaks.

Have Removed Scenery index terrain cfgs, Nvdia Inspector all of that jazz im just fed up of the scenery looking like a pixilated and mushhy mess.

Aswell pictures/buildings slowly load in in a WAVE Fashion 

Sorry new to this fourm if in wrong place sorry. 

And put way to mush evidence but every little helps :) 

Olivier 

Please login to display this image.

Have you tried resetting your settings to default? Locate your Prepar3D.cfg file (located in C:\Users\%YOUR_USER_ACCOUNT%\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3) and rename it to something like Prepar3D_cfg.old. Then start P3D. It will automatically create a new file with all the default settings. Before you make any changes, first see if things have improved. Most likely there's something faulty in your old (current) file and this gets reset when you start over.

Yes i have reset Shaders, Terrain.cfg ,Prepard3D.cfg and scenery.cfg have been reset more than i can remember as well as force migration in FTX Central + Turning off and on threads and diabling scenery +FTX Central Disabling and enablin the next few options : Vector Lights (dont have vector installed) Orbx Trees (Do Have Installed) and FTX Trees from FTX global none have worked :( Thx for the info 

ORBX products i have

Orbx GLobal FTX

Orbx - Open LC Europe

Orbx LOWI 

Orbx Freeware Pack (Europe + America ) 

hope this is any use to you as i have reinstalled p3d 3 times winch cleaning the registry and deleted all files linked with p3d and the fresh install from p3D v3.2.3 to 3.4.18.19475 made no difference and the scenery is blury no matter what addon airport i go (Aerosoft/Orbx/Justsim/Flytampa) Etc all the same as everything is crisb except terrain + NV inspector setting have been tried and reset to deafults seems to be that repair on p3d makes no difference either :(  

OH AND NO TWEAKS EVER USED Except HIGHMEMFIX=1 and removing that did not effect it as i know of the affinity mask issue, and have always stayed away from it 

Yours Faithfully 

Olivier

Hi,

there is at least one issue: All OpenLC entries MUST sit below the other ORBX entries, i.e.

3rd party airports (Aerosoft, FlyTampa....)

ORBX Libs

ORBX Airports + Regions (will be automatically sorted within this block when you call FTX Central 3 once)

OpenLC EU

Besides, how can you get FTX LOWI on top of the list??? It's automatically arranged within the ORX block as soon as you install it and never leaves this place.

HIGHMEMFIX is useless for Prepar3d, this was an FSX issue which has been resolved under Prepar3d1 already (and FSX:SE, btw).

Kind regards, Michael

Hi,

I had the same problem a few months ago.

I have changed something in my prepar3d.cfg but I am not 100% sure to point this out now.

(there is a topic about the same problem)

I have to look on my own pc but this will be tonight and can send you the link........

34 minutes ago, LionAir said:

Hi,

I had the same problem a few months ago.

I have changed something in my prepar3d.cfg but I am not 100% sure to point this out now.

(there is a topic about the same problem)

I have to look on my own pc but this will be tonight and can send you the link........

Yeah i have deleted my CFG Countless times and reinstalled p3d no difference my guess is an nvdia driver issue as on the latest one i have funny flashes when loading YouTube and seems to be some settings becoming unresponsive in games, will do a reinstall of  NV drivers see what happens 

Thx For Info though everything i know doesn't work will hopefully show me the answer 

Also tried Defrag - No Effect whatoever :( 

Right i was just having a look at the sim and looked up on the panel of the 757-200 by captin sim any hints what the blurry here could be because of seems to relate to the orbx and other scenery issue. 

Just now, mopperle said:

In addition did you try to get help in the Orbx forum?

yes they said they dont know what it was they had a look applied my setting to there sim they think it was driver issue so that why im reinstalling the driver Nvidia but thats all they could think of as they said its a "very isolated case" and to be honest i dont blame them 

and i tried your HDR off with no affect :( + did windows update to see if that changed anything but it didnt :( 

2 hours ago, pmb said:

Hi,

there is at least one issue: All OpenLC entries MUST sit below the other ORBX entries, i.e.

3rd party airports (Aerosoft, FlyTampa....)

ORBX Libs

ORBX Airports + Regions (will be automatically sorted within this block when you call FTX Central 3 once)

OpenLC EU

Besides, how can you get FTX LOWI on top of the list??? It's automatically arranged within the ORX block as soon as you install it and never leaves this place.

HIGHMEMFIX is useless for Prepar3d, this was an FSX issue which has been resolved under Prepar3d1 already (and FSX:SE, btw).

Kind regards, Michael

Oh i added LOWI To the top to see if it was just that issue but it wassent aswell after that i ran migration again and the library is in order like you said thx for info 

Oh removed lowi from Scenery to re run migration with no change :( 

Will not be able to respond for next couple of days going abroad :) but please feel free to give responses to help will be back on 11th April :) thx for all the help so far appreciate it allot 

Hi, I found following and this has solved my (identical) problem.

I thought it was a couple of months ago, but is seems two years..................^_^

hopes it helpes, but you can give it a try

plse read the whole threat - good luck

Thx for all the replies to this topic am on holiday with school when return on Monday will try suggestions and let you know of it works ;) 

sent from my iPhone 

Olivier 

Archived