EDDF & EGLL Updates??

Terblanche

A couple of questions:

1. May I ask what is the status on an update for EDDF v2 that will be more VAS friendlier especially within FSX ...?
  2. Any update soon on AES to have jetways for EDDF ...?
  3. RE: EGLL - I have now downloaded this massive file twice from the vendor where I bought it and it is still v1 with no P3D3 installer. Even asked a friend of mine who bought it from another vendor and he also only has v1. Where do you find the installer for P3D3
  4. Last but not least, any fix on the 'flashing' ground textures at EGLL where it seems another layer of ground textures is underneath the top one? I have NO other EGLL scenery installed and the FTX UK is disabled while EGLL files are anyway disabled (off) in the respective folder. Seeing that this is the only airport doing it, it can only be a problem with the scenery.

Hopeful for a positive response

Sincerely,

Terblanche

vor 12 Stunden , flusi748 sagte:

1) Aerosoft always work hard for its costumers.

2) There will be a update for EDDF v2 which will include SODE (I think at least SODE 1.3.3/1.3.4 to let the jetways works with GSX)

3) The Aerosoft Mega Airport London-Heathrow Xtended have got a version which supports P3D v3 as well here:

http://support.aerosoft.com/index.php?action=show&dl=V5ErlQAHmJczjVTW7txyaL8RP4ikd%2FUF7vxO5LLl9hR2KBHiPrTyUFb1dOOttRZEOU%2F6NHP9CA0vx71NZ79yvsg9SWq9Ren2gyGoHynUMnVUsFqlTlx6FIiiUPtUSiFK

When I installed this version I had the option to select my simulator Prepar3D v3 (v3.2).

4) Have a look in one of my topics there is a solution (second post (#2)) for that problem:

I'm sorry, but are you in any way related to Aerosoft (more than being a customer)? I just ask because you sound as if you work for them (especially in your answer to question 1), while I doubt that. Terblanche's question was directed at the Aerosoft staff, though.

@flusi748 - thank you for the link to EGLL P3D3 ... isn't it strange that you should find this out via a forum and that Aerosoft can't mention it with the installer that you buy and download from vendors? Also, thank you for pointing me to AES 2.42b that you only find out after you downloaded it from Aerosoft's page because on the page it still says 2.42a ... but I have it now and EDDF is activated.

Anyway, that is now sorted out. Is EDDF still on v2.08 or has that also been updated?

RE: EGLL ground textures - I've looked everywhere for your post on solving EGLL ground textures and can't find your solution ...? Even tried under your profile, but no luck. All I read on the forum is a clash between FTX UK and Aerosoft's EGLL. For the UK2000 airports that I have, I've turned them off in FTX as well as EGLL ... as a matter of fact, I don't even have FTX UK on anymore except when I fly VFR with small aircraft because since ORBX's new FTX Central that merges the scenery, the ground textures are spectacular without loading even more in the already impotent VAS limitations. Will appreciated any tips, tweaks, or fix for the flashing ground textures.

Have a great weekend!

Greetings from Cape Town.

6 hours ago, flusi748 said:

Oh sorry, I thought you have problems because of the lights (HDR-Layer) ... In your case I would ask you if you have P3D v3.3 ? If this is the case then you probably haven't got the latest fix P3D v3.3.5 from Lockheed Martin?

I'm flying FSX for all my airline flights, simply because only 10% of all my airports are supported in P3D and I'm too tired to go through the abortion of trial and error again of forcing scenery for FSX to work within P3D. All my ORBX Terrain Scenery are installed in P3D and love to do some VFR flying through all the FTX terrain scenery that are available.

The only 'problem' with EGLL (besides the massive FPS hit) is the flickering ground textures as if another layer is just below and it isn't the default scenery because of the markings and textures that you see for a split second. It's very strange indeed. I've tried different mesh settings and I don't have any other mesh scenery installed and as a rule only my departure and arrival airport are activated in scenery.cfg

Don't know if it is fixed in P3D3 but it is definitely an Aerosoft scenery problem for FSX. Also haven't installed P3D3.3.5 yet because I don't feel like installing ALL the ORBX stuff again.

@737MAX - the only way I could manage to land at EDDF with a pretty decent PC with more than enough power for any other scenery and aircraft is when I do the following

1. Only have airport of departure and EDDF activated in your scenery.cfg (make this a rule for FSX in the future only DEP/ARR airports active)
  2. No ground traffic (cars ons highways) and AI traffic only to 10%
  3. If overcast then set ASN to 2 (max 3) layers
  4. If still no joy then lower the scenery and autogen and water one notch

It's a pain in the *** but until Aerosoft sorted this out, this is the best you can do when you fly INTO EDDF. Some people will tell you how fantastic their FPS and VAS are on EDDF and that's a pot of tosh because I also get reasonable good FPS and (still) low VAS when I start FSX up with a PMDG or Airbus parked at a gate in EDDF. Try doing a flight from EGLL to EDDF in PMDG with ASN weather, REX textures, ORBX ground etc and tell me what's your FPS and VAS if you don't do above 4 ...?

Come on Aerosoft ... give us a clue, a hint, a sign if you plan to update EDDF v2 ...? Please. And will it be in 2016 ...?

This OOM situation with EDDF is not funny anymore and 6/10 times you manage to taxi to the gate when arriving at EDDF too scared to breathe because that may upset the fragile scenery but then someone's chihuahua farts in EDDF and there is our beloved OOM back again. This is quite ridiculous!

BTW: Everything is turned off; fsx.cfg is tweaked to its max and even EGLL gives me a steady 21-25 FPS without a VAS hazard but for goodness sake, EDDF remains the only, and only, airport in my whole library of airports with this non-sense!

• 2 weeks later...

Well,

shockingly - NO reply - !!

sure,

I expected more ...

was hoping for a window

but the door was locked

no puff and no cough

could get through to Aerosoft

and that's why the cow was found in the tree

with an asparagus milkshake for two, please.

:glider_s:

Terblanche, I share in your disappointment for lack of reciprocation.  It seems pretty clear that quite a few people, myself included, are having difficulties with EDDF.  What I would love to know, above all else, is what it is exactly that is causing the OOMs?  We could assume it has to do with other add-ons installed, but to put it in to perspective, I own a lot of FlyTampa scenery, and some give me troubles, such as heavy stuttering, while others function perfectly normal.  Maybe a better assumption for now is how detailed the modeling was done.  EDDF could be one of those detail heavy airports that consumes more resources than normal, but if that is the case, then it would be helpful if Aerosoft would look into a config tool to either switch between hi and lo res textures, or eliminating certain features that may be resource heavy.  I reference FlyTampa again for their great config tool where you can turn off features to help reduce resource usage, and on top of that, they give descriptions to those features with a rating of heavy, moderate or negligible, to help the user decide if they want to use it or not.

@jmorvay1971 - my dad taught me that to 'ignore' clients may not be interpreted for 'ignorance' as much as for 'arrogance' ... Aerosoft has been a company with excellent service and products but a complacency has settled in and the latest sceneries are over produced - stunning to look at but not realistic within the 4GB VAS window. When you produce a scenery you HAVE TO take into account that the majority of your clients are using FSX and the majority of them have addons like ASN, GSX, EZDOK, REX and ORBX installed. Sure there are a few rules nowadays -

1. Only activate your departure and arrival airport in your scenery.cfg file ... SceneryConfigEditor is a great help with this
  2. When flying into EDDF / EDDT / EGLL / LSZH (all Aerosoft airports) then disable ORBX Vector; Ground Traffic, bring AI Traffic down to 10% and pretty much kill all eye candy

My fsx.cfg file is very well tweaked with a few extras and with FPS locked at 30 FPS it pretty much maintain that for most airports and that is with all the extras and eye candy turned ON. I have no problem with large airports like EDDM (Taxi2Gate); LOWW, EKCH, LGAV, (FlyTampa); any of the UK2000, DigitalDesign, or RFSceneryBuilding airports. But it feels like I'm trapped in an endless tautology and hate it when I repeat myself.

Yes, Aerosoft, CAN do something about their airports that are greedy VAS gluttons. The question is: will they?

It seems, not.

Did a few experiments with EDDF's chronic greedy VAS gluttony and OOMs when you approach EDDF from another destination. Don't think Aerosoft reads (cares) anymore about the topic but maybe one of you will have an idea.

Here is what I found -

1. In the [Mega Airport Frankfurt 2.0 Terrain\scenery\] folder is a file eddf_aerial.bgl which is a massive 1.5GB - if you disable this file the VAS jumps up considerably and NO OOMs have been experience with PMDG or Airbus on approach or taxiing to gate ... the 1.5GB alone is pretty much self explainable for this.
  2. The problem is that, when disabled, the whole area on and around Rwy 07L/25R is covered with trees on the runway an taxi-ways which tells me that either ORBX Global and/or ORBX Europe LC place them there and eddf_aerial.bgl has an exclude component to counter this.
  3. Could it be that there is a conflict between eddf_aerial.bgl and ORBX Global/LC ...? I remember a similar problem with FlyTampa EKCH where the OOM was fixed by renaming certain files that conflicted with ORBX. Once FlyTampa fixed the problem with an update everything was working 100%

:excl: I have NO idea what a file of 1.5GB is doing there if it only excludes other landclass and scenery because the taxiways and runway are clearly visible underneath the trees when the file is disabled (turned OFF) and is therefore not so much scenery as elevation to get over the bridges and to exclude the default and/or ORBX scenery/LC :excl:

Maybe there is a solution, if Aerosoft is willing to investigate if this massive file can be reduced to something more VAS friendly or come in contact with the ORBX guys to try and find out if this could indeed be the troublemaker.

The eddf_aerial.bgl file simply calls the textures located in the Mega Airport Frankfurt 2.0 Terrain folder. You can accomplish the same thing by not enabling the Mega Airport Frankfurt 2.0 Terrain in your scenery.

The problem with trees on your runway is a known issue with ORBX scenery PLACEMENT and can be resolved by re-prioritizing your scenery and/or running the Automatic Airport Elevation Tool in the Vector Configurator.

Terrain Enabled

Please login to display this image.

Terrain Disabled

Please login to display this image.

I hope this is helpful to you.

56 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

The problem with trees on your runway is a known issue with ORBX scenery PLACEMENT and can be resolved by re-prioritizing your scenery and/or running the Automatic Airport Elevation Tool in the Vector Configurator.

Thank you for your reply ...

There is no option to disable or enable for EDDF when I run Vector Configurator and anyway is ORBX Vector one of the many things you have to switch off when flying to EDDF in FSX

My ORBX Europe LC is below all other scenery - and only airports AES is above EDDF in my scenery.cfg file - will have a look again and see if I can get it as your screenshots.

Thanks again.

We're all still waiting for an EDDF Update for the SODE Jetways.. come on aerosoft/german airports team...it isnt that hard to do that...please (at least) tell us when we can expect the update? or maybe just some information about that topic...

thx in advance; nairolf

good day

2 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

I understand. Please run the Vector  Auto Config.

I have - and still same problem ... as a matter of fact, when Global Vector is enabled then it will almost guarantee an OOM   :(

In the FTX Global Vector Configuration Tool, EDDF is not listed in the Vector AES enabled/disabled box ...

Just did a flight from LEBL to EDDF - only these two airports were activated in scenery.cfg file; EDDF is clear skies i.e. no strain from AS16 clouds; AI traffic is 10%; EFB and AS16 run on second computer; the [Mega Airport Frankfurt 2.0 Terrain] folder is disabled to see if my above statement still holds water and hold and behold - short finals and with 625 VAS left another OOM.

To be honest, I'm so sick and tired of this ....................... and because every single other airport in my library has no problem, all the effort and determination to fix this is busy getting the better of me. The largest airport in Europe, beautifully done in detail and textures, is simply useless in FSX on approach from another airport.

PS: The problem is definitely worse since AES jetways were enabled.

vor 17 Stunden , Mathijs Kok sagte:

I do not think we actually promised a SODE update but I will discuss it one more time with the Project Manager though.

One of your developers/moderators/etc. said that they plan to include the SODE jetways in one of the next updates...

• Aerosoft
22 hours ago, nairolf123456 said:

One of your developers/moderators/etc. said that they plan to include the SODE jetways in one of the next updates...

I said it was one possible change. It is up to the developers however, this is not a project we done internally.

vor 2 Stunden , Mathijs Kok sagte:

I said it was one possible change. It is up to the developers however, this is not a project we done internally.

Okay, and what about a configuration tool or other measures to decrease the VAS load for us FSX users? I'm very much interested what you have to say about the tests Terblanche ran (see the previous page). And by the way, I still have the same severe VAS problems as Terblanche (and apparently, also other FSX users) in EDDF v2.

Sorry for being so inquisitive, but it was pretty tiring that our requests for some kind of status update regarding the VAS problems were largely ignored by Aerosoft staff during the past three months... We just need a little bit of reassurance that you take our problems seriously and that the GAP developers do what they can to ease those problems. Yes, it might be an external project, but you are the guys who sell this product. And as your loyal customers, we would appreciate a lot if you could ask the GAP developers about the state of affairs. Thank you!

Archived