Autopilot problem

Hi

I hope that there is someone here that can provide me some help with my Airbus. I've had the product for a while now and have done quite a number of flights using the A319, 320 and 321 without any major issues. However, I'm now at a point where it's all gone horribly wrong. When I program my plan into the left MCDU it shows me my take-off speed as 168. I've tried to change this but it keeps giving the 'NOT ALLOWED' message at the bottom. So I leave it as it is and control my speeds manually. After take-off, I push the stick in so the plane can control the speed and it doesn't go past 168 so I set it to 250 below 10,000ft and have to increase it manually when I go above 10,000ft. On the right MCDU, the checklist sticks on 'CLIMB TO CRUISE' throughout the entire flight even though I am at cruise level. It doesn't descend like it used to. I am sure it's because it's not going through the 'INITIATE DESCEND' phase but I could be wrong. Has anyone else experienced these issues and/or can anyone provide information on how to correct this.  

I don't think it's temperature related Dave as I've tried different flights including the Tutorial flights that comes with the package. I set up my flight no differently to how I usually do. I have uninstalled it several times hoping it will correct itself  had no luck. Have a look at some of my screen shots to see if they make any sense

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198200978251/screenshots/

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198200978251/screenshots/ Notice in this one that the distance to '1864' is 4.6nm, this did not change since TAKE-OFF and wasn't changing at all. As you will probably be able to see, I am over 10'000ft. I had to delete this waypoint in order to continue with the flight plan. This is the 'EDDFLOWW01' that came with the package.

Here are the pictures

Please login to display this image.

• Deputy Sheriffs

With chronological order I meant that they should be in the order you took them. 

First you are in the air, then you are on the ground again, then in the air, then on the ground...

Please don't let us play a guessing game...

From looking at the screenshots, I would say that your main problem is that you are never in any sort of Climb mode, except right at the end when you are trying to force a V/S climb to FL390, which is very high unless you are very light (what was the MCDU REC MAX value on the PROG page?). V/S mode is dangerous in climbs for this reason: the aeroplane will try to achieve the selected V/S (in this case, 600fpm) at the expense of speed if too high a rate is selected and eventually will fly the aircraft in to a stall (or in the Airbus, Alpha Floor).

Before departure you should make sure you have CLB | NAV annunciated in blue on the FMA (just above the artifical horizon). The FMA is the law when it comes to mode changes: if it ain't on the FMA it ain't happening, whichever buttons you have pressed. It is a critical cornerstone of Airbus flying philosophy that you check your FMA regularly and know it all times, and especially confirm any selections you make on the FCU with the FMA itself. In real life, it is SOP to verbally announce every change to the FMA, whether it is an automatic reversion or a manual selection.

Make sure you have set the initial climb altitude and programmed the FMGC including the INIT B and PERF page: if it does not display you may need to recycle the FD and/or push the FCU knobs to get CLB | NAV blue on the FMA. On the FCU itself before departure, you should see dash, ball, dash, ball, ball, dash (ie managed speed, managed nav, managed climb with the first level off altitude set).

Once you are in the correct modes then you should find the automation works more logically!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

I recently had a user with a very similar problem. He ran the procedure shown below, and his problem was immediately fixed.

Hope this helps, but if it doesn't then at least you are at a known good position to start troubleshooting efforts.

Best wishes.

Sorry Tom, I did upload the pictures in chronological order and included a description with every one. I don't know why it mixed them up. I will do it again. I haven't tried any other addon Alvaro, so I'm not sure if the problem is elsewhere too. 

Loaded in the flight plan

Running through the flight plan

Having the plane manage everything

Just after Take-off. Please notice the ALTITUDE V/S has now gone off to UNMANAGED

Climbing. Please notice the distance to '1864'

I'm now at 5400ft and the distance to '1864' hasn't really changed

My speed starts dropping even though I have my Throttle fully at TOGA

I manually set the speed to 250 

My speed isn't being achieved at FL362 and eventually, (on this particular flight) the plane stalls

Ok Subatomicspider! If its possible try with other aircraft.

My problem is only whith  restrictions altitude ... I try again a new flight and same problem ...

Skelsey, the  the initial climb altitude is the transition altitude, right?

Some pics of my take off:

Hi Tom, have you looked over the latest upload I posted? If so, any advice? I have followed the steps above for re-installation but haven't tried it yet. This will be the 5th time I've re-installed the product so I'm already doubtful on this method working

I have tried the method advised by DaveCT2003 above without any luck. I have noticed that when I program my flight plan into the MCDU and step through it, it's always the next waypoint that's highlighted, not the current one. For example, if you look at my photo above titled 'Loaded in the Flight Plan' you will notice that waypoint 1806 is highlighted white even though my current location is the line above it. I have tried to delete the line in white in hope the waypoint corrects itself, but it deletes the line 1 space down. Could this be the source of the problem  and have the whole flight plan sort of confused?? I really want to get back in the air with this bird like I used to, please help me out

Alright,

12 hours ago, Subatomicspider said:

I have followed the steps above for re-installation but haven't tried it yet. This will be the 5th time I've re-installed the product so I'm already doubtful on this method working

Alright, so you followed the instructions except the whatever you didn't feel like doing? Please understand that means you and those trying to help you are wasting their time.

I wonder if you understand that you are jumping around, trying this and that in between what we're asking you to do, and that means that we're following you instead of you folloing us. That's not going to work, and I for one am done with doing that.  On top of that, you're giving me the sense that you don't know how to pre-flight and operate the aircraft, and that all you've done is watch a few videos - and then prequalified your request for help by saying "I know what I'm doing". Based on what you've told us, I have to question if you've even read through he manuals.

Now I've asked you to slow down and follow what we're trying to do, and you've blown that off.  That reinstall you don't want to do again?  I'm betting you did not do it correctly, and it doesn't matter how many times you've done it your way. That's why you were provided with a procedure to follow verbatim, and them confirm that you had do so.

I for one am NOT going to follow you on some Easter egg hunt, especially when you haven't put some of the eggs down and you move others every 10 seconds. You need to stop, do what we ask and nothing more.

Finally, I'm getting the sense that at least some of your issues are caused because you don't know how to operate the aircraft.  Nothing here is going to spoon feed your lessons on this. If you learned the aircraft only by watching videos, you need to get you nose in the manuals. In fact, right now there is no evidence that you're actually having an software issues at all, so learning how to prepare the aircraft and then operate the aircraft might very well solve all your problems.

Please, for your sake, read through the manual, reinstall the aircraft following the procedure you were given, and then if you're still having problems we can look at helping you.

Dave, 

I have done maybe 80 flights with the all variants bar the 318 from different locations around the globe. I have never had this problem until recently, which is why I joined the forum. I admit I didn't read the manuals provided for the aircraft at first, but since encountering the problem, have done so. I have also followed the method YOU suggested above right down to the letter and still had no joy. The way I operated the aircraft 8 months ago, on roughly a daily basis, hasn't changed. I admit, I did learn to fly this bird by watching loads of you tube videos but have learnt it more and more as I fly it, to the point that I now fly with VATSIM and for BA Virtual. But like I said, the way I prepare and fly it now is the same as I did from day 1. Something isn't right at all. I have followed the TUTORIAL  VOL6 from the start and I get the same outcome. I have noticed that the moment the plane leaves the ground, the Altitude is no longer managed which tells me SOMETHING is wrong. I am not asking to be spoon fed, all I'm simply doing is trying to find a solution to the issue I am facing. I HAVE done what you suggested and reinstalled it following the procedure you sent. I also updated RAAS through their website so it was up-to-date as fsx said the version I have was out of date.

Archived