Fuel Planner - A320 and A321

Diegoamd

After installing Hotfix 15 I've notice a strange fuel planning about A320 compared to A321.

If you set exactly the same pax, cargo and flighplan data you can notice that A321 planner use less fuel than A320.

Is it possibile? the A321 Dry Weight is bigger than A320 Dry Weight. So I figure out A321 use more fuel than A320.

Both have the same dry weight, the ZFW is the same. It's a bit strange... i think there is an error on last update.

Can someone confirm that?

post-71296-0-95536700-1368380188_thumb.j

post-71296-0-56713000-1368380192_thumb.j

The fuel planner is loading way too much fuel for me. I am landing with 10k lbs average. The loader prior to this update (1.1) worked much better at loading the correct amount of fuel.

Hello

I just put the same quantities like you and i got back this: A320 ZFW 51162 FOB 7022

A321 ZFW 56715 FOB 7752

Seems more accurate... but anyway still a problem :confused2_s:

Hello

I just put the same quantities like you and i got back this: A320 ZFW 51162 FOB 7022

A321 ZFW 56715 FOB 7752

Seems more accurate... but anyway still a problem :confused2_s:

Sorry that was for FL 100

FL 270 A320 ZFW 56775 FOB 7397

A321 ZFW 56775 FOB 7288

Sorry that was for FL 100

FL 270 A320 ZFW 56775 FOB 7397

A321 ZFW 56775 FOB 7288

Wow this is very strange, why ZFW should be changed when changing FL?

The aren't correlations between ZFW and FL, only the fuel quantity change if you're changing the cruise altitude.

So it confirm there is a problem with hotfix 15...

Can someone fix it or give us a dev feedback on this?

Hi

Same here. In addition when ever starting the planner, I'm prompted with an error msg, press continue and it's ok. But the calculations seems off.

Jead

The fuel planner is loading way too much fuel for me. I am landing with 10k lbs average. The loader prior to this update (1.1) worked much better at loading the correct amount of fuel.

10k lbs is fully correct for what fuel planner calculated. See trip fuel value and subtract it from total fuel. On two screenshots in OP you can see it gives ~5000 kg = ~10k LBS. So if you don't like that much reserve fuel just lower alternate dist, holding time, APU time, cont. fuel or other reserve values.

After installing Hotfix 15 I've notice a strange fuel planning about A320 compared to A321.

If you set exactly the same pax, cargo and flighplan data you can notice that A321 planner use less fuel than A320.

Is it possibile? the A321 Dry Weight is bigger than A320 Dry Weight. So I figure out A321 use more fuel than A320.

Both have the same dry weight, the ZFW is the same. It's a bit strange... i think there is an error on last update.

Can someone confirm that?

As your distance is very short calculations are almost identical as cruize time is very short. This is unfortunately inevitable. From my sources climb and descent fuel burn for A320 and A321 are very similar. I test fuel calculations for A320 almost daily and they are always within +-500 kgs of the actual fuel used.

If you think A321 calculations are wrong please measure (screenshots will do) fuel quantity on board just before liftoff and just after touchdown and post them here ;) I will be happy to correct fuel planner predictions if they are not correct.

Hi

Same here. In addition when ever starting the planner, I'm prompted with an error msg, press continue and it's ok. But the calculations seems off.

Jead

If you see an error message please make a screenshot and post it on forum in a separate thread. You can't complain about software not working if you receive errors and ignore them on purpose.

Oh, and ZFW never changes with FL... Someone just copied the wrong line :P

I've checked the xml file and the weights seems to be correct and are different between A320 and A321, I think is there some error in the main program calling data of 320 instead of 321?

Using same passengers and same cargo ZFW should be totally different from A320 and A321. You can check this settings configuring both pax and cargo to 0 and look at the ZFW.

With hotfix 15 A320 and A321 have the same ZFW...

No they don't.

This is an old "bug" that after you change the aircraft type you have to move at least one slider for weights to refresh. You can add one pax and then subtract one and see the effect. I will fix it in next HotFix but didn't notice it myself as you don't usually jump from one aircraft to the other with the same payload. ;)

Fuel calculated and loaded is still correct though.

Two things i've noticed is that:

1. the Landing Weight doesn't change if you change the trip distance. If you load more fuel, shouldn't the landing weight change accorindly?

2. Changing the total fuel in advanced mode doesn't affect a thing. You have to change the trip distance to see a difference.

Landing weight is without trip fuel... Just think about it ;)

Total fuel won't change a thing as it is only used to load certain amount of fuel calculated by external program for instance.

Hello

Before this conversation goes off track. There is no argument, or "complaints". Stating a fact, correct or not, the calculations done by the new planner are different than those done by the older one. Is that good, bad, whatever, I don't know, however, the values are not the same as the older one. I find myself landing with much more fuel than anticipated and taking off with more fuel than required. Fine, you may come back with the answer, learn how to fly an Airbus, or of the likes, but it does not change a simple fact, the calculations are not the same as the previous ones. At least to some of us. Again, no complaints, just stating a fact. Thank you for your great support.

Jead

Something I don't understand is the fact that with the A320 maximum fuel (19.151kg), the fuel planner don't even allow me to fly from Doha to Geneve (2504NM) even with 0 pax or 0 cargo....

But in real life, Qatar Airways fly this route with the A320. So do they have A320 with extra fuel tanks? Anyway, the A320 is given with a range of 3000NM and the fuel planner don't even allow 2504NM without any payload?

What is wrong, I don't get it?

Sir. With full pax and respective payload I can without any problems input route of 2546 nm in length. Please update to latest HotFix15.

BTW, with 0 pax and 0 cargo I can input exactly 3000 nm and still my fuel is within limits. All values are tested with A320. Also remember about higher FL for longer routes.

Also remember about higher FL for longer routes.

Damn, I feel really stupid now.... My FL was set at 280 and forgot to change it.... Thanks....

Archived