Malaga Installer don't ask for SODE

HardrockCafe

• Aerosoft

------  Skip to answer #20 ------

Hey everyone,

In P3D, there is an issue with the AFX files which are falsely assigned. The FSX Version is working properly. If you are using P3D with SODE and run into troubles with the jetways, you can try this HOTFIX on your own:

Go to     (your Drive):\Prepar3d\Aerosoft\MALAGA_AIRPORT\scenery and rename the file AFX_LEMG14.off to AFX_LEMG14.bgl and the file AFX_LEMG14_SODE.bgl to AFX_LEMG14.off 

So basically, you are renaming the two files, which will enable the CTRL-J Jetways. For the SODE-Jetways, you will unfortunately have to wait for the official fix.

Best regards,

Jan

• Aerosoft
vor 5 Minuten, HardrockCafe sagte:

Ok thank you very much Jan, but what if I want the SODE Jetways to work? There are no files in ProgramData/12bPilot indicating, that SODE is working with Malaga.

You will have to wait for the official fix unfortunately, but in the meantime this will be a workaround so that the jetways are displayed properly.

• Aerosoft
vor 7 Minuten, HardrockCafe sagte:

Ok I will wait.. But Jetways still missing after the Hotfix.

Are you sure you renamed it correctly? I updated my post to be a bit clearer. the AFX file with the ending .off has to be renamed to .bgl and the file with the .bgl ending has to be renamed to .off.  So the ending is what matters, .off disables the file. Works reproductively for me.

Hm I found the problem. For some reasons the bgl files does have the 7Zip tag and I can't disable the file by writing .off behind the filename.. I have to figgure out, how I can change this again. 

• Aerosoft

Sorry for this mishap gentlemen. As you might know we are a bit light in the testing and support department. that's why I am looking for two new staff, see 

But fact is this should not have been missed before release. It should be corrected tomorrow.

• Developer

Ok guys,
sorry for that but seems like the final version of the Installer messed a few things up.
Here´s the interims solution for P3D, FSX....

Those who HAVE Sode installed but the installer does not recognize it and therefore doesn´t ask which jetways you would like to install:
Download Malaga_SODE_jetways.zip and put the content into your current SODE setup (c:/programdata/12bpilot/SODE) and make sure
that the AFX files in MalagaAirport/Scenery are named as follows: AFX_LEMG14.off and AFX_LEMG14_SODE.bgl

Those who have no jetways at all and want to see the STRGJ jetways:
Make sure that the AFX files in MalagaAirport/Scenery are named as follows: AFX_LEMG14.bgl and AFX_LEMG14_SODE.off

In case you incidentally messed up the naming of the AFX files (cause the advice a few posts ago wasn´t correct) I also attached the right AFX files to be placed at MalagaAirport/scenery
Make sure that you ONLY use one of these two AFX files at the same time, depending on using SODE or not.

Thorsten

Malaga_AFX_SODE.zip

Malaga_AFX_STRGJ.zip

Malaga_SODE_jetways.zip

• Deputy Sheriffs
2 minutes ago, duartevieira said:

i mean dont take me wrong but this should have been spotted before release i have got no jetway at all they are just missing

And have you tried one of the three above given patches?

Archived