Andras Aviation Club forum

Welcome everybody to the Andras Aviation Club. A warm place for every user of the Andras Field. No need to be a plotholder - but hey its okay if you are. :D

This idea of having a club to unite all the users was initially brought to me by Ruud Faber. Thanks Ruud for this great idea.

The membercards were also designed by Ruud! B)

As of today (July 28´th 2010 we have 58 members - and counting)and we are awaiting an online solution here in Andras Field,so we can do our first real gettogether in our upcoming clubhouse almost on the runway. (A place for the Thursday Beer and Telling of Lies - meetings) More details on that later.

This place is now run by darem (AF09) and myself. Darem is making all the "missions" you can see in this forum, and I simply try to keep up signing people up. :huh:

Anyway - Welcome to it. Have fun

So we got our own sub-forum. This is of course only the first step. Now this is done, I am going to push on for a clubhouse in the scenery. We gotta have a place to meet and have the Thursday evening beer. laugh.gif

I will move all content about the AA-club in here, so please - in the future use this forum to address all thoughts and ideas here. Thanks a lot!biggrin.gif

Hi all,

well done Ole, thanks for the future clubhouse.

For the occasion i would like to donate my old Cessna 172SP to the club. For the youngsters to have fun with when training or multiplaying.

And nobody has to do the washing because the layer of dust is simply too thicksleep.gif

Download: works best when you copy the link into the browser's address field.

http://www.fscene.co...r-fun-172sp.zip

Unzip and copy the complete folder "cessna-vfr-fun-172sp" into:

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes

(The Cessna has no night lights ph34r.gif )

Hope it works well in your FSX as well as in mine. When not, please let me know by PM.

btw. i also like my beer on Friday.

Cheers!

ruud

post-31921-127953441588_thumb.gif

post-31921-12795344262_thumb.gif

post-31921-127953443829_thumb.gif

What a nice offer, Ruud :-)

Happy to have a forum of our own here. I'll take the opportunity to introduce myself and my role in the club: As some of you might have seen, I have been posting flight briefings for club members, little tasks with background stories. I'll do that on a regular basis, and I will also coordinate other activities that can be attributed to filling the virtual club with virtual life.

One of my ideas is to start a repaint contest, so that members can fly their planes with AAC colors and logo. I'll be pestering Aerosoft for a price for the contest - but regardless of that I will officially announce the contest by the mid of the week.

I volunteer to collect other ideas from members as well, so please use my personal mail on the forum for now, until I get an andrasfield email address.

In real life, I am 47, Head of Communications in an austrian/german enterprise, I live in Vienna and apart from virtual flying, I am interested in astronomy and especially meteorites. I am flying in FSX for a couple of years now, and my love and dedication is directed towards general aviation. Fav regions to fly in are Middle Europe, Australia and the West Coast. FSX isn't so much about technics for me, it's a sandbox game and a virtual world to discover. Each flight I fly has a story for me, that's why I LOVE addons like FSPassengersX or FSCaptain.

Looking forward to be an active part of this community,

Bernhard

• Deputy Sheriffs

...I have been posting flight briefings for club members, little tasks with background stories....

I like those little tasks. And as I have also some ideas on future tasks we should stay in contact via PM.

... I am interested in astronomy and especially meteorites.

Same me, not meteors but Deep Sky. That's the reason why I would like to set up a house with a liitle observatory on it, as soon as I get a plot. Andras could be a nice place for us star-gazer, when a lights are down on the airfield in the late evening.

• 1 year later...

Hello,

i'm new to the website, when are you all in andras field server? i have ben waching the server and never see anyone there but me. flying alone. very boring, lol do you all have a posted schedul?

if so my e mail is hondo11@inbox.com and thanks for sharing.

Hi Hondo,

yes, it's quiet there. Must be due to holidays also. What I myself usually do when flying in FSX, is open the (mandatory) teamspeak server. When no-one is on, I fly offline and post this as my status in Teamspeak. That way, whenever someone comes online on teamspeak, they can call me and I can join quickly enough.

I usually do this and not check the flightserver itself, because a lot of the time people are flying without Teamspeak, which I don't like.

Flying online must have voice, otherwise there's no point.

Soooo, just check teamspeak. If I'm on (usually every evening from 19:30 - 21:30 CET), you can contact me, even if I'm not flying online at that moment.

Hi Hondo,

yes, it's quiet there. Must be due to holidays also. What I myself usually do when flying in FSX, is open the (mandatory) teamspeak server. When no-one is on, I fly offline and post this as my status in Teamspeak. That way, whenever someone comes online on teamspeak, they can call me and I can join quickly enough.

I usually do this and not check the flightserver itself, because a lot of the time people are flying without Teamspeak, which I don't like.

Flying online must have voice, otherwise there's no point.

Soooo, just check teamspeak. If I'm on (usually every evening from 19:30 - 21:30 CET), you can contact me, even if I'm not flying online at that moment.

ok thanksfor the advise and i wil look for you