Weather Radar & TCAS: Dysfunctional?

Fab10

In P3DV4 I have rarely seen any radar returns in the CRJ, even flying towards large cells injected by Active Sky ASP4. Today I discovered that I could get them to reliably appear by cranking the tilt fully upward to +13. At that setting, I was seeing all the cells that were visible out of the window, but at any tilt setting less than +12, there was nothing on the display. This was in level cruise at 27,000 feet.

Jim Barrett

18 hours ago, Finn said:

I think that gain should be generally increased.

(..)

I support that notion, Finn.

Can anyone confirm my additional impression, that currently the CRJ wx radar can neither "look" straight ahead nor downwards? I mostly need a massive amount of tilt up to get the returns that match the wx from Active Sky (around 8-12 degrees up when not yet under 10k). Under 10.000 ft maybe 4 degrees do the trick, the latter is quite fine for me.

Thanks.

On a side note: Is ice detection modeled to the extent described in the OM? My wx today fulfilled all the condtions as per the manual, yet I did not get any of the bells or whistles associated with ice detection (unless, of course, when I was pressing the "test" button :P). So, ice detection is in/not in/planned for an SP/currently broken/none of the aforementioned?

EDIT:

Ice detection works. Conditions may just be slightly more restrictive than I had perceived:

Please login to display this image.

• 1 month later...

how do you turn on TCAS, I turn on what I think it says tcas but on screen it keeps saying its off, but I seen pictures where people have it turned on, so I know I am missing something,,  also just suffered my first CTD in V4 with the CRJ flying out of KSLC

4 hours ago, Jetwings32 said:

how do you turn on TCAS, I turn on what I think it says tcas but on screen it keeps saying its off, but I seen pictures where people have it turned on, so I know I am missing something,,  also just suffered my first CTD in V4 with the CRJ flying out of KSLC

For the TCAS, have you tried this already?

Archived