EDDF v2 AFCAD

Yousel

Hello guys,

first of all thank you for that nice new Frankfurt scenery. Just one question, is it just me or do other guys have the same problem that the aircraft is parking too far away from the gates?

Thanks for your answers.

Of my own aircraft and there's no association with having full control over it. It is simply the AFCAD file which is (for me) not correct. That leads to a incorrect position of the aircraft when spawning for example at a gate.

the default position far an aircraft is the center of the aircraft in the center of the parking spot.

If you park an A320 (36m) on a spot suitable for an A380 (80m) the A320 will be to far away from the gate.

As EDDF has lots of large gates, the chances of a "small plane" at a "large spot" are quite high.

That's a shortcomming of FSX/P3D and something we have to live with.

as said above some examples would be helpful to verify this.

As example gate A16. I get spawned around 12m behind the normal stoppoint. No problem to taxi forward , but if I taxi to the normal position my ground service program doesnt recognize that I am at a parking position because I am too far away from the "normal" stoppoint.

I'm not at my FS-PC now - but from the groundchart I guess A16 is a 31-33m AFCAD position (A330/B744)

I'll check tomorrow and read back

• Developer
vor 6 Minuten, Yousel sagte:

As example gate A16. I get spawned around 12m behind the normal stoppoint. No problem to taxi forward , but if I taxi to the normal position my ground service program doesnt recognize that I am at a parking position because I am too far away from the "normal" stoppoint.

May you should ask the providor of your "ground service prgramm", why he keep the regonize so small.

At A16 a 340-600 is possible and a A320, they have a big diffenence in size. When the center of the Gate is too far forward, the 340 will end in the terminal.

• Deputy Sheriffs

That's why AES allows you a correct re-positioning of the aircraft:
in this case a "small" A319:

Please login to display this image.

A21 also looks like a "heavy" gate - designed for A330/B744 (31-33m) - used by B738 (18m)

like parking a mini in the center of a bigtruck parking spot

just check your AFCAD and see youselve

Archived