A question on SODE

WebMaximus

To be honest I never was a fan of SODE but since I own a couple of airports that relies on it I thought I would try it out. In the past I always had it disabled to avoid issues.

However when I just checked my exe.xml and dll.xml files (both under C:\ProgramData and C:\Users\<User>\AppData\Roaming) I couldn't find any SODE entries and yet I have it installed looking under Control Panel-Programs and Features. This of course means SODE won't be active when I have P3D running since it's not loaded anywhere. I'm on Windows 10 and P3Dv3.3.5

Any idea what could cause this?

• Deputy Sheriffs

For P3D there are 2 locations where the xml files can be located, beneath the one you mentioned the other location is here: c:\programdata\lockheed martin\prepar3d v3\

IF you do not own Vaeroy here are 2 documents about SODE:

SODE_UserGuide.pdf

SODE_FileSystem_Overview.pdf

Thanks Otto!

I figured out why I didn't have any SODE entries. I'm running at 4K resolution with a 200% zoom in Windows to be able to see text etc better but the problem with this is some GUIs don't scale well and the SODE Platform Manager being one of them.

This resulted in me not seeing the activation and registration buttons so when the GUI appeared and it said P3Dv3 and the paths looked OK I thought everything was set and simply closed the Platform Manager. Luckily I found that I could resize the GUI to make it bigger by dragging the lower part of it downwards revealing the buttons so now I'm all good with green lights for both registration and activation. I also checked that I now have SODE entries both in dll.xml and exe.xml and this is in the C:\ProgramData location which is correct since I'm running P3Dv3.3.5.

Now the next problem is when I launch P3D I do have a SODE entry in the Add-on menu in P3D but I only have the test DLL connection option while the option to open up the SODE menu using TAB+S described in the SODE manual is missing.

Any ideas...?

Does the SODE window open if you push Tab+S? If yes, everything is okay. Despite you should also see the "reload all" entry in the SODE menu. If no, I would run the repair function of the SODE installer for version 1.3.4 again. Just yesterday I lost the SODE entry in the P3D menu bar entirely for some reason (with correct entries in the dll.xml and exe.xml), but running the installer again helped. Maybe a file was corrupted.

I was thinking maybe re-installing my airports that come with SODE might be a good idea as well to make sure everything is properly in place.

Below are the AS airports I currently have installed. Is there an easy way to find out which ones come with SODE without actually re-installing the airport?

Berlin
Frankfurt
London
Oslo
Palma de Mallorca
Prague
Rome
Split
Tromso
Zurich

Happy to say problem is at least partly solved by re-installing both SODE as well as JustSim's LFMN which was the last SODE-based airport I installed.

I now have the normal menu entries in the SODE menu and I does work fine to press TAB+S to bring up the SODE menu. However trying SODE out at Rome something still seems to not be fully OK because when I'm parked at a stand at Rome with a jetway the SODE menu when brought up tells me there are no triggerable objects found within 12 km.

Maybe I should try to reinstall Rome as well...?

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hello Richard,

not all stands at Rome have moveable jetways. Only the ones which are on wheels can be operated via SODE. I guess you are currently at one of the other stands, right?

vor 22 Minuten, WebMaximus sagte:

I now have the normal menu entries in the SODE menu and I does work fine to press TAB+S to bring up the SODE menu. However trying SODE out at Rome something still seems to not be fully OK because when I'm parked at a stand at Rome with a jetway the SODE menu when brought up tells me there are no triggerable objects found within 12 km.

Maybe I should try to reinstall Rome as well...?

That behaviour is normal in Rome. Only a few jetways are under SODE control. I think those jetways are mentioned in the manual. Great to hear that you sorted your problems out.

Thanks guys!

Will have another look when I get home but still thinks the message I got is a bit weird because I'm sure it wouldn't be more than 12 km to a gate where the jetway works ;)

OK, so I reinstalled Rome and now all seems to be working just fine :) I just tried the jetway at stand/gate 701 and it attached perfectly to the NGX. Did notice one thing though but I guess this is just a flaw you need to learn to live with...in certain angles in spot view the jetway disappeared and then it reappeared all of a sudden again after moving the viewpoint a bit.

So now that I got both JustSim's LFMN and Aerosoft Rome to work OK with SODE by reinstalling the airports I guess I should do the same for any ohter airports I have with SODE but as said above I'm not 100% certain which these airports are.  If someone could simply tell me which of the Aerosoft airports in my list that come with SODE it would be much appreciated!

Or as I already asked, could I find this out myself in an easy way without having to first reinstall the scenery to see if SODE gets installed?

Again here's the list of my currently installed Aerosoft airports where Rome is already fixed as mentioned above. From my head I think Prague and maybe Zurich as well might be SODE airports but please correct me if I'm wrong.

Berlin
Frankfurt
London
Oslo
Palma de Mallorca
Prague
Rome
Split
Tromso
Zurich

Just as far as i know, from your list of installed airports is only Rome using SODE.

Prague, Split and Zurich are using the AirPortController (APC) from Premek.

Ad

18 minutes ago, Ad said:

Just as far as i know, from your list of installed airports is only Rome using SODE.

Prague, Split and Zurich are using the AirPortController (APC) from Premek.

Ad

Ah, you're of course right! Now that you mention it I realize I mixed SODE up with APC.

Archived