Duel Core was made for FS 2004

seahawk09

Hey all,

Just wanted to say all those holding on to FS2004 if you dont have a Duel Core processer yet get one soon. I recently upgraded my machine with a intel duel core and flying FS 2004 has never been so nice very stable and not doesent look like a beta version like FSX, if only they could have made FSX less fuzzy and beta looking maybe I would be flying it. Anyway I just wanted to point to those who still fly FS 2004 get a duel Core processer and enjoy flying like it was ment to be. :D

If only they could have made FSX less fuzzy and beta looking

Hi Seahawk, I'm glad you can run FS9 well on your new system, although I run it with everything maxed with a single old 2.4 chipset with no issues.

Out of interest do you have a copy of FSX? I've never seen it looking fuzzy unless the quality of the ground textures are turned down. In fact it's a damn site sharper than FS9 as the level of detail has increased.

Hey Nick,

I certianly do have a copy of FSX I have tried higher settings on it but for some reason it taxes my system I recently had to do a completely new install of windows XP so i'll give it a shot again maybe i had alot of junk holding my system back.

Boy I bet you guys wish you could run the Cheyenne on FSX huh :)

Not really... yet. ;)

We're having a lot of fun with other stuff in FSX and flying the Cheyenne in FS9. I'm sure if and when it makes it across to FSX, it'll be good there too, but in the meantime, there's plenty of other stuff to do! ;)

Ian P.

If only they could have made FSX less fuzzy and beta looking

I understand what he means about the fuzziness. Somehow it's just not as sharp as FS9 was. It's almost like they tried to soften the imagery but instead just made it grainy.

• Aerosoft

I understand what he means about the fuzziness. Somehow it's just not as sharp as FS9 was. It's almost like they tried to soften the imagery but instead just made it grainy.

How it actually LOOKS is really up to the graphics card spendingt half an hour with for example the Catalyst Control Center (if you got an ATI card) really shows you how setting determine how it looks.

Not as sharp as FS2004 :?: :?: :?:

2006-12-23_19-29-45-649.jpg

TA-2006-dec-23-029.jpg

TA-2006-dec-26-029.jpg

2006-12-25_20-38-57-937.jpg

2006-12-24_10-49-9-734-1.jpg

2006-12-27_21-44-7-625.jpg

2006-12-27_17-29-12-671.jpg

2006-12-30_20-44-26-796.jpg

2006-12-31_10-54-48-515.jpg

2007-1-10_19-59-49-968.jpg

Dan

Still don't know what you're talking about :?:

Although I don't have an INTEL processor I do have an ATI Video card (as Mathijs mentioned). But as long as I don't go too fast, I don't have any type of blurring...)

I have an Intel computer (core 2 duo) and a graphics card with a 9 Billion pixels/sec fill rate. (That incidentally, is far more important that the amount of RAM. You can have 512 MB of video ram with a fill rate of 2 Billion pixels/sec and a 256 MB ram card with a high pixel fill rate will beat it hands-down.)

Anyway, to the point. My graphics are *crystal clear* like kofi's screenshots. There's no comparison to FS9, FSX beats FS9 into the ground when it comes to graphics.

Puppy

P.S. Awesome screenies Kofi! :P

Dan

Still don't know what you're talking about :?:

Although I don't have an INTEL processor I do have an ATI Video card (as Mathijs mentioned). But as long as I don't go too fast, I don't have any type of blurring...)

It's not blurred... it's like fuzzy. It's very hard to explain. I shot alot of video so I know what I'm trying to say I just can't explain it. It's like they are trying to simulate distance or motion blur or something. It gives the sim a softer look I guess. I obviously can't explain it so don't worry about it. But it's there.

Dan, would you like to borrow my "monitor" glasses or even my "monitor" wipes? :wink:

Only kidding, but there are many factors which do include GX cards and monitors.

Dan, would you like to borrow my "monitor" glasses or even my "monitor" wipes? :wink:

Only kidding, but there are many factors which do include GX cards and monitors.

Could be but I'm not the only one then.

Could be but I'm not the only one then.

Dan,

I think what your experiencing is when the ground hasn't completely "drawn". A good "check" of this is to to fly over an area with lots of roads, then pause.

What you'll most likely see at the 4 edges of your monitor are distinct areas of the roads that aren't as sharp as those directly beneath your aircraft. - This is because the textures haven't completely drawn in.

I have the same problem too and the way I best AVOID it is to not fly anything faster than around 250kias or so :)

Dan,

I think what your experiencing is when the ground hasn't completely "drawn". A good "check" of this is to to fly over an area with lots of roads, then pause.

What you'll most likely see at the 4 edges of your monitor are distinct areas of the roads that aren't as sharp as those directly beneath your aircraft. - This is because the textures haven't completely drawn in.

I have the same problem too and the way I best AVOID it is to not fly anything faster than around 250kias or so :)

Dude, just let it go. That isn't it. If you don't know what I'm talking about then you won't know what to look for.

Dude, just let it go. That isn't it. If you don't know what I'm talking about then you won't know what to look for.

Okay then...

Guess we'll just hafta take this up with OGV then... :P:P:lol: 8)