Aerosoft Airport: Brussels International (released)

Aerosoft Team

• 3 weeks later...

Are you guys able to give us some more detailed information on what the dev team is currently working on?

Well, I think EBBR :P

As far as I understand the scenery itself, the visual part is 9X% done.

So they're probably working on the AFCAD, maybe optimizing some parts, adding the ILS's and stuff.There is just nothing to show on the visual side I guess...

Just keep calm, release is close I think (and hope) :D

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

With all the respect to aerosoft and their developpers but I think you might show some more respect to your customers. It has been 2 years since you guys announced this project. The latest real information on what was worked on was in January, that is more then a half year! Together with that news we got the annoucement that a date was about to be revealed. On the 27th of April you guys stated "Should not be too long but it is not yet scheduled.". Since Jannuary when we asked for any information we got a verry impolite reply stating that "Asking for information won't have any effect" or that "The progress that is currently made can not really be shown". And you guys didn't even took the time to write it, just make an impolite quote.

I think that posts asking for release dates are indeed not needed here, but we just don't get ANY information, for more that 6 months! I think you guys might have some more respect for your customers and at least post a statement about what is going on. I know you guys are just the publisher, and it's an independent developper, but I think you should have a good communication with your developper. Me myself I'm in the development bussines too so I know what I'm talking about. Asking for relesese dates indeed is verry difficult and not easy for you guys, and I'm not asking for any release date, just any information. Cause when you say "The progress that is currently made can not really be shown", ok yeah the progress can't be shown, but you can say what has been worked on! Currently I've a strong feeling that this product won't be released and that this project just has been stoped.

I know it's not easy for you guys too, but there are currently 2 possibilities:

• You have information but for some reason you won't share it
  • You don't have the information (And I think it is this one, but that is no excuse)

When the last is true, then I think you should kick you developper and ask for it. 

I find this behaviour verry unrespectfull to your customers, for one, you don't give any information for over 6 months, 2 years after the annoucement, and two, you are verry unpolite and unrespectfull in your replies. I know there might be unexpected circumstances, but that is no reason to act like this. 

I hope you take your time to write a polite reply with some good information, and not just quote yourself or reply with one sentence. Further more I think Aerosoft must take some time to see how they treat there customers. You guys have 1 great advantage that is that there are no alternatives and at the end they will buy your products. But that doesn't give you the right to treat them like some shit. 

Thanks for taking your time to read and reply.

Kindest regards

• Upvote 10

• Aerosoft

We share the information we want to share. If that is not acceptable to you and you feel that as a potential future customer you are 'entitled' in some way to know exactly what the status of this project is, we differ in opinion.  I do not feel that is treating customers like shit and I take offence to that comment.  If you prefer the kind of companies that simply do NOT give out any information until the product is released you are talking to the wrong people. We do not work like that. We feel customers in 2015 should be informed as well as is possible. Sometimes that is with a lot of information, sometimes (when we are not the developer but the publisher) a lot less. 

I can say the project is NOT behind schedule but that the order of releases has changed. That's all.  

• Upvote 10

• 4 weeks later...
  • Aerosoft

Okay, let me share (20:30 Friday evening and two glasses of wine, I really need to get a life).

The project as it was done so far was not to our standards. So we arranged to get the current files and it will now be completed internally. That's why I written it is not behind schedule because basically we are making the schedule again. Even  though that means a delay it is good news for the project. 

Brussels is an important project for us. We got one of our offices there and it is a very important airport in Europe even though it does not rank high in numbers.

• Upvote 9

Okay, let me share (20:30 Friday evening and two glasses of wine, I really need to get a life).

The project as it was done so far was not to our standards. So we arranged to get the current files and it will now be completed internally. That's why I written it is not behind schedule because basically we are making the schedule again. Even  though that means a delay it is good news for the project. 

Brussels is an important project for us. We got one of our offices there and it is a very important airport in Europe even though it does not rank high in numbers.

I am very happy to hear that! As Brussels Airport is my home airport, currently there is still no good scenery for it (the mega airport scenery is just frame killing, I get 5FPS). Thnaks Mathijs for sharing that information, I know the scenery is in good hands now!

Indeed, I'm also happy that Brussels is in good hands now...

I would be a pity if all that work would end up to nothing!

I rather have a delay in the release then no Brussels at all!

Keep up the good work and if you have a teaser available in the future, don't hesitate to post it ;)

Good night!

Uh oh .... will there still be a FS2004 version?

• Upvote 1

Thanks for this update mathijs!Sorry to hear that the previous developer failed to meet your expectations.But happy to hear you took over development.I hope everything goes as planned now and that we will soon see your Brussels rendition in our sim.

Regards,

Steven

It being done internally by Aerosoft is, in my mind, a guarantee for quality and ease-of-use. So while it's too bad the original developer didn't manage to get it out, I'm happy to hear Aerosoft has taken over...

I'm eagerly looking forward to the new Brussels for FSX/P3D. In the mean time, I'll just keep using the current MA Brussels X. ;)

• Aerosoft

Uh oh .... will there still be a FS2004 version?

I do not know.

Our recent FS2004 only sales action was a total and utter bust. It really seems that market has gone dead. So we only do it if it is very very little additional work.

• Upvote 3

• 3 weeks later...

Great to see this project moving again !

As some one who is looking for other simulators thsese days ,  I recently purchased Prepar3D and x-plane 10... I guess P3D for sure here , but are you planing an x-plane 10 version too?

• Aerosoft Team changed the title to Aerosoft Airport: Brussels International (released)
  • Aerosoft Team locked this topic